Sign in to follow this  
XimenaPaulina

ARC Gunship

gallery_101_23_281.gif

4900023875_d1033c837c_z.jpg

This project is the second installment of my RGS MOC series. I have seen various ARC Gunship MOCs but I have yet to see the perfect brickbuilt version based on overall accuracy to the real ARC Gunship. There are pretty good ones out there but they have various accuracy issues like wrong colors used (dark blue/dark red combo), overly-done details (real rancor teeth design, additional unnecessary weapons), and even lack of necessary details. This is my modest attempt to hopefully provide the most realistic brick version of the famous ARC Gunship. Based mostly on my previous mods to the official TLG RGS, I have added several other modifications to approximate the overall look of the real ARC Gunship.

4900614886_2e1eb51295_z.jpg

(1) First and foremost, the obvious change in color scheme – sporting majorly blue-colored body and red front nose, replacing the dark red-lime green combo of the regular RGS).

(2) Custom ‘Rancor noseart’ characteristic of the ARC Gunship

(3) Open middle compartment, with the distinct ‘arched opening’ also seen in earlier versions of the LAAT/i

4900615598_a0707d1388_z.jpg

(4) Blue Rancor/Tiger body stripes

(5) White stripes in the blue wings

4900024117_36520ba2d6_z.jpg

(6) Slight modification on the design and color of the rocket missile launcher

(7) Added spot lights near the top of the wings

4900616078_94055cab47_z.jpg

(8) Front hatch opens showing a medical bay inside (pictured are injured Jedis Aayla Secura and Shaak Ti as seen in the Clone Wars cartoon series)

(9) Single sliding door of the troop bay (compared to two in the regular RGS)

4900024559_152d56e36b_z.jpg

(10) Special ‘guest’ pilot Hawk (substitute for the ARC pilot)

(11) Unmanned automatic wing turret

Other Views

4900616470_13b42af9c4_z.jpg

4900616728_cdc48f71e2_z.jpg

What’s the use of the ARC Gunship without the famed ARC troopers right?

Here comes Captain Fordo and the rest of the elite ARC Troopers...

4900616996_b34370ff17_z.jpg

4900617460_2f12915346_z.jpg

To see more of the ARC Troopers, visit the Minifig Customisation Workshop for a more indepth look at these custom clone troopers.

Reference Pics

4900025735_681405bbcd_z.jpg

C&C's are welcome. default_classic.gif

Keil you have done it again sir. This is a very accurate representation IMHO. The ARC troopers look great and very much like the characters in the first series. The med bay is great as is the rancor sticker (another of yours I would wager). I remember watching this portion of the cartoon and falling in love with this ship and the ARC's. Thanks for your contribution to the Star Wars I want to see in Lego!

Your MOCing and MODing skills are truly impressive! Fantastic work Kiel! :sweet:

I like how you stuck to the basic TLG RGS design and only applied the mouth decal on the side panels. The detail and custom troops are super, as usual.

Do you have two Republic Gunships? If so, it would be great to see them both together! :classic:

hey i wonder if you can make it look bad or ugly cause it is the exact opposite! its amazing but how do you aford to make all these rgs mocs and also at the end can you get a pic of them all and all the crew pls?

Drop dead AWESOME 'KielDaMan' - fantastic custom figs too ! :grin:

Great decals on the gunship - dam AWESOME and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Hole Gunships, Batman! This is awesome! I love the decals, and the medical bay is a nice touch too. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Any chance to get a side by side with your JAG?

A fantastic job of one of my favourite Star Wars ships. The Decal work is awesome and the custom troops very cool to. :thumbup:

Ooh, nice. Did you recolor the J.A.G., or is this a separate model?

By the way, I don't think I've ever seen those ball-&-socket pieces in dark red...

So...

When can we expect the Geonosis one?

Awesome Moc!

The color scheme is impressive, this puts the original set to shame! The blue is the best part of this, it really completes the look. Excellent decals as well! I love the troops too.

Great Work!

Sirius

Edited by Sirius Black

so cool if this was a poll a would rate it 1000000000000000000000000000000000000/10 speechless and in the ref pics the top one has a blue line what is it

Edited by Brick

I can't find anything inaccurate so I guess you did a wonderful job.

Wow, You're bursting with enthusiasm about this moc :wink: :wink: .

Sorry to tease, but i couldn't resist

Siriusly though, it is a good moc :wink:

Sirus

Keil you have done it again sir. This is a very accurate representation IMHO. The ARC troopers look great and very much like the characters in the first series. The med bay is great as is the rancor sticker (another of yours I would wager). I remember watching this portion of the cartoon and falling in love with this ship and the ARC's. Thanks for your contribution to the Star Wars I want to see in Lego!

I also fell in love with this ship the first time I saw it in the cartoon series, simply because it's a 'badass' version of my most favorite SW ship, the RGS. The Rancor sticker is not my design, I just cropped it out of a photo of the ARC Gunship and put it in a white background (my limited time and graphics skills made me do that). Thanks for the kind words Smack and I will continue contributing to the SW forum to the best of my abilities. default_classic.gif

Your MOCing and MODing skills are truly impressive! Fantastic work Kiel! default_satisfied.gif

I like how you stuck to the basic TLG RGS design and only applied the mouth decal on the side panels. The detail and custom troops are super, as usual.

