Sign in to follow this  
Big Pete

[UK] More free Lego from Mirror Newspaper (Racers theme)

Interesting, I may have to get some of these, but they're not nearly as good as the City or Star Wars ones. All the same, cheap Lego!

What's the thing the boy is holding? It looks like a box, but the car on it isn't one featured there...

:hmpf: I want free Lego :cry_sad:

So these are the promos that are in the 2010 Racers topic.

Edited by prateek

Ah-ehm...

7801 and 7802 have been available in the U.S. since late 2009 December. Just check eBay, there are a few around.

And, English and Irish get free Lego. The rest of Europe has to pay, just like any other continent.

Once again Europe gets exclusive sets that the USA will never see and yet Europeans complain when the USA gets new sets 3 days earlier.

Well, I do need more cat litter. I'm running out of pirates calendars....

Nice to see another Mirror promo on the horizon. Pity it's Racers, it's a theme I'm not that interested in, but it'll be an easy source of parts. Also nice to have some warning this time, I missed the first couple of ones both last times, thanks!

They keep using the same kid. Wonder who he is.

Edited by Dunjohn

Interesting why can't Australian Newspapers score something like this eh ? :angry:

Good cheap parts source that's for sure, by the images they have a pretty good parts count for a cost of a paper.

Well we'll wait now for the reviews to start next week right ? :grin:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Interesting why can't Australian Newspapers score something like this eh ? :angry:

Good cheap parts source that's for sure, by the images they have a pretty good parts count for a cost of a paper.

Well we'll wait now for the reviews to start next week right ? :grin:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I agree. I haven't seen a Lego promotion like this since the Creator sets released with biscuits (or something) two or so years ago.

Not really a Racers fan, though if I saw these, I'll probably get them.

Ah-ehm...

7801 and 7802 have been available in the U.S. since late 2009 December. Just check eBay, there are a few around.

And, English and Irish get free Lego. The rest of Europe has to pay, just like any other continent.

Yeah, those two stood out me instantly, I have them. They were the seasonal Impulse sets at Target during Christmas.

I haven't seen a Lego promotion like this since the Creator sets released with biscuits (or something) two or so years ago.

I'm pretty sure it was LIFE cereal, or maybe some granola bar company.

Edited by indianajones

Ah-ehm...

And it's not really free. The paper is really cheap in the UK, but it costs a bit more here in Ireland and you pay extra for "postage" too if you send off for them (collecting them from Smyth's toy store can be awkward if you aren't near one). I would think that for these racer sets, they aren't actually worth the money you'd have to spend.

I still haven't got my City sets, even though they banked the money. :hmpf: I'll pass.

Call them if you're worried, I did that for the first city ones and they just took a while as they had to order more sets from lego. Very popular

Anyway I will pass on these this time, Racers isn't my thing. The reason why we get it is because so many U.K fans buy the newspaper when it has these lego offers. With the Star Wars one, we had to go into 4 different shops before finding a place where they wern't soldout once. Then go back to smiths.

And it's not really free. The paper is really cheap in the UK, but it costs a bit more here in Ireland and you pay extra for "postage" too if you send off for them (collecting them from Smyth's toy store can be awkward if you aren't near one). I would think that for these racer sets, they aren't actually worth the money you'd have to spend.

Agreed. By the time I buy a terrible paper, and pay postage (I don't have time/money for going to smyth's each day) these work out at just even with or worse than polybags. Not that I'm complaining :tongue: it's great to be able to grab some of the unusual ones...

God Bless,

Nathan

Daily Mirror's (UK) latest Lego give away - details - Coupon redemption at TOYS 'R' US or TESCO or there is a postal option for the whole set with 4 coupons + £6.50.

The sets are:

Saturday - Lego Le Mans

Sunday - Lego tiny turbo

Monday - Lego rally racer

Tuesday - Lego truck

Wednesday - Lego tow truck

Thursday - Lego off-road racer

Friday - Lego collectors box

Saturday - playmat - inside the paper

Sunday - stickers - inside the paper

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lego/tsandcs/

Edited by gritts

Really annoyed that they have dropped WHSmiths from the collect on the day option and switched it to ruddy Tesco :hmpf_bad: I actually had the early part of my morning planned carefully to pop into WHSmith's when I had ten minutes and was well annoyed on discovering they were not issuing the Lego this time around.

My few local Smiths were pretty good with previous promos, usually finding me a couple of extra sets or even previous days ones I had missed, you have a snowball in hell's chance of the all conquering Tesco playing the same game, in fact I would be very surprised given previous experience with them if they even have the correct one for the day.

Manager to checkout sixteen please, does anyone know anything about this free Lego?
Edited by jmupton2000

Really annoyed that they have dropped WHSmiths from the collect on the day option and switched it to ruddy Tesco :hmpf_bad: I actually had the early part of my morning planned carefully to pop into WHSmith's when I had ten minutes and was well annoyed on discovering they were not issuing the Lego this time around.

My few local Smiths were pretty good with previous promos, usually finding me a couple of extra sets or even previous days ones I had missed, you have a snowball in hell's chance of the all conquering Tesco playing the same game, in fact I would be very surprised given previous experience with them if they even have the correct one for the day.

Tesco get the Lego toys delivered in a box with the newspapers.

I was up & in Tesco before the papers were on the rack this morning, the lad had to go through to the back & dig them out for me.

Managed to get 2 models with 1 paper (Did the same yesterday too :thumbup: )

Well you had more success than I did. I went to the Tesco Metro this afternoon (Sunday) and when I asked for my free Lego, both the checkout girls and the manager knew absolutely nothing about it!! This was despite the fact that the paper clearly states that the smaller Metro and Express stores are stocking them.

Not going well so far....