Sign in to follow this  
Skalldyr

Lawrence of Arabia

indexed.gif

Hi all,

when I first saw the new prince of Persia sets....I only had that on thought.........Lawrence of Arabia! :sweet:

4742720965_e24a8736b1.jpg

During the war, Lawrence fought with Arab irregular troops under the command of Emir Faisal, a son of Sherif Hussein of Mecca, in extended guerrilla operations against the armed forces of the Ottoman Empire. He persuaded the Arabs not to make a frontal assault on the Ottoman stronghold in Medina but allowed the Turkish army to tie up troops in the city garrison. The Arabs were then free to direct most of their attention to the Turks' weak point, the Hejaz railway that supplied the garrison. This vastly expanded the battlefield and tied up even more Ottoman troops, who were then forced to protect the railway and repair the constant damage. -> Wikipedia

Credits for the Train: truedimensions

That's excellent, when I first saw the PoP sets I had exactly the same thought. I'd been waiting for someone to make a brickfilm like the trailer but I might have to do it myself.

I love the diorama to be honest I can't see a way to improve it, hope to see some more in the future.

See when I first saw the Prince of Persia sets I immediately thought "Oh my god, Ostriches." I see some of us are a bit more refined than that. It truly is a great movie, an awesome film epic that for some reason I cannot find too many people who have actually seen it beginning to end. I like what you have done here and the train in the back is particularly great. It really adds a nice sense of depth and dimension,

The only problem I have with this is the tan baseplate on the tan map. Perhaps a darker background would make the tan bricks on the tan baseplate stand out a bit more. Just my two cents.

Greatness from a great movie.

I'd been waiting for someone to make a brickfilm like the trailer but I might have to do it myself.

That is a great Idea! :thumbup:

See when I first saw the Prince of Persia sets I immediately thought "Oh my god, Ostriches." I see some of us are a bit more refined than that. It truly is a great movie, an awesome film epic that for some reason I cannot find too many people who have actually seen it beginning to end. I like what you have done here and the train in the back is particularly great. It really adds a nice sense of depth and dimension,

The only problem I have with this is the tan baseplate on the tan map. Perhaps a darker background would make the tan bricks on the tan baseplate stand out a bit more. Just my two cents.

Greatness from a great movie.

Haha the Ostrichs, true, are great! and yes I'm also not very pleased with the color, but it was a 1-Day Project..I drawn some sketches at university and build it after, in the evening I just Photoshoped it a little bit and that's the result! :wacko:

Edited by Skalldyr

Very cool. I am a big fan of that movie!

Thank you, I would not have thought that so many have seen the film. Like legitimatealex said!

Lawrence of Arabia, such a wonderful movie :wub:

You MOC has inspired me to watch it again one of the coming days. I own very few DVD's, but this one if part of my small collection.

What an interesting MOC and great idea! I really enjoyed looking at this. Thanks so much for sharing!

God Bless,

Nathan

AWESOME MOC 'Skalldyr' - the train in the background right up to the guys with the tnt - excellent work and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Note - be an idea for a contest - MOC's of movie theme's Lego has never done ! :wink:

Great little scene. Excellent use of perspective.

AWESOME MOC 'Skalldyr' - the train in the background right up to the guys with the tnt - excellent work and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Note - be an idea for a contest - MOC's of movie theme's Lego has never done ! :wink:

Indeed (although Lawrence can also be considered part of the Indiana Jones theme :wink: )!

My girlfriend is a huge fan of Lawrence (not just the movie, which is her favorite, but of the historical figure in general); I must show her this.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Thank you all very much! :classic:

It seems, I really touched a nerve. :laugh:

Therefore, another picture:

lawrence.jpg

Inspired by this picture: 2725103788_ca5f06fdf9_o.jpg

Edited by Skalldyr

as i already wrote on flickr: most excellent! :thumbup:

Thank you again :laugh: !

Ha, When I saw this I laughed. Laurence of Arabia is my nickname, Since my real name is Laurence everyone calls me it :laugh:

Ha, When I saw this I laughed. Laurence of Arabia is my nickname, Since my real name is Laurence everyone calls me it :laugh:

Ha :laugh: Nice to know that....