Do you have two Republic Gunships? If so, it would be great to see them both together! default_classic.gif

Thanks JD! Unfortunately, I don't have two RGSs, this is just my modified 7676 RGS, so the JAG went out and in came the ARC Gunship. I have no plans of breaking this blue one down, so I might have to invest some more for my future RGS MOCs/MODs (Ouch! I hear my wallet hurt default_laugh2.gif). Besides. it'll be cool to have 2-3 gunships side-by-side.

Edited by KielDaMan

Some of the MOCs and MODs on this site make me wonder why TLG doesn't hire these people. This is one of them. It's perfect Kiel, absolutly perfect. Please, keep it up.

hey i wonder if you can make it look bad or ugly cause it is the exact opposite! its amazing but how do you aford to make all these rgs mocs and also at the end can you get a pic of them all and all the crew pls?

I just invested on the 7676 RGS, and made several stops at BL for the necessary additional parts for both the JAG and ARC Gunships. That's it!

And the ARC Troopers? Those are made from four Clone Walker BPs. Now I don't have any regular clone troopers in my army as they have all been 'promoted' to ARC Troopers. :laugh:

BTW, you might want to check out your spelling, capitalization and punctuation, I had to put extra effort deciphering your message. Just a friendly advice. :wink:

Drop dead AWESOME 'KielDaMan' - fantastic custom figs too ! :grin:

Great decals on the gunship - dam AWESOME and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I'm glad you like it Sir, always glad to hear from the resident 'tiger' of EB, thanks!

Edited by KielDaMan

Thats amazing cant see anything missing, looks so accurate.

Amazing job pirate_thumbup.gif

Thanks darth yogi.

Hole Gunships, Batman! This is awesome! I love the decals, and the medical bay is a nice touch too. pirate_thumbup.gifpirate_thumbup.gifpirate_thumbup.gif

Any chance to get a side by side with your JAG?

Thanks prateek, I'm glad you liked the med bay, I based it on the actual event when the ARCs rescued the injured jedis in the CW cartoon.

Sadly, I had to break down the JAG so I could build this ARC Gunship. But as I've said earlier, I will have to invest on more RGS to keep my RGS MOCs and hopefully take a photo of them together in the near future.

A fantastic job of one of my favourite Star Wars ships. The Decal work is awesome and the custom troops very cool to. pirate_thumbup.gif

Thanks Sir, I'm honored by the kind words from a respected member of EB. default_classic.gif

Edited by KielDaMan

Ooh, nice. Did you recolor the J.A.G., or is this a separate model?

By the way, I don't think I've ever seen those ball-&-socket pieces in dark red...

So...

When can we expect the Geonosis one?

This was the JAG, just recolored to make the ARC Gunship. And yes those ball & socket pieces don't come in dark red, I just repainted them. default_laugh2.gif

The Geonosis RGS will have to wait a while, I'll be taking a bit of a break from my RGS MOCs because I have some other MOCs in line.

I like the strips you did on the sides.

Thanks, at first I wasn't sure about using stickers but I had no other choice but to use them for the tiger strips. It's a good thing it turned out pretty well.

Awesome Moc!

The color scheme is impressive, this puts the original set to shame! The blue is the best part of this, it really completes the look. Excellent decals as well! I love the troops too.

Great Work!

Sirius

Thanks a lot of Sirius! I also wonder how come TLG never made an official set of the ARC Gunship. It's very doable and I'm pretty sure it will sell like hotcakes. Maybe because it will 'self-compete' with the regular RGS in terms of sales?

so cool if this was a poll a would rate it 1000000000000000000000000000000000000/10 speechless and in the ref pics the top one has a blue line what is it

Whoa, zeroes overload eh? Anyway, I'd take the exagerrated rating as a compliment. default_blink.gif

And you have eagle-eyes don't you? You noticed that small blue line in the top ref. pic, that's actually the blinking cursor that was captured when I 'Printscreened' the whole set of ref. pics.

Edited by KielDaMan

And yes those ball & socket pieces don't come in dark red, I just repainted them. default_laugh2.gif

Thought so. :grin:

Some of the MOCs and MODs on this site make me wonder why TLG doesn't hire these people. This is one of them. It's perfect Kiel, absolutly perfect. Please, keep it up.

Wow, pretty big compliment, thanks so much. default_classic.gif I hope to provide you with some more quality MOCs in the near future.

A few years ago there were a ton of mods of the old version of the gunship. Many were good, but this is by far the best version of ARC gunship I have seen. The rancor stickers are fantastic and the placement of the blue bricks are spot on. The ARC gunship is the reason I am such a Clone Wars fan. Well done, KielDaMan!

A few years ago there were a ton of mods of the old version of the gunship. Many were good, but this is by far the best version of ARC gunship I have seen. The rancor stickers are fantastic and the placement of the blue bricks are spot on. The ARC gunship is the reason I am such a Clone Wars fan. Well done, KielDaMan!

Thanks djmangunz. I agree there have been a lot of ARC gunship MOCs out there but I really had to make this attempt to do my own since I hadn't found the perfect one. I hope my version somehow does justice to the our favorite ARC Gunship. default_classic.gif