Sign in to follow this  
Ye Olde Pirate

MOC: Cobbler, Cobbler, Mend my Shoe

indexed.gif

Hello Everyone!

Here's another MOC I built for the CCCVIII contest over on ClassicCastle.com.

Story: "This here cobbler's been in our village for over ten years or so... No one really knows where he came from. He just sorta popped out of thin air, and set up his shop. He's got a patch over his right eye and he'll spin a million yarns of how it got that way. Some say he was once a pirate, others say some rough men beat him up for chargin' to much for his shoes. Aye, it ain't none of my business anyway. He does a bang-up job with the shoes though. Better than one of the cobblers in one of the larger cities, and he's a good a man as I've ever seen."

1289175111m_DISPLAY.jpg

1289174388m_SPLASH.jpg

Link to MOC pages: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/235397

Thanks for looking and God bless! :classic: Please give me some feedback.

Edited by I Scream Clone

Very nice build Ye Olde Pirate, I really love how the house seem to have sprung out of nowhere amidst all those greeneries. Very clever use of those shoe 'pieces' too. Good job! default_thumbup.gif

Great vignette! I really like it...

but... LEGO people don't need shoes :tongue:

Nice shoe idea! The only thing I'd like to see would be a roof that lifts up.

Thanks! Actually the roof does lift up. I forgot to post a link to my MOC pages so you coud see the pic that illustrates it. But I posted the link now. :classic:

Excellent creation 'Ye Olde Pirate', lovely garden, nice house and great little workshop. :sweet:

Keep on cobblering ! :sweet:

Thanks! :classic:

Very nice build Ye Olde Pirate, I really love how the house seem to have sprung out of nowhere amidst all those greeneries. Very clever use of those shoe 'pieces' too. Good job! default_thumbup.gif

Thanks! At first I thought I'd just use studs as shoes, but studs don't look like shoes... :wacko: So then I went with idea number 2...these guys. It turned out pretty well if I do say so myself. :classic:

Great looking display. I would love to see more pictures, especially of the inside.

Thanks! I posted the link to my Mocpage. More pictures there. :classic:

Great vignette! I really like it...

but... LEGO people don't need shoes :tongue:

Thanks! You are right Lego people don't where shoes. But in real life...people where shoes! :tongue:

Great MOC, Ye Olde Pirate! :classic:

I like the overall look of the MOC and the story behind it. I also like the shoe sign out the front of the shop.

Well done. :thumbup:

~buddy~

I think the cobblers house is a little bland, maybe some more windows and elements on the walls? looks great so far!

Edited by brickartist