Sign in to follow this  
Alopex

The wonders of the steam engine

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I present you... A steam powered wonder!

lddscreenshot99sepia.png

Created by our best engineers This vehicle will change the world!

lddscreenshot99.png

The inspiration:

steam-powered_fire_engine.jpg

Hope you like it! :classic:

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Such a Beautiful design, The gold and the dark red makes it looks so elegant default_wubnew.gif

I'd love to see this in real Bricks (Do you plan to make it)

Oh and I think this would benifit more in the Train Forum.

Very impressive LDD MOC Alopex! Perfect use of the metallic gold color for the various parts of this steam engine. Tthe whole design really looks classy and very elegant. Now only if those pieces are available in the right metallic gold color I would sincerely love to see this in real brickbuild. Great work! :thumbup:

I can see this model makes good use of the various metallic colors on LDD-- at a glance I see what look to be 187 Metallic Earth Orange and 189 Reddish Gold.

Very nice and realistic-looking greebles. The color scheme is also appealing. And I like the image you edited to look like an old photo! It really shows how very dynamic metallic colors can make a model.

The most creative part usage I see is that tiny 1x1 flower you used as a valve. Very clever!

It'd be cool if you did like the reference photo did and varied the size of the wheels, however. It would make the silhouette of the underside a lot more interesting. Not sure how well that can be done with the wheels that are available.