Sign in to follow this  
hippotam

All Along the Clocktower

indexed.gif

Let me de-lurk to show off my latest build, a clocktower loosely inspired by the on at Cardiff Castle.

4558350755_8f57143b71_d.jpg

Flickr set: LINK

Believe it or not, but I started this baby in October last year. It took little longer to complete and I am completely worn out by this, so I am glad this is finally over ;-).

Tower is built on 48x48 base and measures 106 bricks in height. All parts LEGO except custom stickers for clockface.

Few photos (go over to flickr for moar):

4558987868_e2f703106a_d.jpg

4558981558_3b756b86c5_d.jpg

4558981172_baea5c5bd8_d.jpg

Enjoy!

Great MOC! I really like the clock and it's hands. The well in front is also quite nice.

This is a masterpiece!

It's hard to sum the things I like because I like it all. Nothing about this MOC is dull: the walls are full of texture, great color variations and combinations, very lively action going on around the tower, ...

:wub:

Incredible work here hippotam! The clock tower itself is just beautifully detailed, the decal for the clock face looks great! And then of course there's all the stuff happening around it that makes this scene so appealing. I'd have to say my favorite of the details is the troupe of Forestmen marching out from the tower. You can never get enough of those guys. :grin:

Nicely done! :thumbup:

Edited by Mac-K

Wow, it's huge! No wonder it took a while to finish.

I really like the use of both old and new brown, it gives the tower a very nice realistic look. I also like the choice of sand green slopes for the roof, I've always liked that colour and it fits perfectly with the brown. The minifigs are great too with lots of funny details. :thumbup:

Awesome work, hippotam!

Masterpiece, indeed! :cry_happy: I especially like how you've equilibrated the brown color scheme for the tower adding other "browns" and tiles, and of course the design is really beautiful and the little scenes around funny and weel done :thumbup: BRAVO! :wink:

Simply spectacular! The colors work incredibly well together. I really love the detailing you put into the brick work throughout. The clock faces are awesome. You have set up some great scenes with the minifigures for the photographs. One of my favorite MOC’s I have seen in a while. To be honest I would love to see what you could do with the rest of the castle in this style. :thumbup:

All Along the Clocktower

Somebody stop that frakkin' music!

A great MOC hippotam. I really like the texture you added to the walls and the hands for the clock are pure genius. :thumbup:

Amazing. Really good with some nice details.

The clock face is nice along with the minifigure.

Well Done

That's just wild! Of course the detail and design of the clock tower is really superb, but what really takes it up a notch IMO are the great little details with the minifig "scenes". Very well done and I think your time and efforts paid off here. Great job.

Magnificent, this is one of those creations that cant be taken all in in one picture, there's so much action and great building techniques.

Just amazing Hippotam, So many lovely details to poor over. I really like the clock faces and the brown wall design.

How did you achieve the clock face? Is it a decal onto a round tile?

How did you achieve the clock face? Is it a decal onto a round tile?

I used decals from this site: http://www.thewoodshop.20m.com/clockfaces.htm. I printed them on a transparent sticker sheet using laser printer. And yes, I used round tiles 8x8.

And - I must say - applying these stickers straight was the most frustrating thing I have done for few years. I hate stickers.

OMG ! :oh3:

SMEGGING AWESOME ! :grin:

Now that's what I call a clock tower - excellent design, that clock face - it's very cool !

Mega-detail - over the top !

Genius that what I call it - pure genius ! :grin:

Excellent work 'hippotam' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

What a beautiful creation! :wub: The amount of detail and polish here is amazing.

Love this! reminds me a lil of Harry Potter and that guy behind the green figs looks like Hagrid :) Super MOC, not surprised you started it months ago bearing in mind all the neat detail you've included and the impressive size!

As someone from Cardiff, can I just say that's it's brilliant our castle has been chosen for a MOC! It's fantastic!

Jon

Spectacularly well done hippotam.

I love every little detail of it. Theres so much to take in!

Awesome! :wub:

There's not much I can add over what's already been said, but I suppose one more compliment can't hurt :wink: Very inspiring build, perfect both in its greater lines and in the minute details. Do you have any long term plans for this MOC?