Calabar

[KEY TOPIC] Official LEGO Sets made in LDD

Updated to LDD 4

Sort of on a spree I guess (What can I say? This is fun!), got two more. This time, Star Wars!

First up I've got the:

7180 B-Wing at Rebel Control Center Theme: Star Wars

Works with LDD4

lddscreenshot13.png

Download the LXF!

Went together 100% flawless. A couple of the tiles don't get their pattern and the mini-figs are missing their proper print as well. Only thing of note is a rotation glitch on the front of the vehicle. It seems the piece at the end of the arm can't rotate as much as it should. I don't know if that one's been reported yet.

And last, but not least:

10175 Vader's TIE Advanced Theme: Star Wars UCS

Upgraded to LDD4!

lddscreenshot39.png

Download the LXF!

Now this one had some problems. The least of which, I couldn't get the wings to connect. In the file I've spaced them as close as I could so it looks mostly right, since they won't connect.

The inverted dome on the back of the cockpit caused a good deal of the rest of the problems. The supports that were suppose to hold on a bley flag won't fit where they're supposed to - and looking at my physical model it doesn't look like they connect entirely anyways. I just slightly swapped the order of the stack and it worked.

The inverted dome also wouldn't fit with the technic box at the bottom, the studs caused a slight height different that LDD didn't agree with. It's small enough that, like the last one, it works in real life... but the program don't like it. This issue has been repaired!

The strut casings wouldn't connect either, I don't think the piece was programmed to fit into the vertical clips as with just the two parts it still wouldn't work. Also, the guns wouldn't fit into their double bearing. (Repaired)

And finally, the jumper plates on the wings wouldn't stay. Or rather, they WOULD stay, but upon loading the file they give a "2 Parts have been placed incorrectly and have been removed" message, so I simply placed them at the base of their respective wing.

All the pieces are in the file and accounted for, as close to their proper spot as they could be (while still being noticeably removed). I've also grouped the big parts for easier moving around, I'd suggest moving the cockpit/body group in that fashion since the removal of the technic box means the chair won't attach. I had to substitute 8x8 plates for 4 of the grill 8x8 in the wings, but that's it for actual substitutions. (Repaired)

That's it for now!

Edited by Daedalus304

And last, but not least:

10175 Vader's TIE Advanced Theme: Star Wars UCS

Excellent work Daedalus304, you've got the steam going now :classic:

And grouping parts is a very nice touch :thumbup:

Regarding the various brick bugs on the 10175 - sound like may have found some good ones. Could you please explain them with some illustrations, like maybe some close up screenshots or so. Thanks!

Excellent work Daedalus304, you've got the steam going now :classic:

And grouping parts is a very nice touch :thumbup:

Regarding the various brick bugs on the 10175 - sound like may have found some good ones. Could you please explain them with some illustrations, like maybe some close up screenshots or so. Thanks!

I would love to, I actually just got all the pictures ready. But... brickshelf isn't working right for me for some reason, and even though my pictures and links in this thread work I can't see anything in my folders on brickshelf, even if I upload something new. I'll try again later to see if it's working better, if not, I'll have to find another solution!

...if only I could build one with bricks. :wacko:

EDIT: I set up a photobucket and uploaded the images. I made a post here going over the problems. The two I didn't cover (The technic box not letting the dome connect, and the wings not wanting to connect) were just caused by the studs not lining up with as much lenience in LDD as they really can, I'm pretty sure.

Edited by Daedalus304

6382 - Fire Station

Theme: Town > Fire

[Brickset] [Peeron] [BrickLink]

6382_-_fire_station.th.png

Download (LDD 4.2.5):

- Direct link HERE.

- More on my BrickShelf Gallery HERE.

- Visual Gallery HERE.

- Get the ZipPacks from HERE.

Known Inaccuracies:

- Baseplate (6100px2) missing, replaced with a custom solution reconstructed with tiles and plates.

- Ropes (194cx2) missing in LDD version, as it was impossible to roll that.

- Van's Tires system (122c01+4084) completely replaced (4600+50944+42611).

- Car's Tires system (122c01+3641) completely replaced (4600+4624+3641).

- clip 4085a replaced with clip 4085b

- Ladder system on the van (3149c01) replaced with a "not working" custom solution.

- I used minifig head with hollow stud (3626b) instead than old type (3626a)

- Many decorations missing, replaced if possible.

Comments:

Another set from my infantry.

Edited by Calabar

Updated to LDD 4

Got a few more. I'm surprised how many of the classic Star Wars sets were missing from the index.

7128 Speeder Bikes --Theme: Star Wars

Upgraded to LDD4!

lddscreenshot38.png

Download the LXF!

The faces are different, and the prongs one the front of the bikes had to be switched out since they don't exist. I used Lightsaber hilts instead because they're about the same length. I do feel it worth noting that in the instructions, though it's hard to tell, the baseplate the tree is on IS supposed to be a slightly lighter shade of green (And I can confirm it was that way in the set, as well), so it being that way in the LXF is accurate.

LDD4 Change Note: The Biker Scout's helmets have been changed to the correct ones.

7130 Snowspeeder --Theme: Star Wars

Works with LDD4

lddscreenshot21.png

Download the LXF!

There's nothing out of place or missing here, aside from some prints which I just substituted similar ones for.

7134 A-Wing Fighter --Theme: Star Wars

Works with LDD4

lddscreenshot19.png

Download the LXF!

I had to replace the notched wing plates on the front with the newer version, functionally it's about the same thing but visually it's a little different; but not too much to worry about. As well, I couldn't fine the circle plate with a hoop on it that's supposed to go on that white storage container. Disregard that, found the part and updated picture/LXF accordingly. :classic:

Edited by Daedalus304

8089 Hoth Wampa Cave (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episodes 4/5/6)

LXF File

hoth_wampa_cave2.png

ERRORS:

Missing part x77ac50

Replaced parts 86057 and 86058 with 64847

Incorrect/missing prints and stickers

Part 3039 cannot connect to 4855 (p8)

7130 Snowspeeder (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episodes 4/5/6)

LXF File

snowspeeder2.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints

7749 Echo Base (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episodes 4/5/6)

LXF File

echo_base.png

ERRORS:

Replaced parts 64800pb01, 86057 and 86058 with brick-built solutions, 86055 with 6128 and 86056 with 6127

Incorrect/missing prints

Part 59443 cannot connect fully to part 30374 (p9)

Edited by ADHO15

I wanted to post it yesterday but Brickshelf seemed to be down, then...

10029 - Lunar Lander

10025-lunar_lander.jpg

I couldn't find the astronauts' backpacks but all the rest is correct... Well, except for the stickers and prints, obviously...

LXF File

Edited by yellost

Funny that 7130 Snowspeeder was posted by two persons in the same day. Gave me an excellent opportunity to try something I've been thinking about for some time...a side by side review :tongue:

So let's see what we got:

ADHO15 added a rear hook which shouldn't be there (I think). And Deadalus has used the proper Old Grey colors, where ADHO15 used the bley.

Deadalus: 1 point

ADHO15: 0

ADHO15 used some torso graphics on his minifigs, which Deadalus did not. But on the other hand Deadalus used 2x2 sloped bricks with decorations that ADHO15 didn't. I don't know if this is good or bad, but I give both contestants 1 point, so

ADHO15: 1 point

ADHO15 incorrectly used two of the grey 1x2 Tile modified with grill, but there should only be only be one (on the right wing). On the other hand ADHO15 had a slightly nicer presentation, with the radar dish tilted upwards.

ADHO15: 2 point (rounded up :grin:)

Deadalus used a couple of wrong colors, for example a dark trans blue 4L bar

ADHO15 also used some wrong colors, for example a Pearl Light Gray light saber hilt.

What guys - don't you run LDD Manager to check your colors :devil:

Deadalus: -3 points

ADHO15: -3 points

And the winner is....

Deadalus: 0 points

ADHO15: 0 points

A tie at zero points, who would have thought :laugh:

PS: ADHO15, the hook you put in the rear is pushed to far in as it will touch on the studs of the jumper plate. A tiny detail, but I might just as well mention it. EDIT: Actually the brick it is attached to (4595) is incorrectly modelled in LDD, since it should have a wall blocking the hole a bit in, so the fault lies in LDD in any case.

:laugh: Great idea, Superkalle!

Just when I think I'm about ready to start on ESB, Daedalus shows up with his snowspeeder!

ADHO15 added a rear hook which shouldn't be there (I think). And Deadalus has used the proper Old Grey colors, where ADHO15 used the bley.

My bad. I built this one after the other three so adding hooks became a bad habit! :tongue:

I wasn't aware I could get the old greys!

ADHO15 used some torso graphics on his minifigs, which Deadalus did not. But on the other hand Deadalus used 2x2 sloped bricks with decorations that ADHO15 didn't.

Funny how I'll incorrectly decorate some parts but not others! :grin:

ADHO15 incorrectly used two of the grey 1x2 Tile modified with grill, but there should only be only be one (on the right wing). On the other hand ADHO15 had a slightly nicer presentation, with the radar dish tilted upwards.

Whoopsie! I'll remove that.

Thanks. :classic:

Deadalus used a couple of wrong colors, for example a dark trans blue 4L bar

ADHO15 also used some wrong colors, for example a Pearl Light Gray light saber hilt.

What guys - don't you run LDD Manager to check your colors :devil:

There is no chrome silver, right?

I tried LDD Manager but it wouldn't work, remember? :sad:

And the winner is....

Deadalus: 0 points

ADHO15: 0 points

A tie at zero points, who would have thought :laugh:

I'm happy enough with that! But you like me more, right?!

PS: ADHO15, the hook you put in the rear is pushed to far in as it will touch on the studs of the jumper plate. A tiny detail, but I might just as well mention it.

I'll remove it and reupload the LXF File. :wink:

PS. Someone else can do the Motorized Walking AT-AT, if they want. The oldest version has been completed by our wonderful Regulator (now do I win?) and the newest version is too similar to the motorized one to make me want to make it 'again'.

The UCSs are okay too!

Edited by ADHO15

:laugh: Well this was an unexpected turn of events!

I'll go in and fix the colours, though other than the lightsaber blade you mentioned I haven't a clue what could be wrong!

:laugh: Great idea, Superkalle!

Just when I think I'm about ready to start on ESB, Daedalus shows up with his snowspeeder!

I didn't mean to, I swear! :grin:

ADHO15 used some torso graphics on his minifigs, which Deadalus did not. But on the other hand Deadalus used 2x2 sloped bricks with decorations that ADHO15 didn't.

I'm generally a bit choosy with what decorations I use, I didn't see any that I thought looked "right" on the figs so I left them plain, but I felt it important to note which bricks were control panels. But ADHO15 found some good minifig decorations that I somehow missed! :oh3: Oops!

I'll go in and fix the colours, though other than the lightsaber blade you mentioned I haven't a clue what could be wrong!

If you hover the cursor over the trans-blues, I think the middle one is trans-light blue. The default is trans-dark blue.

I'm generally a bit choosy with what decorations I use, I didn't see any that I thought looked "right" on the figs so I left them plain, but I felt it important to note which bricks were control panels. But ADHO15 found some good minifig decorations that I somehow missed! :oh3: Oops!

I guess you're right.

It's just the snowtrooper decoration. :classic:

If you hover the cursor over the trans-blues, I think the middle one is trans-light blue. The default is trans-dark blue.

I guess you're right.

It's just the snowtrooper decoration. :classic:

Thank you! I went ahead and fixed it (And copied your decorations too :laugh: They were too nice to leave out while I was in there!)

With the decorations though I guess it's generally more a matter of preference which are included, at the end of the day no matter what we choose to do chances are high they're going to be wrong anyhow. :sceptic: There's so few of them!

One important note:

remember when you update a set to report and highlight this update, in order to inform all user interested at the file. And remember to add a link to the post where the set is.

Old Gray colour? *huh*

I thought LDD didn't support old colours, so that in all my creations I replaced old grays with new ones.

How to obtain old colours (OldGray and OldDkGray instead than MdStone and DkStone)?

Old Gray colour? *huh*

I thought LDD didn't support old colours, so that in all my creations I replaced old grays with new ones.

How to obtain old colours (OldGray and OldDkGray instead than MdStone and DkStone)?

Right here :wink:

8129 AT-AT Walker (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episodes 4/5/6)

LXF File

atat_walker.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints and stickers

Collision error between parts 32062 and 3001 (Book 1, p48)

Collision error between parts 32054 and other parts (Book 2, p17)

4500 Rebel Snowspeeder (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episodes 4/5/6)

LXF File

rebel_snowspeeder.png

ERRORS:

Missing part x77a

Incorrect/missing prints

8083 Rebel Trooper Battle Pack (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episodes 4/5/6)

LXF File

rebel_trooper_battle_pack.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints

8084 Snowtrooper Battle Pack (LDD 4.3.5 - Star Wars: Episodes 4/5/6)

LXF File

snowtrooper_battle_pack.png

ERRORS:

Incorrect/missing prints

Edited by ADHO15

SETs UPDATE:

Still updated most of my sets using correct old colours instead than new ones.

Here is the list:

- 5928 - Bi-Wing Baron - By Calabar

- 6075 - Yellow Castle - by Calabar

- 6073 - Knight's Castle - by Calabar

- 6067 - Guarded Inn - by Calabar

- 6074 - Black Falcon's Fortress- by Calabar

- 6360 - Weekend Cottage - by Calabar

- 381 - Police Station - by Calabar

- 6932 - Stardefender 200 - by Calabar

- 6972 - Polaris-I Space Lab - by Calabar

- 315 - European Taxie - by Calabar

- 6382 - Fire Station - by Calabar

Edited by Calabar

Another wonderful set from the Sculptures theme: 10214 Tower Bridge!

LXF File

tower_bridge.png

Almost a completely perfect build. The 'wheels' of the vehicles could not be connected properly and neither could the blue squares attached to the white fences.

Correctly connecting the cables and putting the vehicles on the bridge require too much effort to do in LDD, so I just left them how they are. :classic:

Edited by ADHO15

Updated to LDD 4

Here's one that I always thought was a fun little set.

5936 Spider's Secret Theme: Adventures

lddscreenshot41.png

Download the LXF!

This set is totally jam packed with tools and critters and fun stuff, even an axe trap! :laugh:

As for the LDD model, the windshield on the car is missing (I tried to find an alternative but none looked right), Senor` Palomar has the wrong hat, and LDD didn't have a Sun Disk so I put together a little 2-part alternative. Couldn't have a temple without a treasure now! Also, the gauges panel in the car wouldn't fit where it should. I'll upload a pic and post it in the glitches topic if you want, it's only in LU though so I don't know if it's necessary.

LDD4 Fix Note: Gave Senor` Palomar the correct hat, poorly modeled as it is.

Otherwise, a TON of pieces are missing their decals. I made substitutions where applicable but there's a couple that just had to stay blank.

I was also going to upload a 5928 Bi-Wing Baron, but saw that Calabar had already beaten me to it (And managed to get the engine's bricks in place! :wacko: Wow! Good job!), so I'll leave mine on my computer. One thing of note there is that I noticed that the wrong engine piece was used, it wants the piece with that little rim on the back and the file's got the new smooth one.

Edited by Daedalus304

Another wonderful set from the Sculptures theme: 10214 Tower Bridge!

LXF File

Almost a completely perfect build. The 'wheels' of the vehicles could not be connected properly and neither could the blue squares attached to the white fences.

Correctly connecting the cables and putting the vehicles on the bridge require too much effort to do in LDD, so I just left them how they are. :classic:

Fantastic work!

The bug with the micro-vehicle wheels have been reported to the LDD team earlier and should be fixed in LDD4.

The fence thing I'll report now :classic:

PS: Is there any reason why you didn't flex the cables/wires so they don't point right out?

Fantastic work!

The bug with the micro-vehicle wheels have been reported to the LDD team earlier and should be fixed in LDD4.

The fence thing I'll report now :classic:

PS: Is there any reason why you didn't flex the cables/wires so they don't point right out?

Thank you! :classic:

Yeah, it's a pretty common one that I thought must have been reported before. There's a similar problem with the 8x8 modified grid plate used as floor grates.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Why didn't I connect them to the road?

Each segment is at a different angle and there are two cables to attach. It would have taken me hours to get it right!

UPDATE 10/28/2010: Sets updated using LDD 4.0.

Various Brickmaster promotional sets this time around.

First, 20002 Fire Car from the City theme!

20002_fire_car.png

LXF File

No errors with this one, although it should be noted that the instructions request that his face-shield be clipped onto the yellow clip on the back of his car. However, this is not depicted here because the last step of the instructions says to go ahead and give the firefighter his face-shield as well as all his other accessories.

Next, 20003 Creator BM (Dinosaur) from the Creator theme! Note that I'm using the set names from the Customer Service site, the only place where there's an authoritative name given. And Customer Service names are not always correct-- one BIONICLE watch set is referred to as FLOWERS (all caps), while the corresponding clock set is referred to as WAVE BEACH LOOP D. :wacko:

20003_creator_bm_-dinosaur-.png

LXF File

Again, no errors. Took me forever to get the arms aligned flat against the sides of the body and the shoulder bar centered, though.

Third, 20004 Brickmaster - Indiana Jones. Needless to say, it's from the Indiana Jones theme.

20004_brickmaster_-_indiana_jones.png

LXF File

Sole error is that prints are not available and have been left blank.

Fourth, 20008 BM Creator MAY (Tow Truck) from the Creator theme.

20008_bm_creator_may_-tow_truck-.png

LXF File

No errors.

Fifth, 20011 Brick Master - Creator (Garbage Truck) from the Creator theme.

20011_brick_master_-_creator_-garbage_truck-.png

LXF File

Not a single error with this one.

And finally, 20017 LEGO Prince of Persia Dagger Trap from the Prince of Persia licensed theme.

20017_lego_prince_of_persia_dagger_trap.png

LXF File

Two errors: Prints are unavailable and have been left blank, and the Dagger of Time piece cannot be dual-colored and has been instead simply colored 297 Warm Gold.

Edited by Aanchir

Thank you! :classic:

Yeah, it's a pretty common one that I thought must have been reported before. There's a similar problem with the 8x8 modified grid plate used as floor grates.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Why didn't I connect them to the road?

Each segment is at a different angle and there are two cables to attach. It would have taken me hours to get it right!

The 8x8 is also reported. And fixed so that it accepts studs from what I heard.

Regarding the cable, I was thinking more to make the them "hanging" in a more approximate fashion, i.e. no need to connect them to the lower cable attachments. Just to make the model look a bit better.