Admiral Giddens

Review: 3830 Spongebob - Bikini Bottom Express

Great review once again Chris *y*

I really love this set despite the basketball and other crappy shooting devices :-| Lets hope they will reach France and the rest of Europe !! I will definitly buy this set !!

I have two small questions Chris:

1) Since I don't have any pull bac motor vehicles, can you easilly modify the boat/car (taking the motor away ??)

2) Is that TV a printed part (it looks like one) ?? That would be awsome !! Is there any stickers at all in this set ??

Tks in advance Chris ;-)

*yoda*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! hahaha just like that villain in your comic.

overall, i would agree with your wife in that it is a set for girls to play house with. for me and my son this theme/line is a waste of time. even though i'm in the US, i still can't understand the attraction of spongebob. do any of you watch the cartoon? can you tell me what's so appealing about spongebob?

overall, i would agree with your wife in that it is a set for girls to play house with. for me and my son this theme/line is a waste of time. even though i'm in the US, i still can't understand the attraction of spongebob. do any of you watch the cartoon? can you tell me what's so appealing about spongebob?

Well, since I learned about SB Lego, I decided to buy a dvd to "learn" about SB. I finally bought the entire First Season. I have learned in 3 dvds lool.

Even though the characters of Bob and Patrick are truly annoying (they really aggravate me), the characters of Squidward and Mister Krab are hilarious !! The money loving crab talking like a real pirate (argh argh argh), and the always pessimistic and talentles squid are a must see !! Plus there is the funny Plankton which is a total mess, he will never succeed in anuthing loool.

I like the aquatic themes in general and I think the design of the houses are nice ;-)

*yoda*

I have the first season in dvd too! the only thing it missed; is the very firts episode, when Bob got his work at the krustycrab.... I really want TLC sell this line in France!

I have the first season in dvd too! the only thing it missed; is the very firts episode, when Bob got his work at the krustycrab.... I really want TLC sell this line in France!

Alex, I was talking to an employee of TRU (at La D

Thanks for the review.

I was planning on keeping away from SpongeBob, but that Bikini Bottom set is seriously tempting now.

The way the house unfolds and how they used the diagonal plates to hold the hinges at a perfect 45* angle is genious. Before now I had always thought that using hinges to get circles always meant instability, but that offers lots of ideas for MOCs...nice round but strong spaceship engines... hmmmmmmh!

Looks like lots of good orange parts in there.... I guess I could fit the new figs into some kinda Space Bar setting, where you could overlook how odd they are.

How much did it cost btw?

I've never been able to watch an entire episode of Spongebob...but that Spongebob Minifig just cracks me the hell up so I'll be getting at least one of the sets just for him Deino.jpg

Hmmm.Maybe i'll ask this set for this year's Sinterklaas (a Dutch and Belgian thing) and Christmas.

The cata-bed looks like fun!

I am really positive about this line.I think that people of all ages will be buying these sets.

I had my suspicions about this line, but this set looks good! And I see some useful parts for Pirate theme along with a load of orange pieces. But why does every set has a catapult in it? Why? Ok, throwing stuff around if fun and all, but it gets a bit boring after a while :-D

Thanks for the review... I'll probably look for this set when it reaches Ireland!

God Bless,

Nathan

dont see the point in this set...sure you get great orange parts..but i still cant understand all the fass about sponge bob....its a yellow sponge...he lives in a pineapple(?).... *wacko* *wacko* so??

i have never seen any episodes of this cartoon and i dont intend to..!!

if this brings money to TLC then fine....but it sure will not be my money!! (not with all these amazing sets coming up)

(Spongebob who???) *wacko*

phoinix *sweet*

I am not a Spongebob fan (several friends of mine are), but these sets are very well done. And they have a great parts selection. That snail thing is very impressive and it has green cherries too! I probably will be getting some of these just for the pieces. Bob's house just screams, "orange parts pack!" to me.

Josh

xwingyoda, if you see a spongebob set in the lego shop in Paris, would you tell me? Because if they are only in it, I will go to Paris one day during the holidays school for that. Thanks!

xwingyoda, if you see a spongebob set in the lego shop in Paris, would you tell me? Because if they are only in it, I will go to Paris one day during the holidays school for that. Thanks!

I will let you know asap Alex ;-)

*yoda*

I really love this set despite the basketball ...

Yes. what is the deal with the basketball hoop?

I've seen nearly all the episodes and none of them had anything to do with basketball.

I'm not complaining, but it's a little odd. :-/