Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Adventure Villains

What is your favorite of these Adventurer villains?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Villain

• Emperor
    • Wanderer
    • Emperor's Guard
    • Sam Sinister
    • Maharaja Lallu
    • Indian Palace Guard
    • Ngan Pa
    • Mr. Hates/Sly Boots
    • Achu
    • Alexis
    • Baron Von Barron
    • Mr. Cunningham
    • Mummy of Pharaoh Hotep
    • Senor Palomar
    • Rudo Villano
    • Gabarros "neutral character"
    • Other (not listed)

The Bad

Pictured are the villains, guardians, and nemesis of the Adventurer team. Choose your favorite villain and discuss why you selected the mini-fig.

As I was looking at these figs, I realized that all are very good mini-figs of the various Adventurer themes (desert, jungle, dino island, and Orient Expedition). Please note that some pictured (like Gabarros) was neutral but I included anyway as he helped both the bad guys and the good guys.

adventurevillains2.jpg

Ah. Good poll idea. :-)

Right now I think the best villain would for me would be the Wanderer Ghost, because he can be used for castle, but my all time favorite would be Sam Sinister or Baron von Baron.

I have a question though. Aren't they the same person? I always get confused because they have almost the exact same head, but they have different names. *wacko*

Baron Von Barron (pictured in the pith helmet, tan shirt, and light grey pants) is also known as SAM SANISTER, aka Lord Sam Sinister, aka Mr. Hates. He is a former general and collects precious artifacts.

He is the same character as Lord Sam Sinister in Orient Expedition but NOT Sam Sinister. The name that appears in the image as Sam Sinister should be Lord Sam Sinister (disguised as).

Mr. Hates aka Slyboots is the real Sam Sinister - please stand up, please stand up!

That is confusing. *wacko*

That is confusing.

Yeah. I think I'm more confused then before. *wacko*

So are you saying that they're all the same person? Or that two of them are the same person, but one is disguised as the other person? Or something else... *wacko*

My vote went to the pharao, he is my favoryte fig and it took me a long time to get it ! Excellent idea of poll BTW

Rudo Villano: because he is the excellent Johny Thunder's Counterpart. It reminds you of a kind of bad Thunder Twin actually....besides he's human and I fear most of living humans than mummies, skeletons, dinosaurs, etc.... :'-)

That is confusing.

Yeah. I think I'm more confused then before. *wacko*

So are you saying that they're all the same person? Or that two of them are the same person, but one is disguised as the other person? Or something else... *wacko*

The Baron and Lord Sam Sinister (named Sam Sinister in the picture) are the same person.

The real Sam Sinister though is actually Mr. Hates/Sly Boots. He is a different person. This at least is my understanding.

The real Sam Sinister does not have a hook as a hand.

The Baron and Lord Sam Sinister (named Sam Sinister in the picture) are the same person.

The real Sam Sinister though is actually Mr. Hates/Sly Boots. He is a different person. This at least is my understanding.

The real Sam Sinister does not have a hook as a hand.

Ok that makes sense. Thanks for taking the time to explain it to me. :-)

I was thinking that maybe Mr. Hates was pretending to be Baron von Baron who also goes by the name Sam Sinister, or something like that. *wacko*

Anyway, I voted for the one listed as Sam Sinister because I like his torso more then the Baron's.

I'm pretty sure Achu was a good guy, and the ghost is neutral. And if Gabarros is neutral, how is he a villain?

-l2k-

Gabarros assists both the bad guys and the good guys. I chose to list him under Villains since he has helped the bad guys. Achu is another guardian (and although I'm not positive), I considered him a creature that the "Good Guys" must do battle with. Since the Wanderer haunts the Emperor's Palace and the Adventurers may have to battle him, I considered him another villain. Some of this is subjective.

This is just me talking here, but I thought Baron Von Barron was the same as Sam Sinister just in different clothing. I've always thought that. The only difference is a Goatee. They both have a hook on the same hand, coincidence, I think not. BTW I voted for Rudo. I got him with the blimp set, which was a great set.

Rudo Villano: because he is the excellent Johny Thunder's Counterpart. It reminds you of a kind of bad Thunder Twin actually....

