Sign in to follow this  
Fordo

Updated! French Army Version 2

First up, the Commanders (From left to right: Marshal Lannes, Marshal Davout, Marshal Murat, Chasseur a Cheval, Napoleon Bonaparte, Marshal Berthier, Marshal Poniatowski, and Marshal Ney).

000_0022.jpg_thumb.jpg

An aerial overview:

000_0001.jpg_thumb.jpg

Artillerie à pied:

000_0002.jpg_thumb.jpg

000_0008.jpg_thumb.jpg

Light Infantry:

000_0003.jpg_thumb.jpg

Cuirassiers:

000_0004.jpg_thumb.jpg

Line Infantry:

000_0005.jpg_thumb.jpg

000_0011.jpg_thumb.jpg

000_0010.jpg_thumb.jpg

Mameluks:

000_0012.jpg_thumb.jpg

Old Guard:

000_0009.jpg_thumb.jpg

000_0006.jpg_thumb.jpg

Here's the Gallery:

Total: 263 men

6 Marshals

2 général de division

8 général de brigade

15 Artillery gunners

10 Cuirassiers

12 Mameluks

20 Old Guard

30 Light Infantry

160 Line Infantry

Credit for the decals goes to Mosana and alextam93 (Chasseur a Cheval)

Wow, its not hard to tell that you put some work/effort into this :thumbup:

Keep collecting :thumbup:

Edited by Ratshot

I have seen also the Prusssian and (not public) the British Army. How many figs do you own in total?

Woody64

Very impressive Fordo!

I've stopped expanding my French army a long time ago, but this brings back a lot of good memories.

Wow that is a big French army! :pir-oh: I`m still building mine up, but I am not nearly as close as you. :pir-classic:

Edited by General Redwater

This makes my army (64, 81 including the 17 custom French Fusilier's I made) look puny compared to yours. I must well done!

I'm guessing you've been collecting for a long time?

I started collecting in 2006, and ironically it began with me and Bonaparte bidding for Red and Blue Napoleonic armies over at Classic-Castle, which didn't materialize. And when Bonaparte posted his army over here at Eurobricks I joined to post my army as well. Back then we also had Mosana making his stunning decals, wish he'd come back.

I've stopped expanding my French army a long time ago, but this brings back a lot of good memories.

Why did you stop?

I have seen also the Prusssian and (not public) the British Army. How many figs do you own in total?

Woody64

Combined I have 501 troops; 263 French, 238 Allied.

I started collecting in 2006, and ironically it began with me and Bonaparte bidding for Red and Blue Napoleonic armies over at Classic-Castle, which didn't materialize. And when Bonaparte posted his army over here at Eurobricks I joined to post my army as well. Back then we also had Mosana making his stunning decals, wish he'd come back.

I was not aware you were also bidding on that army at CC. It's already some time ago, my memory is probably a bit faded. Who was winning the deal before it all got canceled by the seller?

Why did you stop?

I concluded my French army was big enough for any future diorama and/or MOCing needs.

However, I'm still collecting another army faction which is growing nicely. I'm not going to share any details at this point because I don't want to see certain figs go up in price on BL/eBay :pir-tongue:

I was not aware you were also bidding on that army at CC. It's already some time ago, my memory is probably a bit faded. Who was winning the deal before it all got canceled by the seller?

I had put in a full offer for the Blue army, while I believe you had offered for all three before he stopped responding.

Nice army indeed, I added it to the Pirates Army index too.

Thanks for sharing :thumbup: .

I plan to add more line Infantry as well as cavalry. I also would like to build up my Prussian army in order to recreate part of the Jena-Auerstedt Campaign.

I plan to add more line Infantry as well as cavalry. I also would like to build up my Prussian army in order to recreate part of the Jena-Auerstedt Campaign.

Do you have a goal on how many you want? 500etc.

I'd like to have 40 more French line Infantry making the total 200 line Infantry, as well as a regiment of Hussars and possibly some Chevau-Légers (Lancers). As for the Prussians, I'd like for them to at least equal my French army in size.

What I would someday LOVE to see is your army and Bonaparte's army both combined for a couple photos. Or for a LEGO show. That would be amazing being that together you two have over 577 men!