ACPin

Clone Training Facility WIP

Part 4 added Thursday Oct 28, 2010

The fourth and final installment of the work-in-progress shows the middle bottom portion of the flag tower with NinetyNine doing mop-up duties with a couple of droids after a training exercise.

The flag tower and other structures on both sides have also been completed but will be revealed in the MOC.

5124801258_f4ca6c7256_z.jpg

Part 3 added Tuesday Oct 12, 2010

The third installment of the work-in-progress shows the center portion with the two towers on both sides. They are built on raised platforms and have snipers locations overlooking the level area.

The far side has been built with the sloped entrenchments that have to be breached in order to reach the next level. There are a couple of surprises on the grid that can only be seen if you look closely enough. :wink:

Last but not the least, the flag tower and other structures are remaining to be built.

5076102727_dcaa676c43_z.jpg

Part 2 added Wednesday Oct 6, 2010

The second installment of the work-in-progress shows the completed back side of the training facility where the Clone cadets make their entrance through a lift.

The back walls join up on the corners with the side walls and the middle part is the entrance which is elevated from the pit. The whole base exhausted the supply of the green bricks in stock as expected.

Next up will be the center with the two towers.

5058009705_303efc5d77_z.jpg

Part 1 added Thursday Sept 30, 2010

Like most big MOCs that have been done, the initial build usually comprises of a key scene as a Proof-Of-Concept. In this case, the Clone Cadets pic was the one and the tremendous response to it made me decide to proceed with the whole training facility.

Hence, this first installment of the work-in-progress shows the pit where the first pic was taken. Only the immediate area shown around the first pic was built initially and that has been expanded to both side walls.

The side walls have walkways where the next batch of cadets wait for their turn. The current footprint is comprised of six 32x32 green baseplates that covers the backside of the facility and would most likely use up all the green bricks in stock just for the base.

5040135101_df6d73e83f_z.jpg

As usual, click the pic for more details...

AC

Edited by ACPin

Ha, I knew it! When AC made that surprisingly small Clone Cadets MOC I was a bit perplexed since I'm not used to 'small' creations from AC. And here comes the bigger one, AC-style grandeur as always. Looking great so far, what I would like to see in the final product are the 'Enemy Guns' and the target lighting citadel at the other side, as well as the viewing platform of the trainers. AC, do you also plan to make the elevating floors like what we saw in the CW episode?

You'll all see how the whole MOC unravels to completion as I'll provide weekly updates on it. Estimated completion date is the week before Halloween.

Oh la la very nice! I can't wait to see the finished version!

It's going to be awhile as you can see, unless you want to pitch in and do some of it. :grin:

Excellent so far 'ACPin' - another huge AWESOME one on the way......I'm a conformist! ! :yoda:

This only shows the back portion which will be half of the finished MOC.

wow thats going to be pretty epic when is done.

Did you expect anything less?

Ha, I knew it! When AC made that surprisingly small Clone Cadets MOC I was a bit perplexed since I'm not used to 'small' creations from AC. And here comes the bigger one, AC-style grandeur as always. Looking great so far, what I would like to see in the final product are the 'Enemy Guns' and the target lighting citadel at the other side, as well as the viewing platform of the trainers. AC, do you also plan to make the elevating floors like what we saw in the CW episode?

You probably didn't read the additional description in the link as I've explained how it and most MOCs that I do start small. You'll just have to wait and see for all the details to come through as I won't give them away yet! :devil:

Now thats clever!

Looks simple enough but getting those grids matching up from wall to wall through the pit was quite an exercise. Now I only have to worry about getting them right through the corners of the back wall. :sweet:

AC

This is already looking to be a display of your usual MOCing prowess. :thumbup: I really like the techniques you've used to capture the angles of the facility floor. I've never actually seen the episode, so I'll have to assume this is accurate. :laugh: Do the soccer baseplates serve any purpose other than as fillers for the base?

hello

Very nice, but a question come to me has l spirit what is that you keep every your diorama (if it is the case which of parts you have)

bye

The techniques used are excellent, however I hate the look of it and the idea. To me the thought of clones training in such a place seems rather disastrous.

However I am sure you will pull it off and once again impress me. :thumbup:

I'm a bit new browsing the SW part of EB. After seeing your hangar base and now this, you make some insanely huge creations! This is shaping up to be a good one.

