Shadows

Village of the Bloody Damned!: Sign-Up

votbd_title.jpg

Welcome to the Village of the Bloody Damned. At least that's what the sign said on the road to town. "Hardly seems like a friendly name," quipped the bus driver, but his 5 passengers were sleeping in the back and didn't notice. "I can't imagine why anyone would want to come to this desolate place, but as long as I'm out of here before dark, I don't much care. I guess it might be hard to say which is weirder, my passengers or this town, anyway." With that, he slammed on the brakes in front of an old inn. The sign on the inn read "Raven's Retreat" and depicted a rather eerie looking raven sitting atop a skull. "Just gets better and better. All right, you lot, time to get off, you're here!"

The passengers, a rock group named "The Screaming Zombies", had been awakened by the sudden stop and were looking out the windows in awe. "All right, this looks fantastic!" "Yeah! Rock on!" "I need to pee." "Get off, maggot, ain't you got no manners?" "Shut up, you!" They were a lively bunch of weirdos, at least for now.

After departing the bus and taking their luggage from the side storage, the group headed into the inn. The driver, true to his intent, drove off as quickly as possible. "Eh, what's his deal?" "I dunno, probably had to get to his ballet lessons." "Yeah, haha, ballet."

Much to their surprise, they discovered someone even stranger looking than them at the front desk. "Welcome, curious friends" he groaned. Giving them their room key, he rang a rather large bell, summoning an even stranger looking bellman to take them to their rooms. "Come, this way. Look alive and stay together, I'd hate to lose you ... so soon," he chuckled. "There's a party in your honour, and she'll just die if we're late." The group looked at each other with growing confusion. "She? A party? Killer!" "Yes, that's the idea," replied the bellman, "I'm sure you'll have a frightfully good time."

As the bellman left the group in their rooms, they met at their doors to comment on the whole situation. "Look, this place is even weirder than I expected, and I expected a lot, given the local stories." "What local stories?" "Oh, the usual, zombies and vampires and the spirit of Anubis unleashed from some ancient Egyptian relics." "Right, that stuff I'm used to, but these people are genuinely weird." "Of course they are, they invited us here!" "True..."

Later that night, after a particularly filling meal at the local pub, the group slowly walked back to the inn. Everywhere they turned, they saw weirder and weirder 'people', if you could call them that. "This place is bizarre, and I don't even think they like us, why did they invite us?" As they reached their rooms, each one found a note warning them that the locals were dangerous and had only invited them there to kill them. "Kill us? Everyone's a critic!" "What do we do?" "I know! Let's dig through our stage makeup and disguise ourselves as freaks, just like the locals. They won't know who to kill and maybe we can eventually escape!" "That's a great idea!" And that's what they did. The 5 bandmates disguised themselves as locals and headed back out into the night to try to mix in without being detected.

They had no idea what madness awaited them as the clock struck midnight, and neither do you.

If you wish to join this madness yourself, post your intention to play in this topic. Include a short biography of your spooky character. Remember, whether you're a local or part of the band, you'll need to make everyone believe that you're a local, so act and try to look like one. Extra points will be given to those of you who make the effort to look the part (change your avatar) and those of you who write some kind of creative backstory for yourself.

At any given moment, the sign-up may end, so make it quick or you just might miss out. Once sign-up is over, you will receive notification of your alignment (town or member of the band) and your specific available actions for that night. They will not all be the same, nor will they be the same from night to night.

THE GAME

Each day will last 24 real hours. For 20 hours, you may discuss things in the daily discussion topic and send in your night actions. At the end of that time, I'll calculate just what you've done and post the results in time for the start of the next day. This will be occurring in real time and failing to use your actions might be very bad for your health. Don't sign up if you can't work with this schedule, participate in the daily discussions, and most of all, have fun.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Ehm, sure, sounds like fun mayhem.

One question: when do I sleep? In other words: it needs to fit into my daily routine and time zone differences may cause some problems. For example, if the time for sending in night actions coincides with my real night, it will be slightly problematic. :wink:

One question: when do I sleep? In other words: it needs to fit into my daily routine and time zone differences may cause some problems. For example, if the time for sending in night actions coincides with my real night, it will be slightly problematic. :wink:

Sleep is for the weak, do you want me to tuck you in with a blankey and your plushie dragon, too? :wink:

Night actions may be sent in at any time in the day cycle. If you sleep more than that, tough. :tongue:

Sleep is for the weak, do you want me to tuck you in with a blankey and your plushie dragon, too? :wink:

Yes, uncle Shadows :devil:

Night actions may be sent in at any time in the day cycle.

