kris kelvin

MOC: The Rocket 1829 Anno Domini

Not only is your MOC of the Rocket great but the presentation is outstanding too.

Hello!

What a great historic setting! :classic: You filled the scene witn many authentic details. The gas latern with the clock is a realy eyecatcher, and the self-built barrel with the two pirate ship outlooks is a clever idea. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Bravo, this is a simply beautiful rendition of this train! The platform, the detail, the shaping, everything is perfect and brilliant. Good work mate, and definitely keep bricking :thumbup:

This is amazingly beautiful :cry_happy: How do I make the tender and barrel, I have tried but never got what I wanted? keep up the great work! :thumbup:

Edited by CarrollFilms

This is such a nice classic early rendition of such historical steam locomotives. :thumbup:

This is now blogged in,

See it on Classic-Town.net

There's a special feeling coming from your MOC. A feeling of an era long past. Very nice MOC! It looks awesome! I also like the mix of reddish brown and old brown tiles. The ground/platform looks more realistic that way.

Very cool,well done kris! :thumbup:

I must admit that I am mythed about how you managed to make the boiler,

but however you've done it you've managed to make a fantastic copy! :wub:

Harold

Thanks a lot guys for nice words. I`m very glad :)

WhiteFang - It`s always nice to be blogged on Classic Town :thumbup:

CarrollFilms and Harold - The boiler is made from round plates 4x4, rubbers and tiles. It`s nothing spectacular. The barrel is similar.

Beautiful MOC of such an important piece of history and that tiled boiller is just too COOL ! :grin:

Excellent job designing this one, a friend of mine has built his Rocket with a classic town feel to it using rare parts....I must ask if he'll post it.

Anyway, 'kris kelvin' another AWESOME creation from you, so I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Caught this one on Flickr yesterday, and immediately liked it. The detailing is great - I agree that the barrel-type design is very well done. And the presentation is the thing that really nails it - great scene. Overall just a fab MOC!

OK, I think I got how you did the boiler:Tank treads....

Am I right?

default_satisfied.gif

(this reminds me to post my 2-2-4)

Edited by Unitron6991

You come with an amazing MOC again, Kris. It is a faithful rendition of the famous piece in the history of steam engines.

I admire how easily and how well you are able to switch the themes of your MOCs: pirates, castles, WWII, western, city .... I always look forward to your new creations.