Sign in to follow this  
501st Commando

Republic Light Cruiser

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Well here it is! The Republic Light Cruiser! It took about 1 and a half months to build. It's a little bigger than the 6211 (see pick below), and has about 4500 pieces +/-500 pieces. The interior didn't have as much room as I hoped, so some parts lack detail. I had a great time building it, and plan on making more big ships. So here it is!

Exterior!

cabg_673.jpg

cabg_674.jpg

cabg_675.jpg

cabg_676.jpg

cabg_677.jpg

cabg_678.jpg

cabg_679.jpg

Next to the 6211 ISD playset.

cabg_680.jpg

Interior!

Training room.

cabg_681.jpg

Main room/command room.

cabg_682.jpg

Meditation room.

cabg_683.jpg

The medical center

cabg_684.jpg

The hall/entrance.

cabg_685.jpg

Main doors (closed).

cabg_686.jpg

Main doors (open).

cabg_687.jpg

The nose door.

cabg_688.jpg

I like it. You combine the Venater and Star Destroyer very well. Good job, and I'm a conformist!!

AWESOME build '501st Commando' - fantastic interior too ! :grin:

And it is huge........and beautifull too - great trim work. :thumbup:

Excellent designing and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Wow, that's amazing, nice interior and design, I wish you could make it a bit longer, it looks a bit fat.

Edited by legobryne

Oh, it's that ship from the new Clone Wars series... I thought you meant like a Consular or something.

In any case, the colors themselves and the smooth interior are both very nice. Love the wall detailing.

The first thing I would suggest is to make the ship a bit more squat - the LEGO Venator had a similar problem of being too tall. You can use wing plates to fill in the little gaps along the middle. Actually, since the actual ship appears to have a large groove in the front, I would suggest building the main hull in a similar way to the 10030 UCS Star Destroyer rather than the method used by the 6211 - the former allows for a straight gap along the center.

Another thing - the rear section where the thrusters are present should resemble the rear section of a Consular-class cruiser - your version is rather chunky in comparison. Might I suggest using the "fin" bricks like on the dorsal fin of the 7166 Imperial Shuttle, attached sideways?

Lovely interior, but is this from EU/CW? The white is slighly distracting, I think a light grey/bley would have worked.

Can we get a picture looking down the hallway from either side?

Edited by indianajones

Impressive work. If you have more photos that would be great to see more. It is a well thought out build. :thumbup:

Nice! Interesting technique with built-up plates on the angled sections of the 'waist'. I'd like to see a bit more detail on the engines though; they look a bit unfinished. Do you have a reference picture for comparison!

Oh, it's that ship from the new Clone Wars series... I thought you meant like a Consular or something.

Yes it's the ship from the CW.

Lovely interior, but is this from EU/CW? The white is slighly distracting, I think a light grey/bley would have worked.

Can we get a picture looking down the hallway from either side?

It's from CW. As for the colors I ran out of a piece I needed for light bley, so I had to go with white.

cabg_650.jpg

Nice! Interesting technique with built-up plates on the angled sections of the 'waist'. I'd like to see a bit more detail on the engines though; they look a bit unfinished. Do you have a reference picture for comparison!

Here it is.

@-Thanks for the comments everyone! :classic: