XimenaPaulina

KielDaMan's Custom Star Wars Minifigures

I’ve been doing MOCs for almost a year now and I just realized now that I’ve done quite a considerable number of custom minifigs, but somehow these have been overshadowed since they are always seen as just ‘part’ of the MOCs. So it’s now time to shine the spotlight to all the custom Star Wars minifigs I’ve done so far. Following the tradition of the great customizers ThePenguin and tin7, I’ll be pooling all my customs in this single topic for easy browsing, referencing, and so as not to flood the MCW subforum with new single topics.

So let’s start the ball rolling with my first attempt at minifig customization, the ARF Troopers of my Lightning Squadron.

4751275449_a37151ba4d_z.jpg

The Lightning Squadron Crew

4751277837_c07c613535_z.jpg

Next one is The Muunilinst 10 ARC Troopers from my ARC Gunship MOC:

4900607182_d2852abc96_z.jpg

Captain Fordo

4900016125_bc742cff5d_z.jpg

Heavy Gunner ARC Troopers

4900016377_9478cbdecd_z.jpg

With specialized weapons: portable rocket launcher (left), modified heavy blaster (middle), and Z6 rotary chaingun (right)

Regular ARC Troopers

4900608018_9d1f95b796_z.jpg

This next batch of customs is the crew of my Razor Squadron MOC

The Razor Squadron Crew

5163533361_902a9506cc_z.jpg

ARC Clone Gunner, Two ARC pilots, and R4-C7.

And here's my latest batch of custom minifigs, using Arealight's new clone trooper helmets.

5162508623_ee82e9ab3f_z.jpg

Updated Lightning Squadron using Arealight ARF helmets (with customized print)

5162515531_042d32e832_z.jpg

Clone Airborne Trooper of the 212th Attack Battalion

5162515527_2f7d4be23c_z.jpg

Clone Commander Bacara of the 21st Nova Corps (Galactic Marines)

5162579759_1f56e6277f_z.jpg

Captain Rex in Cold-Assault Trooper Gear

5162523389_2f1ef71650_z.jpg

Clone Commander Colt of the Rancor Battalion

5162523385_358efcb701_z.jpg

Clone Commander Neyo and CT-3423 of the 91st Reconaissance Corps

5162523399_05d989cb80_z.jpg

Here's a couple of additions to my custom SW minifigs: new-look Ahsoka and Keelyvine Reus from my JSF Collection V2.0 MOC at the SW forum.

Ahsoka in new CW outfit:

5230683016_457a210546_z.jpg

5230683024_69a248e3f6_z.jpg

Made with a combination of spray paint and sharpie.

Keelyvine Reus:

5230683026_2faa56ed33_z.jpg

5230683028_38a7a0f1dc_z.jpg

This is my first attempt at designing decals. Arm prints were spray painted and detailed with sharpie.

Well, that's it, as you would observe these are mostly clone trooper customs so far, but I have some other non-clone SW customs that are in the planning stages. Pls. forgive me if my customs are not as good as the other creations of other customizers since I'm still learning the tricks of the trade so to speak. default_laugh2.gif I hope you enjoyed my custom minifigs and I'll regularly update this thread whenever I have new additions.

Edited by KielDaMan

I'm always impressed by people who can accurately draw on a minifig. I can barely draw on a piece of paper let alone something as small as minifig parts. Or is that paint? Either way veery well done.

These are great, and I have to agree with Brickdocter that your Bacara is the best. What do you use for paint?

Great job :thumbup:

I'm always impressed by people who can accurately draw on a minifig. I can barely draw on a piece of paper let alone something as small as minifig parts. Or is that paint? Either way veery well done.

Thanks CM, actually the prints are a combination of paint and sharpie. Sometimes the laziness in me makes me use sharpie because its easier to use but gives a more sloppy finish. But I'll be getting more serious in minifig customization now and will definitely aim for cleaner and more quality custom prints.

There are pretty good. But personally, I like Waterslide way better. The detail is nice as well.

Like what I said earlier, I'm still learning the tricks of the minifig customization trade. I've not even delved into using waterslide decals, but that is the next logical step I'll be making for my next customs. :wink:

Edited by KielDaMan

Nice paint job on the helmets!

-Omi

Thanks Omi! It's nice to hear from one of the great customizers here in EB. :classic:

What happened to my precious AT-RT driver?!?! :tongue:

Think you did the best work on Bacara, though.

I'm still unsure of showing it as a custom because I just recycled an old Boba Fett torso for the minifig. I'm planning to make a custom torso decal for the AT-RT driver so I can present it as a better product.

These are great, and I have to agree with Brickdocter that your Bacara is the best. What do you use for paint?

Great job pirate_thumbup.gif

Thanks! Actually, Bacara is not quite finished yet (as well as Cold-Assault Rex and Comm. Colt). I will still improve him with a better paint job and attaching an helmet antenna. As for the paint, I use ordinary acrylic paint, and I will also try using clear lacquer soon to preserve the paint job.

Edited by KielDaMan

I'm still unsure of showing it as a custom because I just recycled an old Boba Fett torso for the minifig. I'm planning to make a custom torso decal for the AT-RT driver so I can present it as a better product.

Ah. No Kashyyyk trooper?

I like the Lightning Squadron dudes. Nice work! :thumbup:

Thanks. Those are actually updated already (below) with the new Arealight ARF helmets. But it's still nice to see how the Biker Scout helmets can be effectively used as an alternative for the ARF troopers back then.

Updated Lightning Squadron using Arealight ARF helmets (with customized print)

5162515531_042d32e832_z.jpg

Edited by KielDaMan

I never knew you could do such a nice job with these customised minifigs. Well done on the paint job. It's very nice to sit back and enjoy a very well organised presentation for your work. :thumbup:

I never knew you could do such a nice job with these customised minifigs. Well done on the paint job. It's very nice to sit back and enjoy a very well organised presentation for your work. pirate_thumbup.gif

Thank you very much for the kind words WhiteFang! And if my assumption is correct, thank you also to you and/or LuxorV for the new tag, I really appreciate it! default_classic.gif I'm still a bit new to most customization techniques but I'm seriously looking to improve my craft in this field. Thanks once again.

And if my assumption is correct, thank you also to you and/or LuxorV for the new tag, I really appreciate it!

I strongly believed your new tag comes from LuxorV. :grin:

I strongly believed your new tag comes from LuxorV. :grin:

Slightly off topic, but is that tag just for minifig customizers in general? I'd always assumed it was for contest winners. Or is it for exceptional work like the MOC Expert tag?

Cool! I like all of these, but my favorites have to be the Airborne trooper and the cold combat Rex. You have some excellent sharpie skills!

I don't have it, it's too pricey for me. default_sadnew.gif I might have to use custom decals when I improve that custom AT-RT driver.

Yeah, he's one of the more expensive minifigs. Are you going to use camo waterslides, like from Fine Clonier, or just regular stickers?

Yeah, he's one of the more expensive minifigs. Are you going to use camo waterslides, like from Fine Clonier, or just regular stickers?

I will still try to experiment if I'm going to use regular sticker or waterslide, but for sure I'm going to make my own design. I'm also deciding if I'll do this one or a camouflaged one, or both. Come to think of it, is there a camouflaged AT-RT driver? I haven't seen any image of one yet.