Sign in to follow this  
XimenaPaulina

Razor Squadron

gallery_101_23_281.gif

4985265733_649e5003e7_z.jpg

Razor Squadron was one of the Elite Galactic Republic squadrons that was active during the Clone Wars, and typically flew customized Aggressive ReConnaissance-170 starfighters on special ops missions from Coruscant to Nelvaan and Cato Neimoidia. The squadron is the composed of specially trained attack and recon vessel clone trooper pilots, equally skilled clone commandos, and on-board specialized astromech droids to handle in-flight operations.

This project was inspired when I saw one of these in a local TRU store. Since the parts for my other MOC are taking forever to arrive, I decided to present this one instead. This is part of my MOD series following my J.A.G. and ARC Gunship. This is my modified version of the 8088 ARC-170 Starfighter, the specific modifications will be highlighted by the comparison photos that will follow. There are two revisions that I made, one in the regular ARC-170 dark red color scheme, and the other in the dark blue Razor Squadron custom color.

Flight and attack modes:

4985266137_0d47daf8cc_z.jpg

Overview:

4985266629_ae0d54f1aa_z.jpg

Rear views:

4985866698_d7d607c29d_z.jpg

Cockpit views:

4985869470_a332a5bdfd_z.jpg

Other views:

4985867966_ca9d2cab16_z.jpg

4985869824_d9c5674878_z.jpg

The Razor Squadron Crew:

4985270495_e609715c41_z.jpg

Left: 8088 ARC-170 crew: Co-pilot, Captain Jag, and R4-P44

Right: The Razor Squadron Crew: Two ARC pilots, ARC Clone Gunner, and R4-C7.

The reference Razor Squadron Crew (Hasbro Battlepack):

4985870452_3c03d94c61_z.jpg

The Modifications:

4985267289_2381c57163_z.jpg

The official 8088 ARC-170 Starfighter (L) and my modified version ®

4985266961_6d7ac9b40b_z.jpg

The shape of the nose was modified for a smoother finish, as well as the front engine thrusters.

4985268683_1f17851cc1_z.jpg

4985268949_4195c6c2e8_z.jpg

Modified interiors in the front, middle, and rear cockpits.

4985868680_e7f5111cab_z.jpg

Slight modifications on the rear part, including the rear guns.

4985868300_13a2f2e027_z.jpg

Removed the flick-fires missiles and increased the height of the lower part of the fighter.

Some Reference Photos:

4985270801_1ecbcafb7d_z.jpg

Parting Shot:

Together with Big Brother ARC Gunship:

4985870128_fe4d1de4af_z.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a way of giving back to my fellow Eurobrickers (and just for the fun of it default_classic.gif), I'll be running a mini-trivia contest in my MOCs/MODs, starting with this one.

Question: How many specific unique parts in this Razor Squadron ARC-170 Starfighter MOC are not available in standard lego colors? (Clue: They are limited in these colors: red, dark blue, white, and black)

Just post your answers at the end of your comments. The first one to get the right answer, or the closest one, will win a special lego prize from me. (It's just a small token of appreciation, so don't expect big prizes yet, let's start small. default_tong.gif) This mini-contest shall run for 2 weeks until I pick the winner. default_classic.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for viewing! C&C’s fire away!

AWESOME MOD's 'KielDaMan' - your Razor Squadron looks fr better than any ARC-170 Lego has brought out ! :grin:

Dam, cool work and detailling a plenty.....someone has been busy with their printer eh ? :wink:

I'm a conformist! 'KielDaMan' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

That is really very, very good! The dark-blue works perfect with that design.

The only downside is the sticker. It is not so red as I would have wanted it to be (Lego-red).

But apart from that, AWESOME!

AWESOME MOD's 'KielDaMan' - your Razor Squadron looks fr better than any ARC-170 Lego has brought out ! default_laugh2.gif

Dam, cool work and detailling a plenty.....someone has been busy with their printer eh ? default_blink.gif

I'm a conformist! 'KielDaMan' I'm a conformist! ! default_satisfied.gif

Thanks lightningtiger! All those dreaded decals are actually hand-cut-out painted sticker paper and not printed from the printer. I really had a hard time putting all those stickers. default_hmpfbad.gif But anyway, anything to capture the right look. default_classic.gif

Very nice modification and great job on the customisation work. :thumbup:

The new modified Arc-170 looks taunting and is ready to take down the enemies anytime.

