Sign in to follow this  
ADHO15

Meet The Solos

Hello everyone.

Here is my entry for the Everyday Life In The Galaxy Contest.

It is based upon a typical day in the Solo household and so is set in the Expanded Universe after ROTJ. Both MOCs and the EU are things I'm not very involved in so I went all out here. :grin:

So here it is:

c001.jpg

The model consists of three rooms: the kitchen, dining room and partial lounge. All the family are very busy!

c002.jpg

"Han, get some more blue milk when you go out!"

Leia's busy preparing food for...

c003.jpg

Little baby Anakin in his high-chair.

c009.jpg

"Goodness! Master Luke and young Jacen are having a game of spaceball indoors? We're doomed."

c005.jpg

R2 was very naughty and so he has to stay outside! He tried to do things with the cooker. :sadnew:

c006.jpg

"Chewie!" :angry:

c007.jpg

It looks like Chewie will be sent outside too if Han finds him!

c008.jpg

And Jaina's having a long conversation with her friend about... homework? :sceptic:

I used only parts from sets I own. I didn't buy anything especially for this contest.

The model stands on eight 8x8 plates so has an area of 512 studs, plus an extra eight for R2!

Any comments, criticisms and improvements are welcome!

Thanks for looking! :sweet:

Edited by ADHO15

Haha, great entry! :thumbup:

Never thought a 210+ years old Wookiee would still crap on the floor. :grin:

Good luck in the contest.

~ General Magma

Edited by General Magma

Superb entry, ADHO15! ) :thumbup:

Such attention to details! And a very cosy atmosphere in the house. Not to mention some very funny little scenes you've made! :laugh:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

ya, expanded universe knowledge. I was hoping you included the Solo children when I saw your title.

I like it overall, but that reddish orange chair is my favorite.

Nicely done! Very clean build and looks like a futuristic living space.

I was a little disappointed when I read the title because my entry is also about the Solos! They are significantly different though so hopefully there won't be any more Solo family entries!

Very nice entry ADHO! I love the cozy homey feel of the whole build. Lovely details and the fun scenes the Solo family are enjoying. Best of luck in the contest! :thumbup:

Hello!

Pretty nice living quarters. :classic: However, I am missing C-3PO. He is always great for having fun with. Maybe you can add him somwhere with hands in the air, hysterically complaining that no one is tidying up and the house owner uses weapons in te kitchen. :wink:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Great entry!

It's very funy, and the detail is great too! The best bit is Chewie not being toilet-trained. :laugh:

Good luck buddy! :thumbup:

I cracked up when I saw Han's source of anger. :laugh: So simple, but so funny.

Haha, great entry! :thumbup:

Never thought a 210+ years old Wookiee would still crap on the floor. :grin:

Good luck in the contest.

:laugh: Thank you very much, Magma!

Superb entry, ADHO15! ) :thumbup:

Such attention to details! And a very cosy atmosphere in the house. Not to mention some very funny little scenes you've made! :laugh:

Thank you, my friend! I tried to include lots of little bits to make it look like a busy place.

ya, expanded universe knowledge. I was hoping you included the Solo children when I saw your title.

I like it overall, but that reddish orange chair is my favorite.

Glad you like it, Big Cam. :classic:

:laugh:

Excellent entry ADHO! :thumbup:

The rooms are nicely done, very star warsy, and smooth. :wub:

Good luck!

Thanks a lot, Fox! I tried to make it very clean and smooth, and incorporate those sloped corners somehow.

Very funny! It reminds me of a sitcom :thumbup:

:tongue: I suppose it does. I'd watch that!

Nicely done! Very clean build and looks like a futuristic living space.

I was a little disappointed when I read the title because my entry is also about the Solos! They are significantly different though so hopefully there won't be any more Solo family entries!

Thanks, Mos_Eisley! I'm glad there's a bit of difference, otherwise I'd have no chance! :grin:

Very nice entry ADHO! I love the cozy homey feel of the whole build. Lovely details and the fun scenes the Solo family are enjoying. Best of luck in the contest! :thumbup:

Thank you, KDM! Good luck to you too!

Hello!

Pretty nice living quarters. :classic: However, I am missing C-3PO. He is always great for having fun with. Maybe you can add him somwhere with hands in the air, hysterically complaining that no one is tidying up and the house owner uses weapons in te kitchen. :wink:

Thanks, Legostein! I wasn't sure if there'd be room for him too, but I'll certainly add him in next time I have access to the model! :wink:

Great entry!

It's very funy, and the detail is great too! The best bit is Chewie not being toilet-trained. :laugh:

Good luck buddy! :thumbup:

Ta, friend! :sweet:

I cracked up when I saw Han's source of anger. :laugh: So simple, but so funny.

Thanks, CallMePie! I'm glad it amused you!

That's very clean ADHO15! Your use of the stickered parts is very nice. :thumbup:

Thank you, Masked! I had them in mind from the beginning to use as pictures on the walls. :thumbup:

I took Legostein's advice and edited a picture, including C-3PO. :classic:

I'm aware that the pictures are terrible. I used a camera instead of my phone and it seems the quality is worse. :sceptic:

I'll ask Father Christmas for one!

Edited by ADHO15