I Scream Clone

MOC: Kowe'on Sanctuary

indexed.gif

Kowe'on Sanctuary

Come visit the luscious, bountiful Kowe'on Sanctuary, home to the gallant Forestmen who rob from the rich, give to the poor and have a rollocking wenchy good time to boot! Life is never dull with so many activities including water sports, archery, barrel rolling and much much more. You'll think you never left school camp!

Props to Derfel for the curved balcony technique, Awesomestar for the goats, Erdy's apple shoot and probably something borrowed from Sly Owl as well. The rabbit is my own design so na na.

1279943125m_DISPLAY.jpg

12799433363_DISPLAY.jpg

12799431302_DISPLAY.jpg

12799431334_DISPLAY.jpg

Ride hard or burn your pants!

12799431388_DISPLAY.jpg

Full Set on MOCPages

and Flickr

That's a great MOC, nice assortment of techniques ( including the borrowed ones :tongue: ), and makes me even more depressed I have sooooooo few parts for making trees! I'm not going to ask about the pants burning comment, I'll assume you mean the friction on the ground if he falls off and leave it at that :wacko:

AWESOME 'ISC' really AWESOME - lots of detail plus a racing pig - SWEET !

Excellent tree house/hideout for Robin and his merry men - I'm a conformist! 'ISC' really I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Now thats amazing!

I love the tree, It looks just perfect!

And all the little details you've managed to fit in, Great job :thumbup:

Wow, I love it! The pig rider was particularly funny. :tongue: The sunflowers are also lovely.

I was wondering... did you try to fit older plumes into the new forestman hat (coming from the collectable minifigure series)? I think older plumes are a tad too large and doesn't fit properly. (Of course you have a lot of older hats too, so you might have avoided this issue completely...)

Brilliant!! The big tree design looks great but it's all the little details and activities going on that really bring it to life... excellent work!! (I love the name too!!)

Edited by greg3

Wow, well done! I laughed so hard at the guy about to get his head shot off the apple, errr, the apple shot off his head! Plus the tree just looks insanely good, and the guy being pulled through the water by the fish gave me a laugh as well :thumbup: Superbly done mate, and keep bricking!

Ah, you finished it :classic: Not quite what I imagined when I first heard about the project, I was thinking more like platforms in trees, but this is a much cooler concept, interior shots would be nice, but I suppose there is no interior? :tongue:

(and I love the "ride hard or burn your pants" reference :laugh:)

Thanks guys for the nice comments.

I was wondering... did you try to fit older plumes into the new forestman hat (coming from the collectable minifigure series)? I think older plumes are a tad too large and doesn't fit properly. (Of course you have a lot of older hats too, so you might have avoided this issue completely...)

I found the newer pirate plumes did fall out of the older hats a lot, but its just a few quick photos after all. Not much playability. Though my sons will destroy it pretty quickly I imagine. :laugh:

Oh I hate you I scream clone for having created this totally awesome gigantic tree with a house in it!

I actually wanted to build something like that for my adventurers, but you made me realise I didn't have enough brown parts or leaf parts, so my project would look quite ridiculous compared to yours...

I truly love your sanctuary, it's not only a very good moc with funny details, it's a beautiful brown and green sculpture.

Keep bricking!

Wow I love this MOC! Top to bottom a wonderful creation. A lot going on with all of the forestmen and such. But I want to reiterate the question is there any interior?

Wow I love this MOC! Top to bottom a wonderful creation. A lot going on with all of the forestmen and such. But I want to reiterate the question is there any interior?

Thank you, there is a fully decorated cabin up top with a bed, tiled floor, lit fireplace and chimney. Its just almost impossible to photograph without pulling all the leaves off the top of the tree. :sweet:

Props to Derfel for the curved balcony technique, Awesomestar for the goats, Erdy's apple shoot and probably something borrowed from Sly Owl as well. The rabbit is my own design so na na.

Young man, it's about time you took some credit for yourself - you're good enough :wink:

Gotta love the overall scene, great composition and technique. From experience, with larger MOCs it's easy to get bogged down in small areas, and leave expanses neglected and marginalised - but here you've got a good spread. In terms of an overall scene, I'd have liked to see non-square edges which meander down to a plate or brick thin - the harsh cutoffs here feel a bit strange, particularly given that trees tend to have that grass-less patch underneath that fades into grass the further out you get; you could have mirrored this in the way the base is constructed. Naw, I'm getting too arty - it's cool as it is :grin:

Nice use of those Kranx heads (or whoever they belong to) - nice 'n' organic.

