11 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I found this at my local Lego store, and picked it up mainly because I really wanted a light brick and this was the least expensive way to get it. This is my first review on Eurobricks.

Set Number: 5764

Set Name: Rescue Robot

Theme: Creator

Year: 2011

Pieces: 149

Price: €14.99 / $16.99

The Box

The box is about 26cm x 19cm. The front shows the three models and the light brick on the front.

img25180.jpg

On the top, it shows a list of the bricks included.

img2521y.jpg

The back shows the three different models.

img2522o.jpg

Inside, there are two instruction manuals and two unnumbered bags.

img2523e.jpg

There are lots of nice parts, but nothing really special. The amount of pieces is actually a bit low for a Creator set.

img25260.jpg

These are the most notable pieces in the set. There is a 2x2 curved slope piece in metallic gray/silver, plus two teeth pieces. Also the light brick seems to have some film that needs to be removed before it can be used.

img2528r.jpg

Here is the light brick lit up. It has an orange light, not yellow which the box suggests.

img2529j0.jpg

The front page of the first manual showing how the light brick should be used.

img2530g.jpg

Random instruction page.

img2532.jpg

The Build

Here are a few shots that I took as I was building.

img2534n.jpgimg2536m.jpgimg2540vc.jpgimg2543fg.jpg

Finished product:

img25440.jpg

Leftover pieces:

img2546w0.jpg

Here are some pictures of the finished set.

img2547d.jpg

img2548z.jpg

img25490.jpg

It has a lot of joints but limited poseability.

img2550xm.jpg

Comparison to a minifigure:

img2552r.jpg

The build was simple and easy, like all Creator sets. It takes about 10-15 minutes for an experienced builder.

There is not much playability, other than the light brick, but it is better than most Creator sets in this price range.

This set was a decent parts pack, with lots of hinges and joints, although probably not as good as other Creator sets. The most useful is the light brick, as this is currently the cheapest set that has a light brick in it. I usually like that most Creator sets have a lot of good pieces, and while the models do have some playability features, sets such as this one should only be bought if you're looking for some good joint pieces or you need a light brick.

End of Review.

Edited by WhiteFang
Indexed and poll added

I saw this in my local lego store today and serious considered buying it, but decided not to after checking my wallet. But now it looks like i'll have to go back and pick it up!

I've never been a 'big' fan of Lego robots because they would usally end up in pieces in a week when I buy them default_tong.gif But there is somthing about this one that I really like.

Great review and great pictures Quy (and welcome to eurobricks, plus great way to introduce yourself default_classic.gif )

Edited by The Red Brick

Thanks for sharing this pretty neat review Quy! I agree this looks like a good way to get the light brick inexpensively (aside from BL). I might give this set a chance, as the model itself is pretty good and can be a good source of useful parts.

This set is really great! I'm considering to get a pair of it! Great partpack, great main model and... NEW STRONGER JOINTS!

And anyone noticed that this robot have the same colorsheme as new Atlantis sets?

Edited by Lordofdragonss

Looks pretty good. I saw this and another creator set in my store. This looks like a good set to get a light brick cheaply.

The Creator sets for 2010 and 2011 so far seem to be a bit of a letdown compared to Creator sets of the past

The Apple Tree House and Log Cabin are nowhere near as good as the Family Home, Beach House or Model Town House IMO.

And the Creator sets of 2010 and 2011 dont seem to be the GREAT parts packs previous Creator sets were (e.g. the 3 aforementioned houses, the white convertible or the green dragon)

The Creator sets for 2010 and 2011 so far seem to be a bit of a letdown compared to Creator sets of the past

The Apple Tree House and Log Cabin are nowhere near as good as the Family Home, Beach House or Model Town House IMO.

And the Creator sets of 2010 and 2011 dont seem to be the GREAT parts packs previous Creator sets were (e.g. the 3 aforementioned houses, the white convertible or the green dragon)

I agree. The Creator sets seem to be getting more expensive and the price per brick ratio is a lot lower. Out of all the new sets that are coming out, I only considered this one because the others weren't good parts packs. I wish they could focus on more bricks of the same color rather than a variety of pieces with different colors which it seems they are trying to give us in the newer sets.

Thanks for the review! And welcome to Eurobricks, too!

I have to say I thought 5893 was quite a good set, over 1000 pieces for only 89 dollars.

ok the new joints really just make this robot into a must-have-two-or more kind of model to me. It seems like a great way to get them. Plus the robot itself is very cute. Creator robots tend to have this retro look that makes them quite good for display. I have this set:

4917-1.jpg

And I think both would look really nice together.

I think though that somehow the robot is shorter than what it looks like in the box.

Edited by vexorian

I like it. I'll admit I'm not entirely convinced by the hands, but I'm sure that one of my old Exo-force robot's will happily "donate" his arms so that this guy can have a nice set of opposable thumbs :laugh:

Thanks for the great review quy :thumbup:

Wow. I think this is the worst year for Creator yet. This set is no good. It looks like something my 8 year old sister would make. At least it kinda fits in with the Atlantis theme.

ok the new joints really just make this robot into a must-have-two-or more kind of model to me. It seems like a great way to get them.

I'm not sure, but it seems the new joints are already available in Pick-a-Brick.

They list at least two different bricks with cups, but I'm not sure which one of them is the new one.

I'm not sure, but it seems the new joints are already available in Pick-a-Brick.

They list at least two different bricks with cups, but I'm not sure which one of them is the new one.

It looks great !

I don't like this robot, but surely I'll buy it because of all those usable parts :thumbup: .

To the reviewer:this is the best in its price range...

...because it's the very first time we have a Creator set for 15€ :tongue: !

I've bought as usual the MInicreator sets to display them and the Dune Hopper that is IMO a little good model :thumbup: .

I agree with jonwill, except for the 2010 Car, the Sonic Boom and the Offroad. Other sets are unimpressive.

Edited by Plastic Nurak

Hmm, i'm not sure about this one. I do like the concept and I kinda want it for parts, but... i'm sick of red creator sets and by the time it makes it's way into Aus stores it will prolly be about $35, which seems pretty dear for 150 peices. (even with a light brick). :hmpf_bad:

Oh well, it's not like i don't have plenty of other sets to save up for!

I dismissed this set at first, but when I took a closer look at the parts and started thinking of what I could do with 2 sets I bought it and I was quite happy with what I was able to come up with.

The figure articulates very much like an art mannequin and I can pose him in a lot of different positions, also the led light lines up right with the center of the turn table base that I use for the eye.

They really should have sold this set with more joints to make a much more flexible robot.

More on my flickr account, I just came out of my dark age so this is the first thing I posted that I made

post-15851-13075762086.jpg

post-15851-130757620074.jpg