WesternOutlaw

Wizard's Duel

Kingdoms Wizard vs. Evil Crownie Sorcerer  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your favorite

• Kingdoms Wizard (Green)
    • Crownies Evil Sorcerer (Red)

wizardsduel2.jpg

After purchasing the new Kingdoms 7955 Wizard set, I broke out the old Crownie collection to compare the new wizard with the old Red Sorcerer.

High atop the Dark Mountains, which wizard will win in this epic battle of Evil vs. Evil?

The Green Wizard may call upon the Dark Forest Dragon Knights with new bucket helmets while the magic of the Red Sorcerer can summon an undead army to do his bidding. Using different wands to conjure their magic, choose your favorite Wizard.

The red wizard is good figure, but the black beard and lovely dark green colour make me prefer the new wizard by far. Do you also have the blue Crownie magician? I wouldn't pick him over the green wizard either, but think he could be included in this poll.

Do you also have the blue Crownie magician? I wouldn't pick him over the green wizard either, but think he could be included in this poll.

Gandalf the Grey? No - he was unfortunately not available here in the U.S. There's also the troll sorceress from 7097 Troll's Mountain Fortress (still available).

I would have to say the green wizard is the best. The face printing on the red wizard is nice but the dark green in just lovely.

I vote for Malak (the red one). He really looks very menacing and evil. The dark green one is also good (nah, just a bearded admiral! :tongue: ), but Fantasy era characters (so far) are still unequalled. ) :thumbup:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Do I have to choose one of those two? Then it is the Green Wizard. But the best one is the ancient Majisto, first of the magi :tongue:

That is my personal wizard ranking (Witches not included):

Majisto

Green Wizard (Does he have a name?)

Mallock (Evil Wizard)

Albus Dumbledore (Just the yellow faced first version)

The Good Wizard.

PS: The Green Wizard is only that much evil as Majisto. His fraction is neutral. Sure they are at war with an other castle fration, but I do not see anything that makes the green fraction really evil. Maybe they are aggressive, maybe they are the antagonists, but the Forestmen and Black Hawks were also antogonists, without being evil :)

Edited by josykay

PS: The Green Wizard is only that much evil than Majisto. His fraction is neutral. Sure they are at war with an other castle fration, but I do not see anything that makes the green fraction really evil. Maybe they are aggressive, maybe they are the antagonists, but the Forestmen and Blackhawks were also antogonists, without being evil :)

I completely agree, the dragons seem to be a bit more rugged but nothing on the face prints or sets suggests they are an "evil" faction. in that way they are kind of like last year's pirate theme; both pirates and soldiers could be your 'good guys' it depends on who you pick. It's part of Lego's attempt to leave no one behind as pure evil.

As far as the green wizard goes, i like everything about that set, except i can't seem to get over the gray hair on the face, and the dark black beard...

Oh, well he wins anyhow :classic:

Only two points are needed to sum up the red wizard's victory:

* Once any of the dragon knights fall in battle, Malak can raise them to fight for his cause.

* He was featured as primary villain in a LEGO movie.

Malak wins.

ORC!

I know the dark green color is nice, but the red one has more printing, a cape, and a staff. My vote goes to him. :thumbup:

I like the red one, for his evil expression, more menacing expression and deadly lightning staff :oh:

Greeny kinds of look like he's playing dress-ups with a fake beard plastered on.

Wait a second...

Are we voting for the whole army, or just the wizard figs?

* Once any of the dragon knights fall in battle, Malak can raise them to fight for his cause.

But.... The Bucket helmets...

As for which one I like best, I would have to say Ogel Malak. (btw, where does that name come from) first off he has a torso printing, and second he has lighting, and third his face is much less over used. (speaking of which, he has a grey beard and black eyebrows, where as The magician has grey facial hair (including eyebrows)? someone should switch their beards.)

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I own both figs, and I vote for Ogel the Red Sorcerer. His skull theme and red/black color scheme may be cliche, but that's still more evil looking than dark green dragons. He has an undead army at his disposal, so it cannot be defeated, plus that lightning staff and magic cyborg eye are just so darn cool!

Than again, he got defeated by a nerdy prince and a hotshot adventurer from the future. :hmpf: Oh well, he still rocks!

(btw, where does that name come from)

It's Adventures of Clutch Powers movie. Mallock is the main villain there. ) :wub:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

It was ahard decision but i voted for the new green wizard. It's only because of the colour though, my eye just is pleased more with that dark green. When the advent calendar is out wouldn't it be cool to make a comparison review of all 4 magicians from the past few years? I'm getting the green one shortly, then i'll have all except the one from the calendar. Once it's out, i'll take a few pictures of all of them.

Green all the way!

I really like the red wizard's staff though. :tongue:

Want to compare wizards?

Awesome collection! I like how you added wands for each.

Perhaps the wizards need some help in their battle:

wizardsduel4.jpg

I saw this Guy in the store today and was tempted to pick one up. Nice comparison picture.

The Red Fantasy Wizard had the awesome cape (and a printed torso?), so for that reason I have to go with him. Although the beard color isn't as menacing as the black, I love the Red Wizard's face and leg printing.