efferman

8043 motorized Excavator modifications

My 8043 was meanwhile complete, and some things are not really satisfying for me. The first thing iam spend my time is the undercarriage. In short words i have only hidden the transmission.

104_7937.jpg_thumb.jpg 104_7939.jpg_thumb.jpg 104_7941.jpg_thumb.jpg

Modifications of the uppercarriage, the Gooseneck boom, the stick and the Bucket will come from time to time.

Thanks, that was my intention. But the function is a little bit improved too. I have stretched the Trackbase 1,5 studs and added 2 grey rollers. now it is a little bit let bouncing when driving.

I hope when i am ready with my modifications, it works nearly proper like your great version

The uppercarriage is ready now. I am using a normal Battery Box, so i must modified the complete structure.

104_7952.jpg_thumb.jpg

the transmission of the XL is during the Building progress variable. 1:1,677, 1:1 and 1,677:1 is free to use if more power or more speed is wanted. with the 1:1,677 i could lift 8 AA and 8 AAA Batteries at the same time at the end of the stick.

104_7963.jpg_thumb.jpg

Left and Right from the XL i have the Ms for the Tracks mounted. if the uppercarriage turns both Tracks are moving at the same speed in the same direction. To have no play in the transmission through the turntable i have used one of the older differential cages.

104_7954.jpg_thumb.jpg 104_7957.jpg_thumb.jpg

If you want more pics, you can find it at my Brickshelf folder

Edit:

The gooseneckboom, the stick and the bucket are finished.

104_7973.jpg_thumb.jpg 104_7976.jpg_thumb.jpg

i have made a little Vid, with a bit Digging and moving the old boom out of the Way

Edited by efferman

About the size of the 8878 Rechargeable battery: the height is exacly 4 "bricks"-high. This is the same as 12 plates. When you put a brick under and on top of the 8878, the holes of those have a distahce of 6 studs. This picture might be helpfull:

8878.jpg

Thank you Jurgen for this information. I think it will fit good behind the Drivers Cab. In between I have pics from the Drivetrain for you.

104_7980.jpg_thumb.jpg 104_7981.jpg_thumb.jpg 104_7983.jpg_thumb.jpg 104_7987.jpg_thumb.jpg 104_7988.jpg_thumb.jpg

The last Picture shows the place for the different gear ratios. the Picture shows the ratio of the Vid in my last post. I think the next revision will have a faster Gear ratio to speeding up the gooseneck boom. The Stick LAs i will spend a XL to get a adequate Digging performance. Currently the Stick is massively underpowered.

Wow, you're not modifying the 8043, you're making your own excavator, which looks like a 8043 :thumbup: You're going much further than I did when I made my Ultimate 8043. As a matter of coincidence, I've rebuilt my 8043-mod yesterday, so I can make a parts list. And man, this model is nice. It's such a joy to play with.

As a matter of coincidence, I've rebuilt my 8043-mod yesterday, so I can make a parts list.

Great news! :classic:

Wow, you're not modifying the 8043, you're making your own excavator, which looks like a 8043 :thumbup: You're going much further than I did when I made my Ultimate 8043.

well, i have seriously thinked about to build your ultimate, but i dont have the Recheargable akku pack (i hope it comes this week) and the battery box need much space. one thing comes to the others and now is only the Hull a 8043 :devil:

Nice 8043-2 , very well made, i really like the cabin :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

how??? extra motor or with a gearbox?

Nice 8043-2 , very well made, i really like the cabin :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

how??? extra motor or with a gearbox?

Thanks, currently i have 7 motors in the uppercariage. 1 XL for the mainboom and 6 M for the cabin, the tracks, the rotating of the uppercarriage and the two functions of the Stick. the eight motor is directly on the actuators which moves the stick

Thats giong really great! What will you use the 8th function for? Tilting showel sideways?

i could me not decide between this

scrap-grabs-354869.jpg

and this

schere_3.jpg

but the 8th function is sure for the rotating of these things

thanks, it was a long fight to get enough space for it. And it has a positive side effect: The uppercarriage rotates now faster. the vid has no speed up

thanks.

ok, the smallest working Scrapclaw i could built is a little bit out of scale. so it is no option

104_7990.jpg_thumb.jpg 104_7992.jpg_thumb.jpg

more pics in the folder when it is online.

Genesis now you have your Chance

Edited by efferman

a big update

000000001.jpg_thumb.jpg 104_8006.jpg_thumb.jpg 104_8007.jpg_thumb.jpg

sorry for the bad quality. it is all a little bit quick and dirty. If gran turismo 5 gives me a bit time i will make a better Vid

Edited by efferman

a big update

000000001.jpg_thumb.jpg 104_8006.jpg_thumb.jpg 104_8007.jpg_thumb.jpg

sorry for the bad quality. it is all a little bit quick and dirty. If gran turismo 5 gives me a bit time i will make a better Vid

That is very nice concept, I see you have changed the excavator's arm pretty heavily.

Thanks,

Noam