broomhandle

Lego Train Set Sticker Scans

Can we start a Collection of Scan's of each sticker set? I almost did 7939 but forgot. It would be a good database so we can print out extra stickers for builds. and each scan would have to be 1x1, no scaling down.

I know peeron has it, but lets go for a full quality.

anybody before they build? a scan?

Edited by broomhandle

i would guess there may be copyright issues with this???

i was thinking that, but i forgot to look if there is a ® or copywrite on the stickers.

For what it is worth, here is a site with scans of a lot of sets on it. For example, it has hte Santa Fe stickers.

http://www.brickfactory.info/stikkers/

cool, i remember all those from the idea books. I was looking for the newer train stickers. o well, probably copywrite and this thread should stop. :)

i was thinking that, but i forgot to look if there is a ® or copywrite on the stickers.

I was looking for the newer train stickers. o well, probably copywrite and this thread should stop. :)

The designs will be copyright in most places by default with or without the marking. That doesn't mean TLG will enforce the copyright, but I imagine they would be more likely to for the current trains.

I always make vector images for them. LEGO doesn't care. At LEGOWorld they used to even point to our ministicker store (unfortunately I'm a bit too busy at the moment, I think in the summer we well be back in operation). I got new materials (both transparent and white background) for the stickers a few weeks ago, so that is not going to be the problem.

I always make vector images for them. LEGO doesn't care. At LEGOWorld they used to even point to our ministicker store (unfortunately I'm a bit too busy at the moment, I think in the summer we well be back in operation). I got new materials (both transparent and white background) for the stickers a few weeks ago, so that is not going to be the problem.

Could you post a link to your store so I can keep an eye out for it if you do reopen? Also do you make replacements for the old 12V and 4.5V trains? I'd love some of those. I've got a couple of sticker sheets from that era if you need some scans to work from.

Peter

Could you post a link to your store so I can keep an eye out for it if you do reopen? Also do you make replacements for the old 12V and 4.5V trains? I'd love some of those. I've got a couple of sticker sheets from that era if you need some scans to work from.

Peter

We have most of the 12V trains and of the 9V, 4.5V depends. Our trains are from about 1980+ so we mainly got those. (link is in my profile). But anyway I would not mind to share scans etc. of course. Now and then I also get help of other AFOL's with certain rare stickersheets of that era.

I can also re-draw some of the stickers in Illustrator. But a scan of a sticker is so much easier. the old and new stuff would be great.

I can also re-draw some of the stickers in Illustrator. But a scan of a sticker is so much easier. the old and new stuff would be great.

Well if your printing press doesn't allow one to print pixel oriented drawings but vector images come out much better (and are rescalable)... ;)

Well if your printing press doesn't allow one to print pixel oriented drawings but vector images come out much better (and are rescalable)... ;)

Hi all

Im new to this forum and whe I try to find the link on your profile I get "You are not allowed". Could someone pls repost the link to the sticker store in this thread? And perhaps even post some newer links to where we all can find som nice stickers ;)

Thx

/W

For what it is worth, here is a site with scans of a lot of sets on it. For example, it has hte Santa Fe stickers.

http://www.brickfactory.info/stikkers/

Just curious, has anyone tried printing stickers from the scans on the above link? I wish I had scanned my BNSF stickers before applying them... they're fine still and hopefully will remain so, but I know from other older sets that stickers don't hold up as well as printed bricks, and trains seem to be bad about having stickers that run across pieces, BNSF being especially bad. It'd be nice to know I could reproduce them in the future if the need arose.

Hi all

Im new to this forum and whe I try to find the link on your profile I get "You are not allowed". Could someone pls repost the link to the sticker store in this thread? And perhaps even post some newer links to where we all can find som nice stickers ;)

Thx

/W

I cant help with the links, but the reason you cant look at profiles yet is you need to make atleast 10 posts i think it was. Just recently found this out myself

@domboy:

Those stickers (BNSF etc.) are very difficult to reproduce. They have white and metallic ink. Also LEGO used half tones in their design. I am almost finished with Santa Fe Super Chief / BNSF / Santa Fe cars. The half tones are the most problematic, especially creating (what I think) exhausts that sit on the sides of the Santa Fe cars.

http://www.fa-meier.de/lego/depot

They are divided into Blue / Grey / 9V etc

Awsome - and updated as well, thx a million. Sorry for high jacking this thread but since I cant msg specific members I thought I might ask right away. And while I'm at it, anyone knows where to find the one you see from above, like the user "LEGO Train 12 Volts" has? link is here:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/LEGO-Train-12-Volts/Avatar/12v-layout-02.jpg

Thx

/W

I have been creating custom stickers at home for some MOCs, but it is very painful to match colors. Its not as simple as you might think. You can find RGB and other color codes on the internet, but then you have to consider your printer. Every printer is different, and its very frustrating to essential waste a full sheet of my good vinyl decal paper just to test colors (yes, the paper also matters).

Even if you scan the decal sheets from Lego sets, don't be surprised if the colors look different once you print out a new set (even the scanner will alter the colors slightly.