That is really very, very good! The dark-blue works perfect with that design.

The only downside is the sticker. It is not so red as I would have wanted it to be (Lego-red).

But apart from that, AWESOME!

My printer, unfortunately, has failed me and thus, the pale red colored noseart. So I resorted to cut out stickers yet again to put up the noseart. I will try to fix that problem. Anyways, I'm glad you still liked it! default_classic.gif

Oh I do like it still, and thanks for explaining the faded colour.

The set is awesome in it self, it just gets down a notch with a strong detail like that.

Would sincerly love to see a updated version of this.

Very nice modification and great job on the customisation work. pirate_thumbup.gif

The new modified Arc-170 looks taunting and is ready to take down the enemies anytime.

Thanks WhiteFang! Your description of the ARC-170 suits very well the pilots of the Razor Squadron, as they were know to fly more aggressively compared to other standard clone ARC pilot counterpart. As Wookieepedia describes them:

"As an elite surgical strike and recon force using advanced hit-and-run tactics against large enemy targets and facilities, Razor Squadron's focus was more on delivering greater and more intense fire-power and less on strengthening defensive systems."

Another stunning rendition Kiel! Well done! :sweet:

You really have the eye for customising your SW collection! The decal work is very impressive, and your boldness in customising figures really pays off! I was considering getting this fighter from the Hasbro line when I collected the figures, but this LEGO one is ten times better. :thumbup:

Can't wait to see what else you make! Any spoilers/hints? :wink:

Edited by Jammiedodger714

Wow! As usual, great decals, and I also love the subtle, yet effective mods. BTW, I also really like those custom figs! :thumbup:

Great job! You're really are parts customizer, arntcha? :devil: Your MOCs look a lot more badass than the standard ones. :thumbup:

Here are the painted parts:

CTT Wheel parts (dark blue)

parts that go in the CTT wheels (black)

The parts that go on the ends of the guns (red)

Astromech droid bady and legs (dark blue)

And I don't know what the white part is, but I think you painted this part but it's actually available in white.

Lookin good! Keep up the awesome work with these. :thumbup:

Thanks. I will try to come up with new stuff to present to you guys. :classic:

hello

I like the made work.

It would be possible to have images of the sticker.

Thank you in advance

bye

Unfortunately, the tiger stripe stickers aren't softcopy images but just hand-cut dark blue sticker papers. I will try to post the rancor noseart sometime later. I'm glad you like it.

I like the the stickers and the customization (what happened to razor squadren?) :vader:

Thanks. I never knew what happened to Razor Squadron after the Clone Wars, probably they were assimilated to the Empire?

(hey omega 8 why don't you speak?) :vader:

:wacko:

Great job! You're really are parts customizer, arntcha? :devil: Your MOCs look a lot more badass than the standard ones. :thumbup:

Here are the painted parts:

CTT Wheel parts (dark blue)

parts that go in the CTT wheels (black)

The parts that go on the ends of the guns (red)

Astromech droid bady and legs (dark blue)

And I don't know what the white part is, but I think you painted this part but it's actually available in white.

Thanks TGWTB! Yeah, it seems like I've becoming the unofficial parts customizer with my recent (if not most) of my MOCs/MODs.

From the looks of it, I think you have a 100% chance of winning, since you're the only contestant so far! :laugh:

Thanks. I never knew what happened to Razor Squadron after the Clone Wars, probably they were assimilated to the Empire?

:wacko:

It's the Empire. Either they joined the Empire :vader: , were killed off by the Empire :devil: , or became fire fighters and mechanics like most of the Fett Clones.

KDM, I think you missed my first post. :wink:

Sorry, replying to a lot of comments. I already replied above. :wink:

Nice job on the recoloring. Looks really professional. :thumbup:

Thanks Doc. Always a pleasure hearing from you.

Wow! As usual, great decals, and I also love the subtle, yet effective mods. BTW, I also really like those custom figs! :thumbup:

Thanks prateek! Yeah, the mods are quite unnoticeable especially on the dark red version, I just had to do it to improve TLG's version as always the case. Glad you like the custom figs, sadly I had to sacrifice the standard ARC pilots for the Razor Squadron aces.

Thanks TGWTB! Yeah, it seems like I've becoming the unofficial parts customizer with my recent (if not most) of my MOCs/MODs.

From the looks of it, I think you have a 100% chance of winning, since you're the only contestant so far! :laugh:

By saying that do you mean I'm not totally right? :devil: