Renegade Clone

[MOC] Lambda-class shuttle

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Yo everyone!

Back when the pics for City Corner appeared I wanted to use the 6x1 windscreen as the starting point for a minifig-scale shuttle, but Rufus beat me to it! When I first caught the rumor of a 2500px shuttle I was so certain it would be a version like mine with a large landing pad (probably hoping it wouldn't replace all my work), boy did I get a surprise when that pic leaked out! However, the lack of features on that monster spurred me on to put more into mine.

So here is my 99% complete version featuring a completely sealed cockpit with console (had to sacrifice the 2nd pilot to do it though), flush boarding ramp that opens into the passenger bay for eight minifigs, folding wings, landing gear that has to be fitted onto the model and a rotating rear cannon. The (beamless) main wing is actually stable enough to swoosh the shuttle around, just don't tip it to either side! And thanks to Rufus for the cockpit shell design! :classic:

4740704676_5edf740460_b.jpg

4740063589_74168ea055_b.jpg

4740704082_54044a7063_b.jpg

4740705848_231fe57cb7_b.jpg

4740066475_6239d8e1e9_b.jpg

Link to Flickr gallery

So what do you all think? I'd imagine some people might want a more affordable shuttle than the one TLC has revealed, though I still need to do a piece count to see what it came to. :classic:

Edited by KimT

Love it! default_wubnew.gif Excellent job on this one Renegade Clone! pirate_thumbup.gif Even though there are a lot of studs in the body and the wings, the overall look is still very sleek and clean.

This is a great representation of the shuttle! I would even go as far as to say that it is more of what people were looking for when the UCS shuttle came out. I love the cockpit (even if it was borrowed) and the interior is nice as well! Great job Renegade Clone!

I was about to get my camouflage stuff and hop in when I realized it was a Lego MOC. I'm pretty sure I heard someone (Luke? Leia?) calling out for a mission in the distant moon of Endor...

Very nice, it almost looks like it could have come from TLG themselves, in a decent minifig size too.

Great work, this is one of my favorite ships that often goes unappreciated.

I love the studded look :wub:

A really well done MOC.

You've even managed to add interior :thumbup:

Very nice indeeed, this is what lego should have done!

Very nice shuttle 'Renegade Clone' - sometimes the studded looks is the look so to speak.

Great work and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Very good !

It seems difficult to do something better at this scale.

Congratulations ! :thumbup:

Edited by Anio

Very nice. You should be proud especially with all of it's features.

Well Done

Very nice! :thumbup: I especially love the boarding ramp and the rear turret. And 6 Rebel Commandos? :wub:

Man that is simply amazing! What are the proportions? It looks a bit small to be scaled to minifigures. I think my favorite part of this is the fact that you made a "shell" of white around the ship and put in dark gray pieces on the "inside" for detail... it looks really good.

Can the guns on the wings pivot like they do in the film?

Nicely done, Renegade Clone! I think you've improved on mine significantly (tho' I've modded it since). You've done what I never did - get the colours right.

I much prefer the look of your (and my) cockpit to the official set's too tapered look. The next trick will be to combine this cockpit design with the official set. Race?! :wink:

I lika dis berry much. Haha Lego just came out with one, but I doubt it has an interior like this, and I know it lacks the exit ramp. I like the studs too... it is Lego after all. We should start a movement for more studs on creations! :grin:

Nice job. :thumbup:

Thanks for the comments everyone!

The blaster cannons on the wings do flip up, I just forgot to do so when taking the photos. I've had a go at changing parts on the main fuselage to Tile, Modified 4 x 4 with Studs on Edge to balance up the studs on the wings with smooth parts - I'll put some pics online later. My poor ARC-170 has been striped of 2x4 tiles!

Dimensions are as follows:

Length: 41 studs

Width: 25 studs (wings up), 70 studs (wings down)

Height: 41 studs (wings up, landing gear +5), 64 studs (wings down)

Dimensions are as follows:

Length: 41 studs

Width: 25 studs (wings up), 70 studs (wings down)

Height: 41 studs (wings up, landing gear +5), 64 studs (wings down)

As I thought, it's quite small... a "Truescale" shuttle would be around 60-65 studs long (since 'real' shuttle is 20m). Nevertheless, it looks great, and it is indeed quite proportionate to itself (unlike most LEGO products).

More studs, meh... depending on what you're building, more studs isn't always better. :laugh:

In any scale, nice job Renegade Clone!