Sign in to follow this  
kcebcire

RGS MOD/MOC

gallery_101_23_281.gif

First mod/moc ive posted on here, been trolling the forum for a bit looking at ll the amazing things people have cooked up.

Heres a few teaser picks of my WIP Republic Gunship...

IMG_0700copy.jpg

IMG_0699copy.jpg

IMG_0696copy.jpg

NICE!

Interesting color scheme; will you have custom clone troopers to go with it? The four engines are a nice addition, gives it a little more punch when needs be. I noticed a lot more armament on yours. That's something that always bothered me about the version LEGO made. I have never really looked at the actual blueprints for this ship, even though I think I have them in a book somewhere in the LEGO room, but a gunship is meant to be just that. A ship full of guns! I like what you did with the nose. The scanners and lights in the front are great, I might borrow that idea at some point.

Looking forward to seeing more pics when this is done!

Great gunship you have there 'kcebcire' - guns, guns and more guns - COOL ! :devil:

Four engines - what you can't out gun you outrun, but hey all those guns - yeah right runaway - NOT ! :devil:

Fantastic design job you have done and I'm a conformist! 'kcebcire' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

The nose and the four engines are my favorites as well. :thumbup:

I look forward to seeing your completed model! The next time you post pictures, thoughl, would you mind making them smaller? They can be a real trouble to some people's computers.

This looks really cool in red, especially with all those badass guns too :thumbup:

So you decided to through republic white out the window and go with evil red(or coast gaurd red but I don't think that's what you had in mind :tongue:),I like it and I echo other members thoughts on the added firepower, it looks sweet :sweet: .

First of all, welcome to Eurobricks! Great MOC/MOD :thumbup:

It looks really menacing in red and with all those additional weapons.

The four engines is a great find and that counts as well for the wingtip weapons.

Make sure to post more pictures when finished.

Thanks everyone!

Ill try and make the pictures smaller, and when i finally finish it, ill take them in better quality.

I got bored with the basic white color scheme, and reds my favorite color, so i just changed it. I always felt it needed more weapons, so i added those as well. as soon as i get around to it, ill add some detail shots of them. After all, it is a gunship, though its always portrayed as more of a troop carrier.

im going to make a little base for it, too, since i leave it displayed.

You've been trolling the forums? I don't think that's something to brag about. :look:

Anyway, neat gunship. Looks very powerful. Put some (trans) lime green on there and some propellers and you've got yourself an atlantisified RGS. :tongue:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Looks nice; would it be possible to see a 'distance' shot of the whole thing?

Rufus, once i get all the parts together needed for completion, i will be taking more pics for sure, especially a whole model shot!

Welcome to EB kcebcire!

It is a nice MOC you created. The red reminds me of the Republic Cruiser that I really like.

Red is not to often used as colour for spaceships.

Nice idea to build it heavily loaded with weapons.

Do you got the original RGS (latest version)? When it is done, can you take comparrision pictures of them both?

Hrm, I seem to be the only one that is not completely enamored with it.

First, the good. I love the color scheme. I think it works well. I also like the doubled engines. They look fantastic. The extras on the nose are a nice touch.

What I don't care for are the extra armaments. Then agian, I've never been a big fan of overloading a vehicle with tons of extra weapons. It just seems to be overboard, at least to me.

Don't let me stop you from finishing your work, though kcebcire. Most of it is very good, and I might change my mind when I see an overall shot.

Welcome to EB kcebcire!

It is a nice MOC you created. The red reminds me of the Republic Cruiser that I really like.

Red is not to often used as colour for spaceships.

Nice idea to build it heavily loaded with weapons.

Do you got the original RGS (latest version)? When it is done, can you take comparrision pictures of them both?

I agree. Red is hardly used, its always grey, black, white... and i prefer red.

I DID have the original(latest version), however, it donated a very many good part to this one. Ill be sure to post a comparo pic for you.

Walter, hopefully you will change your mind, because i didnt overload it, just made a gunship, well, a gunship. haha. once you see an overall shot, hopefully you will like it as much as i do.

Edited by kcebcire

I really like this, all the greebley designs make it look really star warsish, but I do have one suggestion, did you happen to pick up 7143 Jedi Starfighter If you did, you should use the red wing pieces for the back, It would go better with the red.

I really like this, all the greebley designs make it look really star warsish, but I do have one suggestion, did you happen to pick up 7143 Jedi Starfighter If you did, you should use the red wing pieces for the back, It would go better with the red.

whats a greebley design?

I picked up those red wings on bricklink, and as soon as they get here, will be installed! its still a WIP... haha.

I'm usually not on board with the changining of anything really on SW ships becasue I feel I'm a pursit in this manner, but I actually like the Red color scheme and those dual engines. I can't wait to see it completed.

update.. if you guys are still interested anyway?

Its about 90% finished, and i took a bunch of photos, ill post them as soon as i find my USB...

whats a greebley design?

Greebles are all the little fiddly elements people put on to add details. And example would be the flat sides of 10030 or the Midi Falcon. On your model, the small elements you used in place of the wing ball guns would be greebles.

Greebles are all the little fiddly elements people put on to add details. And example would be the flat sides of 10030 or the Midi Falcon. On your model, the small elements you used in place of the wing ball guns would be greebles.

ahhh perfect, thank you. yes, i included lots of greebles haha. pics ASAP!

Overall shots...

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

Nose...

IMG_0784.jpg

Engines detail..

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0764.jpg

Wingtip ion cannons...

IMG_0763.jpg

Side detail... And replacement of bacta tank with anti-personnel, dual-blaster emplacements...

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

Rear...

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

Interior...

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

I removed the speeder bike from the troop bay, so i built my own matching speeder and replaced the silly command center thing as its hanger..

IMG_0780.jpg

The new speeder...

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

And finally, my "custom" crew, the dark red/body armour is the pilot/captain, the other two are gunners, one in the rear, the other in the front cockpit.

IMG_0792.jpg