Sign in to follow this  
Diidy

MOC: Monastic

I find the white and black tile work on the floor to be reminiscent of the yin and yang philosophy of daoism, which is great, though I'm unsure which faith, if any particular, you intend to represent with the monk. The photo editing is also well done - one of my personal weak spots.

The 1x1 "cheese" slope tessellations are good, though you seem to be afflicted by a gap of one half-plate. You can avoid this by building a frame for your window or mosiac with any of several combinations of headlight bricks or brackets.

Also, add a hyperlink to your flickr gallery! This is a useful asset to other flickr users. Cheers.

Excellent vig 'Diidy' nice floor and a very peaceful scene.....that guy is at one with himself !

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Nice little creation Diidy! I like they way you've used cheese slopes to create the window and rug, and the telescope is a cool detail.

I very much like how you did the stain glass and how you made his legs so that they look like he is in the lotus. Well done. :classic:

Excellent work, Diidy. :thumbup: The cheese-slope mosaics are pure, sugary eye-candy and the other details in the room are awesome too. One thing: can you explain what the white jar-thing is? I'm not sure what it is.

Otherwise, fabulous work!

Excellent work, Diidy. :thumbup: The cheese-slope mosaics are pure, sugary eye-candy and the other details in the room are awesome too. One thing: can you explain what the white jar-thing is? I'm not sure what it is.

Otherwise, fabulous work!

A candle?

Thanks, for all your comments.

One thing: can you explain what the white jar-thing is? I'm not sure what it is.

Yes it´s a candle.

:classic:

Edited by Diidy

A really nice Vignette. I like the window and telescope design and the floating chap is done quite well. I think oo7 is on to something with a headlight framework to fix the 1/2 stud gap as well.