Sign in to follow this  
smittyfan

Is Belville Leaving?

a while back when i was at my 'not so local' Lego store, i was sad that a certain Belville set was out of stock, and wondered if it could be ordered... :classic: apparently it can now only be gotten on places like Bricklink or Amazon... :cry_sad: (for about 2-3 times the original price) :angry:

i was informed by the guy there that the Belville series was on it's way out, and there weren't any plans for new sets any time soon... :cry_sad: he also mentioned that is was going to be 'replaced' with something else...

so is that really true? *oh2* has anyone else heard about this? *huh*

Well,

I haven't heard about anything, but let's have a look at the Belville Set List over at BrickLink. You will notice that the newest Belville set was released in the year 2008, two years ago. So I guess it's unlikely that there will be new sets suddenly.

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Edited by Legostein

too bad... :cry_sad: well, at least it'll make it easier to get the older sets, if there's nothing new coming out to divert my spending money.... :wink:

Hello again,

please don't be too sad. See it in a different way: The first set appeared 1994, and the last one in 2008. These are 14 years with new sets, and there were almost one hundered of them. This makes Belville to a very successful theme compared to other more short-lived ones. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Please don't be sad. In the 2011 city thread, one member said that a new girl theme will be coming out in late 2011. :wink:

Edit: 777th post! :grin:

Edited by Mrlegoninja

hmm.. true.... :cry_happy: i still miss it though... although the idea of a new girl theme intrigues me. any chance it'll be like a new version of Paradisa? :blush:

I have had an indication from a source that Belville will actually be back next year. Not 100% sure though if it's an own release or it'll go minfig scale, refering to the "girly" minifig scaled city theme.

really?? that'd be pretty awesome!!! :cry_happy: although Belville wouldn't be the same if went to minifigure scale... i like the figures and the pretty skirts! (plastic printed brick skirts aren't the same...) :sadnew: