Sign in to follow this  
Primus

MOC: Creech

5212913115_f534ea405e_z.jpg

(Click on picture for a higher-res picture)

Gallery (it's public)

So, I haven't really built much recently, due mainly to the fact that I don't have any parts at school. But, I had time to build something over Thanksgiving break, and I did.

This is some sort of alien insect creature thingy. I guess it's kinda creepy? That's up for you guys to decide.

So, anyways, hope y'all like it.

Very nice.

I may not be a fan of this kind of building style (stability etc.), but you made something that looks great and the head just reminds me so much of Mantax.

Great work!What's the torso piece in the middle?

Took me a while to figure it out too. I think it's Tuma's helmet.

I love the spindly looking legs and arms. It really accentuates the insectoid feel.

Very nice, but I am quite curious. What is the part you seemed to have used for the arms, are they just old parts that are no longer released?

I'm pretty sure that the arms are a bunch of these retired parts.

I hate it when they retire useful parts. :sad:

I don't have any particular misgivings about those parts being retired. I had several sets with them (particularly Aquazone sets), and in my opinion there was good reason for them being retired. They were fairly brittle from my experience, and I probably have several broken ones in the drawer where I keep them.

I don't have any particular misgivings about those parts being retired. I had several sets with them (particularly Aquazone sets), and in my opinion there was good reason for them being retired. They were fairly brittle from my experience, and I probably have several broken ones in the drawer where I keep them.

Maybe true on some points, but they obviously were useful here. Some Lego parts over the years have been brittle, you just have to treat them gently.

But what about the pitchfork? remember from the early castle sets? And their old shields? Those should never have been retired!

When I first saw the title, I thought you might've created Greg Capullo's "The Creech"... Hah, nonetheless, great figure :) I actually like the hands the best... they really have that dramatic comic-book flexing pose going on. It really adds an additional point of interest to the pose.