Sign in to follow this  
slacker int

Accipiter Attack Fighter

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Blacktron 3 Accipiter Attack Fighter

No real backstory... just wanted to do a simple swooshable mid-size fighter.

4755118631_a138e592e8.jpg

4755118353_dffa63eb5a.jpg

4755757118_554e6dc556.jpg

more on flickr

Edited by Bob De Quatre

Niiiice! I love the engines and the super smexy wing design?

On building BT3, what is the typical color scheme? BT1 was black, yellow, trans-red / trans yellow. BT2 was black, white, trans-flourescent-yellow. BT3 could be ? (Maybe some grey, methinks.)

That is a very sleek and well executed design that screams "BLACKTRON!"

I just love the octagonal-cockpit you used, reminiscent of the Blacktron II windshields, and especially the minifigure piloting it! His black SP3 Commando helmet is quite impressive... and I never would have thought of that idea! The various translucent details are perfect, and I adore the engines and spoiler you used: because of these attachments, I can see a score of these blending into the sky highways of Astro City waiting to incur...

Brilliant MOC :thumbup:

What a beautiful design, the detail is amazing, and as stated above the design truly screams Blacktron :classic: Well done indeed mate, and keep bricking :thumbup:

Wow i love this! Very 'blacktronish' indeed. I like the sleekness and smoothness of the ship, especially the wings. Great job!

Awesome engines, great overall look, nice neon green touch in the wings btw :thumbup:

Edited by -zenn

Thanks for the positive comments everyone! Glad you like it... I would love to make a few more for a possible fleet, but unfortunately don't have the parts.

on building BT3, what is the typical color scheme?

There is a group over on flickr dedicated to blacktron 3 with building guidelines, colour schemes, and various stylistic "rules".

My ships tend to reflect those of blacktron II, but because Im using the new blacktron revival torso and modern parts I label my ships BT3.

adam

AWESOME 'Blacktron' attack craft 'slacker int' - beautiful engines, nice weapons and cool wing designs. :grin:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

There is a group over on flickr dedicated to blacktron 3 with building guidelines, colour schemes, and various stylistic "rules".

My ships tend to reflect those of blacktron II, but because Im using the new blacktron revival torso and modern parts I label my ships BT3.

Ah, that's what I need! Thanks. I'm think I'm going to attempt a BT3 MOC... although my lime green is woefully small, I might be able to come up with something.... I don't have the new BT torso either, havta get creative.

Really nice design. I'm not a huge space fan S-int, but I enjoy seeing Classic Space combined with modern building techniques. :thumbup:

That is beautiful, I love the way you've done the 'wings' and the engines are very, very smexy. As others have mentioned, it absolutely scream Blacktron, a very badass Blacktron too.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Great work, slacker int! :thumbup:

I especially like your creative use of specialized parts (the Racers spoiler, for instance). How did you get the trans-neon green bits to "glow" so brightly? :alien:

-Toa Of Justice

P.S. "more on flickr" doesn't link to your gallery--could you please fix that when you get a chance? :look:

EDIT: Thanks for fixing it! :grin:

Edited by Toa_Of_Justice

I don't have the new BT torso either, havta get creative.

Shameless self promotion time...

SP3 blacktron torso decal

How did you get the trans-neon green bits to "glow" so brightly? P.S. "more on flickr" doesn't link to your gallery--could you please fix that when you get a chance

I cheated and tweaked the levels in photoshop a bit to bring out the contrast for the trans-neon green bits, glad you like it! Oh and I fixed the flickr link... but my flickr account is in my signature at the bottom of my posts too! :wink: