Sign in to follow this  
Ryxe

St. Bart´s basilica

indexed.gif

Hi,

My name is Michal Horáček, I´m from Czech Republic.

This church was built for the exhibition of Czech AFOLS held in Roztoky u Prahy. It represent a town basilica with two towers, which will be standing in a town part of joint Castle project.

Visit My Website

post-8950-1265444238.jpg

Lovely basilica. In particular, the roof is simply wonderful. You've employed a number of excellent techniques to make this little basilica stand out. I'm also fond of the colour scheme. The use of tan to break up the otherwise grey basilica is nicely done. In fact, the only 'shortcoming' is the size. The particular design you've chosen is very indicitive of a large cathedral making this fine MOC look a bit pint-sized for a minifig. The two towers look quite nice, but I would consider going with a single larger tower like DNL did with his amazing cathedral and possibly extending the basilica in length if possible.

Great work.

Catherals are wonderful buildings and yours is pretty good. I also think the tan lines going across looks good to break it up as blueandwhite said. It is a bit small yet well done! :classic:

Nice one. I really like the shape of the walls and supports, as well as all of the wall details and roof pattern. The spire on top is a nice touch.

Is there an interior? I would love to see the stained glass windows and an altar. These things are essential to cathedral MOCs, I think.

A great basilica/cathedral MOC. The roof and the walls are great, down to the towers, where I think the tan doesn't work out.

The detail is impressive. I especially like the roofing as well as the pillars on the highest front portions.

I've never seena building like this before.