Keep an eye of for a story along these lines... Someday... ;-)

That is confusing. *wacko*

Actually most of the characters have at least one AKA. Seems like one for the European market and one for the US. Makes things a little hard to keep track of... I'm also working on a story to explain all the goofy name variations... Someday... ;-)

As for the topic of the thread:

Piece-wise, I'd go with either of the turbaned guys. The turban colors are perfect and the torsos are pretty nice too, and the faces are great for all themes.

As for best villain, I'd go with Baron von Barron. He just makes a perfect nemesis to JT. And he strikes me as being a somewhat honorable villain too.

I do like the mummy too, though...

Steve

He does not, only your addiction for piracy makes him look like one to your eyes

Mr_Cunningham2.jpg

I'm almost certain if this dude had a tricorn hat he'd work well as a pirate. I might create a poll for this at a later date...

Mr_Cunningham2.jpg

I'm almost certain if this dude had a tricorn hat he'd work well as a pirate. I might create a poll for this at a later date...

I use him as one and he looks great...

As to the poll:

Rudo Villano is just untouchable as a villian, after him I would go for the palace guard or Ngan Pa... That said for my own MOCing purposes the wanderer and Mr. Cunningham are the most reusable of the lot.

Great poll, God Bless,

Nathan

brickster, can you site your source for this ???

it was my understanding that LEGO never really got the names straight (each adventure having different UK names doesn't help).

but the minifig that you have labeled as "Baron von Baron" actually goes by about 5 different names. i have seen him called, Baron von Baron (desert), Evil Eye (5928), Sam Sanister (5914), and possibly Sam Sinister (orient expedition) and Mr. Hates (dino).

i don't really think LEGO thought into a "disguise" story line with the adventures. it seems to me that with each theme, the adventures got new names... which every ones they decided fit for that theme. i think Johnny Thunder is the only one who kept his name throughout all the themes.

i mean Dr. Lightning became Dr. Kilroy in the Dino theme, and for what i suspected, Baron von Baron became Lord Sam Sinister in the Orient Expedition.

as to the topic, i think Max Villano is a definite winner !!!

- brick miner

hey brickster, that site is very fun !!! thanks for sharing... but that sounds like some fan making up story to fit the name-change-game that LEGO played. doesn't sound like cold hard facts from LEGO.

i don't think any of that is offical, and someone could make up another story explaining the name change just as easy... like dr. lightning and kilroy are brothers... or something as simple as that.

in any case, thanks again !!! brickminer

I've heard this before (I think). Orient Expedition is all that I have "official" story-line from. If I find info on the character(s) elsewhere, I'll post.

Mr. Hates. He is a man of probably british origin, is mad (atleast he looks mad), are often shown running around with dynamites and for some reason he reminds me of the Tintin villain Rastapopoulos.

As a kid, I played that Mr. Hates betrayed Baron von Barron after stealing the treasure, and flew away with the biplane. However, a skeleton hiding on the plane attacked him and he crashed, he survived but was sent to prison in england. He later came across an old tome in jail given to him by a mysterious inmate, which teleported him elsewere, and begun raising dead villains in london... Johnny Thunder and Kilroy put him back in prison, and these days of horror was removed from the minds of the people thanks to the magical tome. Johhny gave it to British Museum, and claimed it to be an empty tome, so that noone would look into it.

Baron Von Barron went back to germany and prepared to steal some medieval treasures of the Wolfpack in Austria. I didnt get any further than that though... Infact, most of this stuff wasnt even played, but I did have the story in my head.

I voted for Rudo Villano because, as someone has already said:

Rudo Villano: because he is the excellent Johny Thunder's Counterpart. It reminds you of a kind of bad Thunder Twin actually....

Just look at his face -- he's the perfect LEGO villain! Not to mention his self-explanatory name! :pir-laugh: Too bad I've lost the minifig somewhere...

Anyway, it's pretty annoying how LEGO gets all the names mixed up constantly... This is what I got from LEGO Racers, and thus believe it's correct:

- Johnny Thunder is the main protagonist

- Baron von Barron is the actual name of Johnny's archnemesis, the treasure hunter with the monocle and the hook

- Sam Sinister is the guy in the black suit (exclusive to the Egyptian subtheme)

- The "Aztec" guy from the Jungle is Achu