Captain Zuloo

Canberra Brick Expo 2010

BannerText-450.png

Canberra Brick Expo 2010

2010 is set to be a big year for Canberran LEGO fans, the first ever Brick Expo is launching!

Featuring rare and hard to find LEGO sets, custom built fan-created models, a great opportunity to purchase discontinued and rare LEGO sets from licenced resellers onsite and a great day out, Brick Expo 2010 is shaping up to be great fun for everyone involved.

We are currently accepting exhibitor and vendor applications for Brick Expo 2010. If you are interested in exhibiting models or taking a vendor position, please Contact Us.

Please visit our website for more details on the event.

We hope to see you there!

Cheers,

The Brick Expo Committee

MemberBricks-300.png

Sounds like alot of fun!

Would be awesome to come and hopefully meet some of the Aussie EBers there.

Good luck with your exibition Zuloo!

Sounds like alot of fun!

Would be awesome to come and hopefully meet some of the Aussie EBers there.

Good luck with your exibition Zuloo!

Thanks Ras! I hope you can make it down!

Sounds like a blast, hopefully I can make a visit.

If there are trains, my eldest son will be in heaven! :thumbup:

There'll be trains, at least 2 layouts. Any chance you might be interested in displaying some of your awesome work ISC?

Have fun to all that go. :laugh:

Sorry I can't make it this year. :sad: Have a great time meeting other Aussie Lego enthusiasts.

Good thing ISC posted in this thread just before I logged in otherwise I'd never have known this was even happening.

Have you had any advertising up anywhere to publicise the event?

Good luck for tommorow Cpt Zuloo,

Next year I'll make sure to make it to Brick Expo. I've been watching the preperations the Sydlug guys have been making on their email list, should be a great show.

Peter

Just arrived in Canberra for Brick expo. I can't wait to see my daughters face when she sees the display. She loves our little city at home.

Just arrived in Canberra for Brick expo. I can't wait to see my daughters face when she sees the display. She loves our little city at home.

Hope to meet some fellow brickers.

I would have come, but it takes a whole day to get from Melbourne to Canberra :thumbdown:

Maybe I'll come in a few decades' time if this Melb-Syd high speed rail link gets built.

I'd say BrickExpo was a huge success!!! I had to wait in line for over an hour to get in! *huh* But it was well worth it.

Big thank you to all the people who organised, volunteered and exhibited! I overheard many people commenting (even little kids!) how it was worth waiting in the queue for!

BrickExpo queue infront of me!!!

IMG_1110.jpg

BrickExpo queue behind me!!!!

IMG_1111.jpg

I'd say it was a successful event! :wink:

Holy crap, what a turnout.

I got there at 11 and figured there were somewhere between 700-800 people just in the line and it wasn't moving real quick. Had a 3 month old in the carrier and a commitment at 12.30 so figured I'd come back later. Made it back at 3 and there were still 200+ in the line and took a half hour to get in. You pretty much had to wait for people to come out before you could get in due to space restraints in the room.

Some pretty awesome setups in there though, well worth the wait. Didn't bother with the camera as there were too many people around to get any decent shots.

I'll be putting together a layout for next year for sure. I've got a ton of classic town sets that I didn't see there and should be able to whip up a decent pirate scene too with a heap of Mocs and original pirate sets.

Let us know about it! brickexpo@gmail.com

I'll be putting together a layout for next year for sure. I've got a ton of classic town sets that I didn't see there and should be able to whip up a decent pirate scene too with a heap of Mocs and original pirate sets.

What an unbeleivable turnout,at times It was so packed I could'nt get near my own little display,(I had the Railway Station)

Speaking to Steve the previous day he said to me he hoped to get around 500 people through the doors for it to be a success.LOL I think 20mins after opening that was achieved.

I remember around 2.00 getting some fresh air on the balcony and seeing people still streaming in to be met by a cue an hour long.

The mix of lego fantatics truly stunned and amazed me.The exhibition wasnt as huge as the turnout thats for sure but I dont think anyone could of predicted the tidal wave of Lego enthusiast that hit and it was surly a case of quality versus quantity as what was on display was awsome.

What also surpised me was the number of afol's just like myself that had come out of the darkages in the last year.

Actually it was my first display And I'll definately be doing alot more.Bigger and Better after being inspired by some fantastic builders.

I didnt get a chance to take any photo's but thousands did and am sure we will be seeing lots on the net in days to come.

Edited by aZz

Wow, I'm thrilled to see such a turnout! It's great to see that there's no shortage of visitors to Australian LEGO events! Also I've had a look at the photos and the standard of the models on display was very high. Well done to all those who took part :thumbup:

Wow, looks like an awesome event. Sorry i missed it, but i only found out about it the week before. :sad: Oh well, next year, right? Will it still be in Canberra, or somewhere else? (Come to Melb, come to Melb! :grin: )

Sounds like a very successful event. Any indication of how many people came through the doors?

Wow, looks like an awesome event. Sorry i missed it, but i only found out about it the week before. :sad: Oh well, next year, right? Will it still be in Canberra, or somewhere else? (Come to Melb, come to Melb! :grin: )

Gabe, Melbourne has its own convention. Cpt Zuloo and some of the other Brickexpo exhibitors displayed at the last Brickvention, and I hope they will again next year. BTW we have now finalised a date for BV - 20-22 January in our new bigger venue: Melbourne Town Hall

Edited by peterab

Aw, for srs? Would you believe it, but i'm going to be in Brisbane for three weeks from the 19th of Jan next year?? :cry_sad: But the event sounds amazing, i'll have to put that on the calender for 2012!

Edited by gabe

@gabe - Brick Expo will be held the first weekend of August in Canberra in 2011.

@peterab - we had somewhere between 4,800 and 5,000 people come through the door, a far bigger turnout than any of us were expecting!:classic: