Jippon

Review: #852701 Battle Pack Trolls

indexed.gif

Set: #852701 Battle Pack Trolls

Theme: Castle

Year: 2009

Pieces: 34

Minifigs: 5

Welcome to my second review on Eurobricks. I am currently crawling out of my dark ages and trying to get some of the great Lego I missed in the past years. I was lucky enough to find this set, along with #852702 Battle Pack Dwarfs (review) at an online store. I checked the review database but I could not find a review of this set, so I decided to give it a shot.

The box

The box gets the job done nicely, when still in the box the trolls sit tightly against a nice backdrop of #7903 Skeleton Tower. The plastic casing keeps the trolls in place nicely, none of them were out of place when I received the set.

4779621046_6d767e8c8c.jpg

Contents

We get five trolls (already assembled and equipped) and a mouse/rat in light bluish gray. Accessories include three shields, two jagged scimitars, a double bladed axe, a pike and a side-bladed spear.

Behold the trolls (and the rodent)!

4778989279_7635ab165b.jpg

4779627558_2c203f2c1b.jpg

Although there is some variation in the torsos and armour, the faces are all the same. This doesn’t really matter with trolls, but a Shaman would have been nice. We get two standard warriors, two warlords and a chieftain. (not sure if that’s what they’re called, but you get the idea.

4779623370_438cf3e7ef.jpg

4779623896_8632689673.jpg

I really like the capes, they give an extra touch of savage to the figs, which is good.

4779627090_2a9f91596f.jpg

Quality

As with the other battle packs of this series, some parts are produced in China. This is noticeable when the minifigs stand next to others, but not bothersome to me. Here’s a comparison with a troll warrior from another set. The one on the right is from the battle pack.

4778991505_6e1f96e485.jpg

Conclusion

Although I like the set, I’m not as psyched about it as I was about the dwarfs battle pack. The accessories are great, but the trolls themselves feel a bit lacking. Still, I have no regrets about buying it, but it went for the same price as the dwarves and comes with less pieces and accessories. The value for money is a bit less then with the dwarfs, but still decent I think.

Flickr set with more pics an high res versions of the ones above: Just for clicks!

So there you have it, thanks for reading and please tell me what you think about my style of reviewing, any tips?

Very nice review :classic:

I like this set and I wish I got some of those battlepacks.

I love that cape!

Once again nice review!

Good review Jippon, thanks for sharing this one. I never thought this was an interesting BP until I saw your review, it looks actually good.