Sign in to follow this  
Joebot

[Comic] Unlikely Society -- Chapter 26

Hey everyone, I just finished up the latest chapter of my ongoing, never-ending, sporadically updated Lego superhero comic, the Unlikely Society.

This chapter kicks off a new three-party story arc called "A New Hero in Town."

And just who is this new hero??

chap26teaser.jpg

As always, thanks for reading, and please let me know what you think!

Also, just out of curiosity, would there be an interest from you guys if I started a blog, where I could keep you updated on the status of upcoming chapters? I don't know much about RSS feeds and so forth, so I'd have to do a little research. Just wondering if there was any interest in that sort of thing. Thanks!

-Joebot

At first I thought this was Lieutenant Lightspeed, coming back for a better part.

I saw him in the cast list, he appears to be an interesting character.

Why is everyone they meet a complete dick? Other than that, another great opening to what promises to be another great story arch!

Why is everyone they meet a complete dick?

HA! That's funny. I'm not really sure why. I guess I just like writing characters that are dicks. What does that say about me????

I think the real answer is probably that I've been too heavily influenced by Alan Moore's "Watchmen." Moore's vision of superheroes is extremely cynical. His take seems to be that anyone who dresses up in a costume for the purpose of beating up criminals is either psychotic or deranged. Or, as you put it ... a dick. :classic:

Another excellent Comic, well done.

Commander Awesome reminds me of a one time bartender in my town. He had a name tag that said "Captain Awesome" and he was a complete tool. So maybe my bias against arrogant guys who think they are awesome will cause me to dislike Commander Awesome. I'll try to keep a open mind though. He may turn our to truly be the awesome one.