Rabbit-wise, what's on the anti-stud of the travis brick? I'd guess it's a 1x1 round plate?

Now, to make me a rabbit... :devil:

Young man, it's about time you took some credit for yourself - you're good enough :wink:

Gotta love the overall scene, great composition and technique. From experience, with larger MOCs it's easy to get bogged down in small areas, and leave expanses neglected and marginalised - but here you've got a good spread. In terms of an overall scene, I'd have liked to see non-square edges which meander down to a plate or brick thin - the harsh cutoffs here feel a bit strange, particularly given that trees tend to have that grass-less patch underneath that fades into grass the further out you get; you could have mirrored this in the way the base is constructed. Naw, I'm getting too arty - it's cool as it is :grin:

Nice use of those Kranx heads (or whoever they belong to) - nice 'n' organic.

Rabbit-wise, what's on the anti-stud of the travis brick? I'd guess it's a 1x1 round plate?

Now, to make me a rabbit... :devil:

Thanks buddy, the travis anti-stud has nothing on it at present, though thinking about it I would have used the top stud for the head, the two lower sides for cheese, the upper sides for tiles and the for the anti-stud a 1x1 round next time. :laugh:

Here is a comparison, new design on the left.

4831756771_1c37d820bb_b.jpg

Wow, that's truly a great MOC! Above anything else, I love the massiveness of the tree body, the bulkiness and uneven surfaces gives it a very realistic look. The positioning of the leaves is also just right to make it a 'lush and rich' tree. Of course, the band of Forestmen, going about their daily activities, is classic. Job most impressive ISC! :thumbup:

Wow, this is another superb creation by you, ISC :thumbup:

The multi-level tree-house is very nicely done, and the foliage is used in a very clever way to make it more organic. Seeing the large and thick second level (especially well seen in the first pic) branches, I have a question: have you tried using some boat/ship hull parts to make them, or are those all too large for it?

And then, where do I have to sign to partecipate in next year's camp? :laugh:

Thanks Kieldaman, glad you found lots of nice elements on this creation.

Wow, this is another superb creation by you, ISC :thumbup:

The multi-level tree-house is very nicely done, and the foliage is used in a very clever way to make it more organic. Seeing the large and thick second level (especially well seen in the first pic) branches, I have a question: have you tried using some boat/ship hull parts to make them, or are those all too large for it?

Cheers, to be honest I try to steer away from large elements like hull pieces and BURPs when I can, but it does have some nice curves. As for trees this large, its definitely out of my system for a while.

And then, where do I have to sign to partecipate in next year's camp? :laugh:

According to my files you are already signed up for next year, bring your own apples though.

This is a great scene mate! I really liked your tree houses in your PTV2 entry and this one is no exception. Great parts usage and as always you've managed to create a busy vibrant scene with lots of mini-fig action. This really makes me want to build a forestmen hideout now :classic: . Great work :thumbup:

This is a great scene mate! I really liked your tree houses in your PTV2 entry and this one is no exception. Great parts usage and as always you've managed to create a busy vibrant scene with lots of mini-fig action. This really makes me want to build a forestmen hideout now :classic: . Great work :thumbup:

Great work Josh! The tree's shaping is lovely, and the whole things carries a nice charm.

Great work, where did you get that blue mushroom from ?

I dont comment much, but I have too on this one. Fantastic. Brilliant. Love it. This just made me start yet another MOC. Thanks mate, like I dont have to pour plenty of money on other MOCs ;) ha-ha

I like your creation very much. The design is inventive, the scene is full of life and action, and that large amount of green makes the MOC refreshing for tired eyes.

I noticed you found a nice use for those green frames (plastic spruce?) that usually come with Plant with 3 Large Leaves (part no. x8).

By the way, I always wondered why LEGO designers in TLC add studs on the body of those animals, like dogs or pigs. Your pig rider explains it.

Edited by Jonas

Hi ISC.

Just like others have told you, its really wonderful - love that kind of fantasy MOC.

I wish I had more brown bricks and green leaf, forestmen and, and, and +++++++++

so far I can only make very small MOC's I have just restarted my Lego adventure.

You have used other bricks as well ? What kinds mix well with Lego ? :cry_happy: