18 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I'm not the best with words, so I'll let the images speak for themselves. :tongue:

shop.lego.com/product/?p=852769

$17.99 USD/$24.99 CAD

vintage_fig_collection_5_001r.jpg

Group shot.

Comparison images:

(new figs are on the left)

vintage_fig_collection_5_002r.jpg

Forestwoman (torso is a darker colour, though mine could just be faded from age)

vintage_fig_collection_5_003r.jpg

Doctor (as you can see, the new pigtail piece sits higher on the head than the older one)

vintage_fig_collection_5_004r.jpg

Flight Attendant (Original head is in poor condition, I know, but it still shows the differences)

vintage_fig_collection_5_006r.jpg

EDIT:

vintage_fig_collection_5_006br.jpg

Actress (pupils are slightly larger, hair printing is reddish brown)

vintage_fig_collection_5_007r.jpg

vintage_fig_collection_5_008r.jpg

Ninja Princess (I don't have any pieces from the original Ninja Princess, so it's just her with and without the cowl)

vintage_fig_collection_5_009r.jpg

vintage_fig_collection_5_010.jpg

No printing on neck, indent on arms.

I'm a bit disappointed in a couple of pieces, but overall I'm quite satisfied, and would highly recommend purchasing it. 9/10

Edited by Sir Dano
Indexed and poll added

Thanks for the quick review Sir Dano. I bought the set and i like that one minifigure has a back printing that says Lego.

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about that. Pic added, thanks for reminding me. :)

Not sure if the forestwoman print inconsistency is because of fading or because printing was just less consistent in those days... whichever it is, though, I'd say the new one is better, if only because it matches the typical green (LEGO's Dark Green) a lot better.

The face print of the flight attendant is indeed different, but I have at least three variations on that same head at home, so any inconsistencies are to be expected. Perhaps your head is different than the original flight attendant's? (I have no idea what set the flight attendant originally came in, so I can't say).

The Actress face has also had quite a few iterations, so I can't say for certain whether it's changed all that much. The mouth on yours seems to have odd placement. I'm glad that LEGO parts today have better-aligned printing on multicolor printed parts.

And the Ninja Princess certainly has a horrendous visage. I missed that set too, so I had never gotten a detailed look at that print before, but yikes! Cross-eyed much?

Nice to see a review of this! I never get these packs, but it's always nice to see the offerings anyhow!

Nice! These figs are really cool, and the quality doesn't seem that bad. BTW, how much did it cost?

The face print of the flight attendant is indeed different, but I have at least three variations on that same head at home, so any inconsistencies are to be expected. Perhaps your head is different than the original flight attendant's? (I have no idea what set the flight attendant originally came in, so I can't say).

I just went by what head Bricklink said it had, as I don't have the original fig, just the same head that was used.

The mouth on yours seems to have odd placement.

Huh, I never noticed that until you pointed it out. :laugh:

And the Ninja Princess certainly has a horrendous visage. I missed that set too, so I had never gotten a detailed look at that print before, but yikes! Cross-eyed much?

The original isn't as bad:

3626bpx3.jpg

Nice! These figs are really cool, and the quality doesn't seem that bad. BTW, how much did it cost?

shop.lego.com/product/?p=852769

$17.99 USD/$24.99 CAD

Edited by Sir Dano

Thanks for the visual review. Any chance of them being sold at Toys'r'Us?

Thanks Sir Dano for sharing this review. I will be hijacking this and moved to the right home, since I have prepared an index for it. Added a poll for you as well.

By the way, could you resize the images to slightly smaller, as some of them are over the 1000 mark.

Thanks.

WhiteFang

I'm horribly disappointed that the actress has that printing on her back... That's the only figure I don't have and would have liked an unmodified one. I may not snag this set after all... :thumbdown:

Steve

I'm horribly disappointed that the actress has that printing on her back... That's the only figure I don't have and would have liked an unmodified one. I may not snag this set after all... :thumbdown:

Steve

Really? I personally love, love, love the LEGO logo on her hoodie; I've wished for this specific minifig (or at least the torso) for a while because of that very feature, which was indeed on the back of the torso before, at least according to Peeron.