Sign in to follow this  
XimenaPaulina

KielDaMan's JSF Collection

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hi everyone!

After 4 months of planning, waiting and building, 1000+ pieces acquired, $$$ spent, and countless hours of 'bricking', I'm proud to present to you, my Jedi Starfighter Collection....

4600324967_5ba892605d_o.jpg

This project is one my first MOCs, so pls. bear with my unprofessional and slightly blurry photos. I initially intended only to make a starfighter for my favorite jedi, Kit Fisto, but along the way I got interested and decided to make the rest of the JSFs for the other jedis as well. These starfighters are the Delta-7B Aethersprite-class light interceptors used by the Jedi during the Clone Wars. The design of these starfighters were based on TLG's official version, but with significant modifications. I didn't have any of TLG's JSFs so I built these starfighters entirely from scratch. Some of the modifications I did were:

- Corrected color scheme

- Shorter front hull

- Enclosed astromech compartment

- Shorter rear and rear Flaps

- Modified engine boosters

- Removed all playability features (flick missiles, droid pop-up mechanism, etc.)

Let's start with Obi-wan Kenobi's red and white Jedi Starfighter:

4600325393_437181a671_o.jpg

Comparison with the TLG version and the official JSF:

4600323285_7be1cab7d2_o.jpg

Rear shot:

4600945608_3d6814be01_o.jpg

Close-up: Obi-wan and R4-P17

4600329341_f4dec59c4c_o.jpg

Anakin Skywalker's gray and yellow Jedi Starfighter:

4600326179_c958821b5a_o.jpg

4600323811_b6e75811a4_o.jpg

Rear shot:

4600328275_d9b92e6650_o.jpg

Close-up: Anakin and R2-D2

4600948580_69ddd5c92e_o.jpg

Ahsoka Tano's dark red and white Jedi Starfighter:

4600326627_087440f8a4_o.jpg

4600324321_5ca3f9953f_o.jpg

Rear shot:

4600329093_933b024f17_o.jpg

Close-up: Ahsoka and R7-A7

4600330935_75c57e50f0_o.jpg

Plo Koon's dark blue and white Jedi Starfighter, the Blade of Dorin

4600327009_f24c990ac0_o.jpg

4600323585_8689f587eb_o.jpg

Rear shot:

4600946034_9a933488cf_o.jpg

Close-up: Plo Koon and R7-F5 (custom printed)

4600948054_42bc68d56c_o.jpg

And last but not the least, Kit Fisto's dark red, white, and lime green Jedi Starfighter

4600943748_1730bb674e_o.jpg

Comparison with the official JSF (no TLG version):

4600324081_ff8b433491_o.jpg

Rear shot:

4600328555_1280695168_o.jpg

Close-up: Kit Fisto and R6-H5 (used R4-P77)

4600330683_4fcd737843_o.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you liked my collection, C&Cs are welcome! :sweet:

Edited by KimT

I LOVE THESE!!!!

I especially like Plo-Koon's, the dark blue is so much nicer than the regular TLG blue one.

Kit Fisto's is pretty cool too, I like the green accent.

The models are super accurate and really look like the reference pictures.

Keep brickin'

Pirate :thumbup:

You my good sir, need a congradulatory cake

These are great! I especially like Ahoka's starfighter and how you did the details on her ship. How come though Kit's ship has a green dome on the top pic but not on the bottom ones?

Holy Cow, that's a superb collection. This makes me want to get the Plo Kloon fighter now.

Really great job on duplicating the ships not in production.

Sweet looking collection of Jedi Starfighters 'KielDaMan' :sweet: - really AWESOME work and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Veeewwwy pwettyyyy...

I love Kit Fisto's one. It's so sleek.

If I were you though, I shorten all of them by about... eight studs. ;P

Very nice indeed. Kit's fighter is ace! Interesting fin design too. Keep it up!

I love these. I hated how TLG's Plo Koon's fighter looked so chunky and un-smooth. Yours corrects that.

Somethign I felt worth noting- the TLG version of Obi's fighter is actually sed off the EP.2 version, therfore it is rendered usless in this comparison.

Outstanding collection of JSFs you've made there KielDaMan -- If I had to pick a favorite, it would be Kit's fighter. I like the lime green color. It really helps it stand out from all of the red/white republic colors. You obviously have a great base model that you can work from to create many more JSFs.

I do have a question about the details on Ahsoka's fighter. If you look at these two pictures, the white starburst pattern is different. It's noticeable looking at the studs to the front of the plate surrounding the astromech's dome - what happened?

4600326627_087440f8a4_o.jpg

4600330935_75c57e50f0_o.jpg

Thanks for the comments everyone! I'm happy you liked my collection.

Outstanding collection of JSFs you've made there KielDaMan -- If I had to pick a favorite, it would be Kit's fighter. I like the lime green color. It really helps it stand out from all of the red/white republic colors. You obviously have a great base model that you can work from to create many more JSFs.

I do have a question about the details on Ahsoka's fighter. If you look at these two pictures, the white starburst pattern is different. It's noticeable looking at the studs to the front of the plate surrounding the astromech's dome - what happened?

I mistakenly took the bottom photo even before finishing the white paint job on the starburst pattern, my bad. I was too lazy to take another photo, hehe.

You my good sir, need a congradulatory cake

These are great! I especially like Ahoka's starfighter and how you did the details on her ship. How come though Kit's ship has a green dome on the top pic but not on the bottom ones?

Thanks for the cake Forresto! :laugh:

The green dome of Kit's JSF are the same for both pics. It might just be the bad lighting I'll need to improve on my photography for next time.

These look superb! The enclosed droid sections are a nice change, even though I understand LEGO's need to make them opened.

The great thing about the Jedi Starfighter both in the show and reflected in our MOCs is how it's an instantly recognizable ship, yet customized in awesome colors. I'd love to see Mace's too, if you could find the purple.

Wonderful work!

Great work on the color scheme and thank you for fixing that droid socket - the LEGO astromech droids are so oversized and the sockets even more so - it just kills the sleek look of the ship.

One thing I would suggest is to change the way you achieved the large wedge section surrounding the cockpit - the curving bricks don't quite look right. (That's the reason I think the LEGO Anakin's Jedi Starfighter is so ugly.) And maybe change the nose to taper to a point - the flatness of it doesn't quite resemble the "pointy" look of the actual ship.

By the way, the engines on the Delta-7B (which it appears you based your models on) are different from those of the Delta-7 seen in Attack of the Clones - they are more covered up, while on the Delta-7 they are more exposed. Hence the jet engine pieces used on the official version would be more accurate than the linked cylinders. (Though if you ever decide to make a standard Delta-7 Aethersprite, you should totally go with that method - from what I can see, it looks great.)

Great work on the color scheme and thank you for fixing that droid socket - the LEGO astromech droids are so oversized and the sockets even more so - it just kills the sleek look of the ship.

One thing I would suggest is to change the way you achieved the large wedge section surrounding the cockpit - the curving bricks don't quite look right. (That's the reason I think the LEGO Anakin's Jedi Starfighter is so ugly.) And maybe change the nose to taper to a point - the flatness of it doesn't quite resemble the "pointy" look of the actual ship.

By the way, the engines on the Delta-7B (which it appears you based your models on) are different from those of the Delta-7 seen in Attack of the Clones - they are more covered up, while on the Delta-7 they are more exposed. Hence the jet engine pieces used on the official version would be more accurate than the linked cylinders. (Though if you ever decide to make a standard Delta-7 Aethersprite, you should totally go with that method - from what I can see, it looks great.)

Thanks for the comments angel. Regarding the wedge suurounding the cockpit, I couldn't find the right type of wedge to achieve the real look of the JSF, so I just stuck with the curved bricks used in the official TLG sets. And yes, I would have wanted to make a "pointier" front tip for the JSFs, I would have wanted to use the technique of DutchRebel's Plo Koon's JSF using 4 X 1 slopes for the tip, but unfortunately, there are no dark red 4 x 1 slopes available for Kit's and Ahsoka's JSF, so I just stuck with the 6 x 3 wedge plates.

These look superb! The enclosed droid sections are a nice change, even though I understand LEGO's need to make them opened.

The great thing about the Jedi Starfighter both in the show and reflected in our MOCs is how it's an instantly recognizable ship, yet customized in awesome colors. I'd love to see Mace's too, if you could find the purple.

Wonderful work!

Thanks 'Clone O'Patra. I also would like to make the JSFs for the other jedis, but if I'm right there are still no official images of Mace Windu's Delta 7B right (and for the other jedis as well)? I only know Mace's purple-and-white Phase II jedi starfighter. If SW will make the JSFs for the other jedis, I will surely make my LEGO version of them to add to my collection.

Edited by KielDaMan

Thanks 'Clone O'Patra. I also would like to make the JSFs for the other jedis, but if I'm right there are still no official images of Mace Windu's Delta 7B right (and for the other jedis as well)?

Well, his fighter did appear in the second to last episode of The Clone Wars Season 2, so even if there is no picture on white it would be possible to take some screen captures and work from that. Since it did appear in the show, though, it's likely there may be an official picture that matches the other ones you have.

Well, his fighter did appear in the second to last episode of The Clone Wars Season 2, so even if there is no picture on white it would be possible to take some screen captures and work from that. Since it did appear in the show, though, it's likely there may be an official picture that matches the other ones you have.

Wow, really? I haven't watched yet that episode, had I known Mace already have one then I would have made his JSF. Thanks for informing me, I searched it off Wikipedia, here's the pic:

4602570647_5e6d3fcf53_o.jpg

From what I see, it's all white with a bit of green and red highlights? I need to watch that episode to closely study the colors, and to determine his astromech droid color. I'll definitely make this one to add to my collection. I'll be off to Bricklink then for the needed parts!

KielDaMan to achieve the wedge around the cockpit I would suggest using those huge 3x12 wing plates (like on the 6205 V-wing) but at an angle, perhaps with click hinges. In other words, SNOT would be the best technique. You could also do what Gareth did with his UCS Delta-7 and position grooved bricks at an angle.

The wedges don't quite have to be 4x1; I think you can use those huge red slopes with the holes in them that were used for the support in the 7163 Republic Gunship set. (The holes can be quite easily covered up with 1x1 tiles.)

And by the way it's fallenangel, never just angel. =D

When you see your versions of the fighters against the Lego versions, you begin to see just how good your MOCs are, far more like the actual fighters. I really like the way you've positioned the cockpit right at the back and removed the droid pop-up mechanism, which I always thought was a bit silly.

Great work. I've got Plo Koons fighter on my wish-list this year and can see some modding coming on to match your version. :thumbup:

These are great renditions of theJSF KielDaMan! I really enjoyed looking through your collection. One thing I would like to see on these is some sort of release mechanism for the droids. I love the accuracy overall and think that Lego could take some pointers from your MOC's. Make some more when you get a better look at Mace Windu's and I think a JSF for Aalya Secura in the summer would be pretty cool as well!

I LOVE THESE!!!!

I especially like Plo-Koon's, the dark blue is so much nicer than the regular TLG blue one.

Kit Fisto's is pretty cool too, I like the green accent.

The models are super accurate and really look like the reference pictures.

Keep brickin'

Pirate :thumbup:

Great MOCs :thumbup:

Yeah, I agree!I can't Understand why TLG made it blue instead of dark blue, dark blue will be way more attractive though! And if it was dark blue, people like me :devil: would buy it for the dark blue bricks! :laugh:

Great MOCs pirate_thumbup.gif

Yeah, I agree!I can't Understand why TLG made it blue instead of dark blue, dark blue will be way more attractive though! And if it was dark blue, people like me default_devg1.gif would buy it for the dark blue bricks! default_laugh_new.gif

Thanks SWfanny! I also don't understand why TLG didn't make Plo's JSF dark blue. All I could think of is maybe some parts are not available in dark blue (like the 3 x 2 wedge plate and 4 x 1 modified curved brick). Or it could be that blue is more attractive to kids than dark blue (?).

Have I not commented yet?

Nice job, would love to see TLC make a couple of these. TLC's never come even close to minifig-scale. Even though it's a CW craft, I find the grey-yellow color scheme of Anakin's Aethersprite the most appealing.

I also don't understand why TLG didn't make Plo's JSF dark blue. All I could think of is maybe some parts are not available in dark blue (like the 3 x 2 wedge plate and 4 x 1 modified curved brick). Or it could be that blue is more attractive to kids than dark blue (?).

Simple. Standard blue is cheaper. It's manufactured all the time for Creator buckets, and it's one of the primary LEGO colors.