LegoSjaak

Double PF lights for cargotrain 7939

Hi there, is it easy to place 2 sets 8870 PF lights in one loc 7393? I heard that you can put the lights on and off with the PF Remote Control. Is there enough space to just plug in 2 plugs of the PF light set in the receiver? If there is a link to a drawing of how to do this, then i would be happy. I have ordered 4 sets of light at LEGO.com for 3 of my RC trains...

Hope to hear from you !!

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Edited by LegoSjaak

Hi there, is it easy to place 2 sets 8870 PF lights in one loc 7393? I heard that you can put the lights on and off with the PF Remote Control. Is there enough space to just plug in 2 plugs of the PF light set in the receiver? If there is a link to a drawing of how to do this, then i would be happy. I have ordered 4 sets of light at LEGO.com for 3 of my RC trains...

Hope to hear from you !!

Greetz, LegoSjaak

I've done a review on the set. Maybe this helps.

I placed two lights easily in the main engine. If you have any detail questions, let me know.

I've done a review on the set. Maybe this helps.

I placed two lights easily in the main engine. If you have any detail questions, let me know.

Thanks Holodoc, i had already a kind of picture in my mind, of how it might be done, but i think that this is the way how it works. I do have a question.. With one remote control, i do now control the cargo ánd the passenger train... is it stil possible to control the cargotrains speed and the lights...and after changing the little orange channelswitch, control the passengertrains speed and lights??

I think i know the question...i should only change the switch on the PF receiver of the passengertrain... and then i can control speed and lights separately...

Okay, last question (letzte Frage) can you control with the orange wheel also the light-intensity of the PFlights??? I dislike it when the lights would be extremely bright, that it would lighten up the complete nose of the train....

Thanks for your reply again!

MfG

LegoSjaak

Thanks Holodoc, i had already a kind of picture in my mind, of how it might be done, but i think that this is the way how it works. I do have a question.. With one remote control, i do now control the cargo ánd the passenger train... is it stil possible to control the cargotrains speed and the lights...and after changing the little orange channelswitch, control the passengertrains speed and lights??

I think i know the question...i should only change the switch on the PF receiver of the passengertrain... and then i can control speed and lights separately...

Okay, last question (letzte Frage) can you control with the orange wheel also the light-intensity of the PFlights??? I dislike it when the lights would be extremely bright, that it would lighten up the complete nose of the train....

Thanks for your reply again!

MfG

LegoSjaak

You have several possibilities to control the PF lights on any train.

A) Connected to the same output as the train motor, I do this, because I have 8 PF trains with lights.

B) Connected to the other output than the train motor, so you can control the lights with the variable speed remote and set brightness to your liking and it stays on even if the train is stopped.

C) Connected directly to the PF rechargeable battery box, setting the brightness with the inbuilt switch and it's easily viewable if the train is turned on or off.

Had to use option C) on the passenger train, because there isn't enough space to add it directly to the same input as the motor.

Also for the 7939 cargo train, two plugs can be connected for each input.

If you wan't, I can make pictures of my 7939.

You have several possibilities to control the PF lights on any train.

A) Connected to the same output as the train motor, I do this, because I have 8 PF trains with lights.

B) Connected to the other output than the train motor, so you can control the lights with the variable speed remote and set brightness to your liking and it stays on even if the train is stopped.

C) Connected directly to the PF rechargeable battery box, setting the brightness with the inbuilt switch and it's easily viewable if the train is turned on or off.

Had to use option C) on the passenger train, because there isn't enough space to add it directly to the same input as the motor.

Also for the 7939 cargo train, two plugs can be connected for each input.

If you wan't, I can make pictures of my 7939.

I hope i can use option B, and i hope that i can use this option for the 7938 as well as the 7939 !!

Thanx for your reply !!!

I hope i can use option B, and i hope that i can use this option for the 7938 as well as the 7939 !!

Thanx for your reply !!!

you can use option B) on both 7938 and 7939, it looks like TLG even intendet this, but somehow forgot to include instructions for it.

7939_PF_Lights.jpg

As you see, the IR Receiver (fig. A) has enough space for a second plug, where you can connect one or two PF-lights. (I didn't go that route, that's why it's empty).

I used an extension cable instead and connected a second motor (9V) and two PF-lights to it (fig. B).

As the PF-lights have a middle section with a 2 x 2 x 2/3 brick, I just hid those underneath the engine (fig. C). It has enough space for both.

There are some other modifications visible (mostly to get the 9V motor and no derailments), just discard these, as they are not necessary for adding one or two PF-lights (Also do this on the 7938 Passenger Train to save space for cables).

you can use option B) on both 7938 and 7939, it looks like TLG even intendet this, but somehow forgot to include instructions for it.

7939_PF_Lights.jpg

As you see, the IR Receiver (fig. A) has enough space for a second plug, where you can connect one or two PF-lights. (I didn't go that route, that's why it's empty).

I used an extension cable instead and connected a second motor (9V) and two PF-lights to it (fig. B).

As the PF-lights have a middle section with a 2 x 2 x 2/3 brick, I just hid those underneath the engine (fig. C). It has enough space for both.

There are some other modifications visible (mostly to get the 9V motor and no derailments), just discard these, as they are not necessary for adding one or two PF-lights (Also do this on the 7938 Passenger Train to save space for cables).

Hopefully the PF-lights will be delivered tomorrow so i can start with connecting the lights!! Thanx again for all your instructions!!

I'll let you know when i succeed in connecting the lights!!

Greetz, LegoSjaak

7939_PF_Lights.jpg

Well, it is so easy to build in these lights....there's nothing that can go wrong..and actually there is also a lot of space left for cables and stuff. It would also be easy to put an extra motor in the cargo loc 7939....just plug in, and go..!!

Thanx for your information, and the lights look very good !!

Greetz, LegoSjaak