Alright, no problem in that case I guess

vbd_medium.png

(character created with Mini-Mizer)

My name is Ricky Brickardo and I've been the chief of the town's arsonists fire brigade ever since I was mortally injured on a dystopian island far far away from this place. Word is that there are some very 'lively' characters causing havoc in our otherwise deadly town. Now, I believe we were slightly mislead by the band's agent, Count von Shadows. We certainly expected something more serene than the eardrum-shattering sounds they tend to produce. Now that they know of the existence of this town, I'm afraid we can't let them leave again. So, people of this town, bring out your pitchforks and gather some dry wood, I'm sure we'll need some crispy hot fires in the coming days.

You've heard of the Witch Doctor? No, that's my bloody cousin, always getting all the recognition. :hmpf_bad: Er, well I am the Witch Professor!

witch_doctor_2.png

I tried to get through Medical school, but it proved too difficult. But I started teaching at the local preschool, I think that qualified me to be a professor. Unfortunetly some... circumstances... involving young children and cauldron, caused me to move. I moved hear several years ago, in order to obtain more potion ingredience from the local cemertary, and try again to create the most powerful potion of all time! :devil:

:oh: I- I mean- I'm hear... studying the local legends. Yeah that'll work. Yeah studying. :sceptic:

Sounds spooky! I'm in! :sweet:

Hello, dears.

hc.jpg

My name is Ada Holland. I'm the village apothecary and midwife. My husband, the doctor, and I have lived here together all our lives, although my mother had him three years before she had me.

I love our quaint little village and don't care for no rock stars disturbing the peace.

If you ever have any need for ointments or potions, just pop down to our house on the main road. We'll sort you right out!

See you soon. :devil:

Edited by ADHO15

Yes Please. I would really like to play this. Hopefully no genocide this time

Hail to everybody, I am Bur Manny. I have lived in this town all of my life and have got to know everybody really well. If you want some bottles of Perfume or even some smelling salts possibly you want some fresh good? Then come to me, yar. I will be happy to see you at any time of the day. If ye want a talk over a Bottle of something then don't be hesitant.

5121516908_d15f0543ee.jpg

Edited by Burman

Im in!

002_-_copy.jpg

Good day Heathens, I am Father Ronald, the local priest. I came to this village after my local church banished me some years ago, and I would hate it to be influenced by these blaspheming rock stars! If you are ever in need of remission for your sins, come see me, the doors to the chapel are always open. :devil:

Edited by Admiral Ron

I wish to play, good sire.

ava-legohalloween.jpg

Me name is Cassandra, and me fam'ly moved 'ere from the misty moors of Scotland in the ages past. When I was but a wee lass, me face was eaten by a rabid 'edge'og, and I've been livin' be'ind this mask ever since, if ye was wondering what it's all about. I enjoy some gothic music and nocturnal gravestone kickings, so I consider meself quite 'armless compared to some of the other folks that live down 'ere, good sire, but if ye bring a 'edge'og anywhere near me, ye'll be sorry fer it fer the rest of yer greatly shorten'd life!

O', and if ye're wonderin' 'bout the pumpkin, 'e's me cousin, Wilbur. You can just ignore 'im, really.

master.jpg

They call me The Master. That man over there is my assistant, Torgo. Say hello, Torgo.

torgo.jpg

Hello, Torgo.

both.jpg

Good help is so hard to find these days. Together Torgo and I will awaken the great god MANOS, and he shall wreak destruction upon all of you helpless non-believers. Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha! Ha.

Question: For those of us still embroiled in Eurodina, is it alright that the new avatar go in our sigs?

Oh, and I'm interested. In case you couldn't tell.

Sure, I'd love to be in. Hmm... I guess Alan wake might come back or i'll need a more creative name...

Yeah my name will be John MacTavish. A picture will be up shortly.

Mactavish the feared, diabolic, scottish alien. (Ok I know aliens don't come from scotland but he landed there.) The sun hurts him just as he will you.

Edited by brickme

votbd_quinn_dexter.jpg

Greetingss, the sausage maker Quinn Dexter would like to join this little charade. I live right here in this lovely town, making fine saussagess from the finesst humanchicken meat, yess, chicken, that'ss what it iss. :pirate_skel1:

Hiyo! Me be Tommy Da Feckin Idiot! :laugh::wacko::thumbup::sceptic:

idiotbig.jpg

Me thinking not be so great, so the good peoples of this here village did let me be the official village idiot. It's a good job. Me sits on the wall, and let the people of this here village point and laugh, and the kids sometimes throw old vegetables to at me :wacko::grin::sing:*huh* And me likes shiny things, and me likes round things, and me likes other things too. Me can count very high now. :angry::blush::yoda::thumbdown:

Salutations, I'm Folio Dewey, town librarian. Not that anyone comes to the library in this town... or that I want them too. The books are mine, I tell you, mine! Shhh! Now get out!

