Sign in to follow this  
Siegfried

Sad news about MOC Master Nate “nnenn” Nielsen

It just come to my attention that nnenn was involved in a tragic car accident that claimed his life. There's more details on The Brothers Brick.

It's a sad loss for the LEGO community, and my thoughts are with his family.

The loss of nnenn will be felt throughout the Lego fan community forever - my thoughts go to his widow and two boys, and I hope that they will be okay. No one deserves a tragedy like this.

~A.S.

I loved that he valued form over purism. The Brothers Brick interview also showed something we had in common, Terran Trade Authority books. I'll miss his MOCs and the way he pushed the boundaries. He has left a legacy on the community, with is online MOCs and those he helped. My thoughts are with is family, let's hope his boys can have comfort from the awesome memories he must have left them.

That is indeed a tradegy for such a young wife and boys, and to a lesser extent the Lego community. I hope the family has the strength to get through this tough time. As for his artistry I had only just started to look through some of his beautiful creations and he was a very talented builder to say the least.

Fare thee well Nate.

:sad:

Man this is a shame, it sucks that people have to die in car crashes and other such random ways. I will definitely be praying for his widow and two children, and may his children share his supreme gift for building and wonderful imagination. RIP Nate Nielsen :sad:

Indeed, this is very saddening news. I wish his family the best coping with their loss. One can only imagine what it's like.

I didn't know him, but this is the kind of loss that's just too tragic to imagine happening to anyone or anyone you love.

That's sad, I never knew Nenn but checked out his flickr page everyother week or so and he made my jaw drop yet again.

My condolences go out to his wife, children and other family. Thanks for all of your creative input, the community will not be the same.

It is always sad to hear a human life has ended too early, our thoughts at this time go to his family who now go on with life without a husband and father.

May their be a pile of Lego space bricks and pieces on a table in heaven tonight, so he can I'm a conformist! forever.

Although I didn't know this person, but as a fellow AFOL I'll say.......R.I.P. MOC Master Nate “nnenn” Nielsen :sadnew:

Very sad news indeed. The word genius is thrown about all too easily these days, but nnenn was a true genius of LEGO building. My heart goes out to his young family. RIP nnenn.

I never knew Nate but I feel as if i lost a friend this morning , there will be a gap in the lego community without him.

I'm sorry for his family's loss.

Very sad news. He will be missed.

I send my wishes to his family.

This is extremly sad news indeed. He is probably one of the most gifted builders out there and he will be sorely missed.

My coldolences go out to his family, may he now rest in peace.

I don't know him personally, but I know he will be greatly missed by many within the LEGO Community. Life can be really very fragile, and it can take you away when you least expected. My thoughts are with you and your family.

The AFOL community loses a great builder, but who cares when there's a father, husband, and friend to be missed? I wish his family and friends all the strength they need to cope with this loss. :sadnew:

Oh Gosh, This is so sad :cry_sad:

Thank you for bringing this most unfortunate news to light Siegfried.

He was a brilliant MOCist, and though I like many of us, never knew him personally, I have always admired his beautiful artwork.

I am very sad to hear this, and I wish his family well. :sad:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

What a tragic loss. He was one of the absolutely best builders and an inspiration with those clean lines and sharp models. My thoughts go to his family.

Really sorry to hear this. :cry_sad:

My condolences go out to his family, I wish them the best of luck. Good luck wherever you are Nate.

This is such sad news. :sadnew:

I pray for his family and am so sorry his life was brought to an end so early. He will be remembered by many of us, I'm sure, for his superb LEGO creations which were so inivative and awe-inspiring.

I don't know him personally either, heard about his username etc. but indeedly a great loss for the community.

Rest in peace...

While I didn't know him, I sure recognized his creations when I saw them. I really like his asymetrical ship designs- very different, and very well done.

I wonder if any "Nnenn-style" contests will open up.

It is extremely depressing to see one of the most talented builders in the LEGO community just pass away all of a sudden. I was very impressed at how he built so many things using techniques I never thought possible, and how he posted new creations almost weekly. I feel sorry about how I never actually paid much attention to all of his amazing MOCs.

In an effort to show my condolences, I've commented in his group pool, his last MOC, changed his contact status on Flickr to "friends and family", and I will keep my one and only small rubber band holder in the best condition possible for years to come.

I also believe that the best way to show how saddened you are is by chroming your rubber band holder. Anyone up for the task...?

RIP nnenn, rest in peace. :sadnew:

Edited by ILikePi

Looking through his photostreams, he left behind quite a lot of creativity in his MOCs. My condolences to his family on their loss.

Rest in peace, Nate. Our thoughts are prayers are with your widow and children.

The Lord is my Shepard, I shall not want,

He maketh my to lie down in green pastures,

He leadeth my beside the still waters,

He restoreth my soul,

He leadeth my in paths of righteousness for his namesake,

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Death,

I fear no evil, for thou art with me,

Thy rod, thy staff, they comfort me,

Thou preparest a table before me,

In the presence of my enemies,

Thou onoitest my head with oil,

My cup runeth over,