Sign in to follow this  
MrBrick&BoB

Grimmhavn

Wow, this is impressive! :thumbup: I hadn't seen this before, so I'm glad you joined Eurobricks to show this massive layout. And welcome! There are very nice architectural details, it looks great from the outside. I especially like the inside of Grimmhavn, with a crouded market and a lot of medieval action going on. The little medieval scenes are nice touches. The windmill looks very nice, so does the environment. It's tough making a detailed environment in a big layout, but you've managed to do it very well. The angled rocks are great. There's even a well detailed cave in there. I'm not a big fan of the tiled seawater, but I know it's always hard to decide how to make water in LEGO bricks. But that doesn't make it less impressive. Again, great job! I'm looking forward to your project of 2010, what do you have in mind for it? :sweet:

Edited by Matn

Frontpage>Moc Expert badge, coming your way! (I bet.)

Welcome to Eurobricks! :tongue:

That's quite a lot of blue tiles you have. I really love the whole thing. The ship's a little weird but the buildings and the windmill especially look great! Really nice port!

Edited by Darth Legolas

Very nice port :thumbup: I love the messy and busy medieval look of the city.

Are you going to Fanwelt in Köln in November?

Maybe we could make a big combined castle themed layout together if you are coming? I plan to attend fanwelt with a medieval layout that will be around 200x150 studs, but i haven't started building or planned anything yet so the size could be a little smaller or even larger.

Our landscape styles fit quete well together, so we should be able to make a pretty impressive layout. My layout will look a bit like this one i built last summer, but wil be bigger.

Send me a PM if you're interested :classic:

Hi DNL

Sorry i can´t send a pm yet.

This moc doesn´t exist anymore. A few weeks ago i have disassemble it.

Köln is too far for me. But when the 1000 Steine Land is back in Berlin, i will be there.

Sprichst du deutsch? Das würde alles etwas einfacher machen.

Greetz from east germany.

BoB

THE BRICK TIME

Welcome to Eurobricks! - and the frontpage!

Your MOCs have already been featured on EB, tribute to your outstanding building skills!

We discussied Grimmhavn here and the Admiral Benbow Inn here.

I would normally merge this with the other thread, but as you're the original creator, I'll let it stand as it is.

Sorry i can´t send a pm yet.

Members under 10 posts can't send PMs, but I've enabled them for you :wink:

Oh, thats a honour for us.

I didn´t see that, although i read in this forum since some months. :laugh:

Sorry. I post about the "Admiral Benbow" inn a few seconds ago.

Oh, thats a honour for us.

I didn´t see that, although i read in this forum since some months. :laugh:

Sorry. I post about the "Admiral Benbow" inn a few seconds ago.

No problem; we only had the original version of the Benbow, but you've posted the updated one :wink:

Welcome to Eurobricks, I am very happy to see this updated version of Grimmhavn.

Both the mill, the huge wallbuilding and the streets, as well as the water and nature surrounding it, are dripped in details. I can sure understand you won a prize with this.

You can sure be very proud of yoursel(f/ves).

PS: Good eye for being so fast to frontpage this, Slyowl!

COOL

WONDERFUL

AWESOME

FANTASTIC

In fact all the above 'MrBrick&Bob' - what a way to make an entrance eh ? :grin:

Your design is one of the most detailed MOC's I have ever seen (sad to hear it's gone though) ! :sweet::grin::laugh:

More comming I hope.....So I'm a conformist! 'MrBrick&Bob'....I'm a conformist! ! :sweet::grin::laugh:

WOW I would love to be able to build such a big MOC! This thing is huge! I am jealous of the amount of blue tiles you own! There are so many amazing details, to much to name them all! Outstanding

Wow, just... wow. This is truly an outstanding, exemplary MOC, packed with detail in both architecture and the hustle and bustle of the streets. Absolutely amazing! :thumbup: :thumbup:

~Peace

Welcome to Eurobricks! - and the frontpage!

Your MOCs have already been featured on EB, tribute to your outstanding building skills!

We discussied Grimmhavn here and the Admiral Benbow Inn here.

I would normally merge this with the other thread, but as you're the original creator, I'll let it stand as it is.

Members under 10 posts can't send PMs, but I've enabled them for you :wink:

MOC Expert and Frontpage. I am psychic. :tongue: Though I think we can all say that, this is a great MOC! Outstanding!

Edited by Darth Legolas

The details really make this MOC stand out! MOCs of this size are not uncommon, but the street view is simply stunning. It's busy, cluttered and full of action. I'm not too fond of the tiles for water but everything else is stellar. It's really nice to see a Castle MOC set beside the sea.

Hah! I saw this on FlickR, and it inspired me to register on this forum. I'm surprised you hadn't been registered already.

That said, it's fantastic, what inspired you to do such a piece--conceptually and so forth?

This is a creation I've seen before, but it's nice to look at such a good build again. I personally like the smooth look of the tiled water, and in this case the way the light reflects off it.

This is impressive in both size and attention to detail. Thanks for sharing!

That is a stunning creation! I've seen it before, but that doesn't keep me from seeing it again! Fantastic work!

The water looks nice, and my favorite part is the windmill! :thumbup:

Keep building! :cry_happy:

I really like the street busy view. :wub:

That is done really great.

Too bad you're not teaming up with DNL yet, your MOC styles are really complementary in my opinion.

Hope to see some more castle creations.

Kind regards,

Teddy