Sign in to follow this  
Cedric the Brick

MOC Galladorn Castle

indexed.gif

Hi!

This time, I decided to build MOC on Castle theme. I started in February 2010 and finished few days ago, in August.

I wanted to build smallest castle, but then it turned into much bigger, than I thought first. There was used around 20,000 bricks, 240 hours of work and creation includes allmost 100 minifigs. Castle is builded modular for easy to look inside. It will be probably shown at our Brickshow, KockeFest 5 in October, this year.

Pics:

001__galladorn_castle.jpg

All buildings have fully and functional interior. Exception is windmill. Instead it has Power function (with remote control)elements. The wheel actually rotates. Portcullis also goes up and down (not PF).

For more pics, check this BS folder (public):

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=442889

Hope you liked the review

Edited by I Scream Clone

Wow! That's pretty awesome. I love the hay roof for the stable, and the windmill is no doubt the best part. I also love how you incorporated a secret entrance/escape inside the castle :thumbup:

Incredibly well done indeed! I love all the detail you've put into this, and the obvious amount of thought given to the design, the modularity, the function of the rooms, just about everything is perfect, well done and truly keep bricking! :thumbup:

This is very well built. Lots going on with many details. I like the fact you've added a interior. Overall, a great castle! Keep up the good work :thumbup:

AWESOME 'Cedric the Brick' just simply AWESOME ! :grin:

My favorite part is simply the excellently detailed interior and secret passageways - so cool indeed !

Excellent work and I'm a conformist! 'Cedric the Brick' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Beautiful MOC!

Colors are great!

I like the interior and secret rooms, although I cannot see all the pictures from BS yet.

Size of this MOC is great!

Incredible work! Everything is just perfect. This is one of the best things made from Lego I have ever seen. *oh2*

E.P.I.C.

Tell me, how many of those 7 months were taken up by TAKING PHOTOS?? 6.5? Haha. Excellent castle, the detail just goes on and on forever - level upon level... and the exterior is brilliant too. All it's missing is defensive weapons.

Stunning-- your castle is SO entertaining! Just flipping through the gallery is like watching a little movie, as so many facets of it tell all of these great little stories. Well done!

Shame on me for not noticing this wonderful castle earlier! What an excellent huge castle it is! :thumbup:

The windmill is very nice, but this castle has really the 'castle look'. Looks like it would survive some harsh sieges!

Very nice job on this, hoping to see more from you sometime!