5116589070_4d26694f86_m.jpg

Edited by CorneliusMurdock

I would love to play! :wink:

*speaking in a low, croaky voice* Good afternoon my friends, I am John Hex.

[picture coming soon]

I am the peace keeper of this town.*cough* Don't let me catch you messing around, it's not worth ruining your life...:devil:

Do not be afraid to pop down to me if you have any security issues or reports of acts of violence (don't let those bodies outside put you off!). *deep croaky breathe* I am always here to help...

Oh, a side note, *eh em* excuse me, er, feel free to play with my pets. The snake is Mindy, the black dog is Cuddles, and the owl is Jimmy. They are so sweet when you get to know them.

Edited by The crazy one

Some of you people are seriously cracking me up here. :laugh:

Question: For those of us still embroiled in Eurodina, is it alright that the new avatar go in our sigs?

This game will probably be over before day 5 of Eurogina shows up, so you could just put this one in your avatar and the other in your sig (but it's fine either way). :laugh:

I'd like to play...

My name is Eyegore; I occasionally help out the local undertaker with coffin relocation and landmark placements services (grave digging and tombstone installation). The rest of the time I earn my keep emptying cups and glasses people have left on the tables at the tavern (when they're not looking).

I've lived on the outskirts of the village for... uh... well, my memory isn't what it used to be... couple of years at least. I think. It's a nice place - I even have my own outhouse (that I only need to share with five others).

Just doin' ma job... wait... I'm supposed to put 'em in?

5116668548_52b6fcf189.jpg

What's that? Behind my back?

... oh... uh... it gets a might bit dangerous round these parts sometimes...

5116310789_d4b537987f.jpg

BTW, Eyegore is a nickname I got based on my favorite food...

Edited by fred67

I would like to play!

Hello, I am Tim Burnest.

I was a docter, but I got to old for that job. I work at the bookstore now. :classic: I love this time of the year because, I can k...... Who wants cake!!! :wacko: I was born in kikaos, a 10 mile town in paraguay... CAKE!!! Now where are those grand sons of mine? :wacko: Then I moved here.... great town I guess... Um... 80% off!!! :wacko:

Wmanidi [avie coming soon]

Edited by wmanidi

You may call me Jigsaw. I'd like to play a game.

No seriously, I would like to play this game. default_satisfied.gif

av-2436.jpg

Like I said, I am Jigsaw (my friends call me Jig the Butcher) and I was made at the tailor shop down the street. I like to play games involving killing people who do not appreciate life with complex machines for my own amusement. My hobbies include terrorizing innocent souls and riding my tricycle.

And that's about it. We'd better hunt these rowdy band members down before... well I don't actually know what will happen if we don't but we probably should just in case.

Yes, the moment I've all been waiting for! The Halloween mafia game!I'll certainly make a character, but haven't the time this second for I must retire for the evening and my fist attempt (not shown) was quite rude to lawyers.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Interest! I'll update my avatar (or sig) later.

My name is Amy Leeds. Don't like it? Don't care. What are my hobbies you ask? Telling people to shut the crap up and mind their own business. That's why I moved away from Arkansas... They weren't ready for me. Always asking stupid questions... Not to mention the dead dog catcher... Idiot. Always trying to take my pit bull away. That ice pick to the face sure showed him though... Not that that was me or anything! He tripped :devil: .

Whatever. Any more retarded questions? My favorite bands are Apocalyptica, Cradle of Filth, and Dead Ice Pick In Face Dog Catcher Guy Acapella Group.

Yeah, I went there.

Some of you people are seriously cracking me up here. :laugh:

Great idea to let people come up with their own characters. Make it all the more messed up than it will probably already be.

This game will probably be over before day 5 of Eurogina shows up, so you could just put this one in your avatar and the other in your sig (but it's fine either way). :laugh:

I'm quite positive there will be a little more bloodshed in this one...

Was that a shot? I think that was a shot. Does anyone else think so?

At any rate, my avatar has changed. :grin: Now when does the bloodshed begin!?! :devil:

Was that a shot? I think that was a shot. Does anyone else think so?

Not sure, but I'm still trying to figure out what Eurogina is :laugh: