Davor

Tie advance + Ambush diorama

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

preview of 2 MOCs for Logo club "Kockice" EXPO2010 in Zagreb,Croatia , Technical Museum 13.5.-24.6.

pics taken by mobile phone....good photos comming after exhibition starts...

TIE Advance 1X

dsc00232ok.jpg

Ambush diorama

dsc00227h.jpg

That is rather cleaver using brown to show where the snail tank has gone over the grass, really well done.

The Tie Advance isn't to great, it's a little inaccurate IMO.

On the other hand, the Ambush diorama is really great!

I like the big tree, the plants on the ground and the prints from the Snailtank :thumbup:

Edited by commdr_neyo

Agreed with neyo. The TIE could use some work, but that Ambush Diorama is amazing :thumbup:

I'll echo the above comments. The TIE Adcanced needs work. The deck on the back end should be wider for starters, almost out to the wings in fact. More greebles on the back end wouldn't hurt either. I'd prefer to have some different views before giving any more advice.

The Ambush scene, on the other hand, is outstanding. I love how the Snail Tank is flattening the foliage around it. The tree is very well constructed. And I love the tracks left by the tank. This is by far the superior MOC out of these two.

That is rather cleaver using brown to show where the snail tank has gone over the grass, really well done.

I was thinking the same thing, you beat me too it.

I really like the diorama.

Assuming you meant to build a TIE Advanced x1, I'll let this reference picture speak for itself:

A very nice exhibition picture from theforce.net

The diorama is very nicely done. Wouldn't the ground be a bit sunken after the snail droid has passed over it? (In other words, shouldn't the plates be like one plate lower?)

I think my favorite part is the tree and the weird bush thing next to it. Is that a scout trooper with binoculars I see on the right?

Of course, building your own snail droid would be preferable to using the horrible official set, but it fits.