Sign in to follow this  
Swash Buckler

The Black Pearl from POTC

1279719262m_DISPLAY.jpg

12797192724_DISPLAY.jpg

12797227111_DISPLAY.jpgMinifigs- i made them in flesh as TLG makes all movie figures....

More pics from here Black Pearl enjoy... I'm going to build Flying Dutchman to battle against this :pir-classic:

well description should be "minifigures" :pir-grin: but you know what i mean...i suppose..... is there anyway to edit that section anymore? Seems that there is not... :pir-sceptic:

Impressive. The stern of the ship looks really good and the love the masts.

The front is a 'stubby' and short. Is it supposed to be like that?

Overall, this does not take away from the model and it looks really good. :pir-classic:

I like the ship a lot although I agree that the front of the ship looks stubby. Otherwise it captures the look of the movie ship quite well. I can't say I like the peach faces (I hated it when TLC made the change) but I do like the minifigures you've put together overall. Nice work.

It's a very solid looking MOC ship so nice work! :thumbup:

Though I gotta jump on board the "bow looks to stubby" boat as well.

However, if you look at the actual Black Pearl (an East Indiaman) you'll notice the bow is stubby but it looks elongated because of the figurehead:

blackpearl_468x306.jpg

You could perhaps compensate by lowering and extending the length of the foremast, although the mast would somehow need to look broader.

Impressive. The stern of the ship looks really good and the love the masts.

The front is a 'stubby' and short. Is it supposed to be like that?

Overall, this does not take away from the model and it looks really good. :pir-classic:

You're right it's bit stubby but actual Pearl has pretty stubby bow.... perhaps i can move the frontsection of the keel little bit forward.. making front less stubby...i am not sure if structures allow it though :pir-sceptic: ...

Your minifigs are really nice :thumbup:

The ship is too, although I agree with the others about the stubby bow.

But the sails and especially the stern are really nice. The stern makes it very recognizable the Black Pearl.

Good job :pirate:

its look nice

when I saw it, I thought it was duplo or something like that, but seeing it well, the tall of the hull is necessary to reach a double row of cannons

and also I like the custome minifigs, well design

:thumbup:

I made some changes to the bow -now it's not that stubby anymore- here: 12798752991_DISPLAY.jpg12798753012_DISPLAY.jpg

I really want to see what kind of pearl TLG comes up with next year -with official Potc line -that there seems to be becoming :pir-classic: .... i hope it will have accurate windows and angel so i can build better Pearl :pir-blush:

Oh and as a note- this is meant to be complete vessel so draft is included to build :pirate_skel1:

Great Black Pearl 'Swash Buckler'! Impressive work! pirate_thumbup.gif The overall design is pretty accurate with the real ship based on the ref. pic. I think you just have to lenghten the ship a bit more and widen the masts and it's all perferct. And pretty nice crew to man your awesome pirate ship.

Great Black Pearl 'Swash Buckler'! Impressive work! pirate_thumbup.gif The overall design is pretty accurate with the real ship based on the ref. pic. I think you just have to lenghten the ship a bit more and widen the masts and it's all perferct. And pretty nice crew to man your awesome pirate ship.

It actually has a draft in it so it is pretty realistic (i changed the bow bit longer though) check out pics with pearl on dry land and you'll see that it's not that long as it seems to be when on sea... anyway thanks - unfortunately i cannot build it any longer because i ran out of black.... and i need dark gray for Dutchman too :pir_laugh2:

I think its a bit short, should be longer, to give it a sleeker feel, but nice details, and some interesting techniques overall. And nice job on the minifigs.

I think its a bit short, should be longer, to give it a sleeker feel, but nice details, and some interesting techniques overall. And nice job on the minifigs.

actually this is pretty accurate- imagine lower half to be underwater- that makes ship look longer- i added draft to it so it looks short but we see pearl on dry land in movies and it's actually pretty short- check out movies if you don't believe- here is plans i used as reference they show the shape plans of Pearl

I think it all looks brilliant and if the official set can look anywhere near as good I'll be happy. Thanks for sharing it!

you capturesd the look of the black pearl very well. i especialy like that you built it as a complete ship. your hull is a great example of a custom made hull. very good work. i like it alot.

This looks great! I don't think official one is this good...I'm new here but great fan of your mocs Swash :jollyroger: - does anyone know why Swash seems to be banned? :imperialguard_commander1: Did he steal someone's ship? :pir_laugh2:

Banning reasons are between the member and staff.

Being as swash buckler will not be responding to this thread it doesn't seem necessary to bump such an old thread just to say you like it, or to ask why he was banned.

This looks great! I don't think official one is this good...I'm new here but great fan of your mocs Swash :jollyroger: - does anyone know why Swash seems to be banned? :imperialguard_commander1: Did he steal someone's ship? :pir_laugh2:

Nope, he kept coming back and making new accounts.

Just like yours :hmpf:

Welcome back Swash Buckler - you're banned and should accept that decision instead of making new accounts.

Now that you fixed the bow it does look less stubby but i still think that the ship is unproportionate, the ship is far to high for its length which needs to be increased or the height needs to be decreased. Also i think the bow come to a rather abrupt stop and that you should make that more gradual and increase the bow length by 6-8 studs so you can do that.if you have trouble with getting it to look good i always suggest using roof tiles connected sideways that way the bow comes to a point. Overall it is still a nice ship and the minifigure crew is good too. Nice job!