This is already looking to be a display of your usual MOCing prowess. :thumbup: I really like the techniques you've used to capture the angles of the facility floor. I've never actually seen the episode, so I'll have to assume this is accurate. :laugh: Do the soccer baseplates serve any purpose other than as fillers for the base?

Not the usual routine of showing MOCs behind the scenes but just to dispel any rumors of any alien species/robotics (ask Big Cam) that actually help out in these MOCs. :laugh: I suggest you view the episode and decide for yourself and those soccer baseplates have been used over and over again as fillers for most of my works. This would be the most that I need fillers for as the whole floor plan requires several depths up to the flag tower.

hello

Very nice, but a question come to me has l spirit what is that you keep every your diorama (if it is the case which of parts you have)

bye

If you're asking if I keep every diorama intact, that would be a no. They only stay built until I need the parts for a new one or must have the space to build it.

The techniques used are excellent, however I hate the look of it and the idea. To me the thought of clones training in such a place seems rather disastrous.

However I am sure you will pull it off and once again impress me. :thumbup:

Not my script so you'll have to complain to the writers of the CW season 3. I just got intrigued with the facility that I immediately thought about how it would look built in Lego.

I'm a bit new browsing the SW part of EB. After seeing your hangar base and now this, you make some insanely huge creations! This is shaping up to be a good one.

Welcome and you can always view previous creations from my website by clickling on my sig. Just be sure you got time to spare and don't get lost in the way. :grin:

AC

Creating awesomness is a re-occuring theme for ACPin, he makes me glad I like LEGO Star Wars.

AC, this looks amazing so far.

Creating awesomness is a re-occuring theme for ACPin, he makes me glad I like LEGO Star Wars.

AC, this looks amazing so far.

Thanks and it's time to rest my aching fingers as I've just got done with the whole backside. Will take pics tomorrow and post an update afterwards...

AC

Oh my, looking greater by the day, I simply love the walls. :wub: The 'shininess' of the walls reflects the images of the floor like a mirror, very nice effect! :thumbup:

Wow that's amazing!

The grid is spot on and the slopes look amazing.

This is still great work and you really are a MOCing master. :thumbup:

P.S. I would love to see how you make some of your pieces and the way you design such great techniques.

I still haven't seen the episode, butthere's no doubt about it, this is amazing. The many techniques you've used for the angles look really good.

It's looking a lot more promising. Great work.

Slowly but surely and more to come...

Looking good! The grid looks so nice! :thumbup:

Keep on staring at it and you might get dizzy! :laugh:

Oh my, looking greater by the day, I simply love the walls. :wub: The 'shininess' of the walls reflects the images of the floor like a mirror, very nice effect! :thumbup:

I've never noticed that until you mentioned it. :sweet:

This looks great! It looks just like the episode. :thumbup::cry_happy:

Looks like I've gotten the effect that I wanted it to reflect. :grin:

Wow that's amazing!

The grid is spot on and the slopes look amazing.

This is still great work and you really are a MOCing master. :thumbup:

P.S. I would love to see how you make some of your pieces and the way you design such great techniques.

That grid from wall to wall had to match and if you look real close, you'll notice that not everything is all square. Not showing anymore details than what you see but I'm sure some can figure out how. :devil:

I still haven't seen the episode, butthere's no doubt about it, this is amazing. The many techniques you've used for the angles look really good.

That's why the first pic was crucial as I wouldn't have proceeded with this project if I wasn't 100% sure that the grid would be convincingly accurate.

Not to say this isn't amazing but I feel it would look better in dark grey but don't let my comment make you redo the whole thing in dark grey :laugh:

Unless you plan to pitch in all the dark grey pieces, then that would be a no. I've mentioned it before that before I take on a new MOC that I make sure that I have enough bricks in supply to do it. In this case I didn't have enough of the correct color (dark gray and light gray was going to be close) so I chose to do it in black which I've got plenty of.

Fantastically huge and awesome as always AC! :wub:

Really cleverly designed!

CF

Huge doesn't mean much if it doesn't click! :wink:

AC

Fantastic MOC as always, ACPin!

All of it looks awesome, and resembles the real thing very well. So great job on that, I'm looking forward to see more of it!

Keep it coming. :thumbup:

When I saw this episode, I was wondering if anyone would ever try to make the Training Facility, and well - here it is! :laugh:

~ General Magma