Sign in to follow this  
TheWarden

[Ninja MOC] - Meditation on the Fallen

indexed.gif

For five years on this date, Ryo Heiyashi of the Grey Clan has journeyed to Seizan Peak to meditate on his late master. Slain in combat from behind, he was branded with the mark of the dishonorable Blaque Clan. The act struck at the heart of his family, village, friends and fellow ninja; in turn, he has sought out the wisest of the wise of the region, trained rigorously, and fought constantly to right the wrongs of the Blaque Clan - except this day.

No, not today, this day is for remembrance. He would have his retribution of his sensei's murderer in due time. Reaching the snow packed peak where his master's ashes now rested (he loved the view so much in life, Ryo saw it fit to entomb him here), he brushed away a layer of snow and folded his cloak down to rest. Lighting a small pyre, Ryo begins his meditation...

I've been really wanting to use some of my not too wide LEGO Ninja collection, so perhaps a little vignette to warm up. I'm not much of a writer, so please excuse the story above for grammar, historical inaccuracies, etc - it's meant to set up the mood and the background.

I intended to go farther with the little story, but I'd rather leave it open-ended for the viewer to interpret. So just like a LEGO playset, YOU determine the rest of the story. (I couldn't help making one action shot at the end, though.)

The best way to view this (so I don't have to resize everything) is with the higher res photos and tagged items here at my Flickr album!

But if you like MOCPages it's there too.

A teaser shot (sized for EB) here: 4807420344_1d49066636_b.jpg

Hope you enjoyed and thanks for looking!

I like the way you've conveyed a small mountain stream with the light transparent blue bricks. This really adds a lot to the MOC in my opinion. Also, your story does set the mood nicely.

Is the masters spirit ascending peacefully, or, come to warn his student of the treacherous one who followed him up the mountain? :oh3:

Who knows!

Yes, I agree, the waterfall is neat.

Thanks, LT, McK, and Dan! It was a fun build. Never done snow before...

Now, I must wrack my brain for some more ninja ideas. But first back to space...

I too like the waterfall. I don't, however, like the ghost. He seems too cartoony for the atmosphere you're working at.

Steve

Nicely done The Warden! :thumbup: I like the 'snow in the rocky mountain' effect. The waterfall is of course neat, as well as the small details such as the wind-blown flag and the meditating pose of the ninja.

Simple and neat design, with some very innovative (at least for me :laugh: ) techniques, like the windows' glasses for the ice/water puddles on the mountain side.

Thanks for sharing, TheWarden!

Oh, I forgot I posted this, and here is a new wave of comments for me to look at!

Athos: Yeah, he's the classic LEGO Castle ghost. No more, no less. But interesting thought. I have never done brick built figs before, but something B-B could have a more... solemn (?) appearance. I'll see if I can build something as an alternate fig.

BrickClick, KielDaMan, LuxorV: Glad you all like the detail work. Thanks for the looksee.