Sign in to follow this  
Voodoo Hand

3221 and Voodoo Hand's Truck

hmm... on that page i found a pic that seems very vermilliar to me....

Picture I found

My own version dated back to 2005

Again they steal something from me?

Probably not considering that your truck looks more like this truck which came out in 1997.

2148-1-969507700.jpg

The new truck really doesn't look like the one you linked to at all (other than colour). Now, it could be that LEGO was inspired by the Imagination Celebration Truck, but I don't think you need to worry about LEGO is steeling your ideas.

Moreover, this is probably the wrong thread for this topic.

Probably not considering that your truck looks more like this truck which came out in 1997.

2148-1-969507700.jpg

The new truck really doesn't look like the one you linked to at all (other than colour). Now, it could be that LEGO was inspired by the Imagination Celebration Truck, but I don't think you need to worry about LEGO is steeling your ideas.

Moreover, this is probably the wrong thread for this topic.

the truck is from that time yeah, but i was referring to the trailer. Which I made specially for that truck. First in real lego, then redid it in MLCAD.

hmm.. ill look around for exact dates...

EDIT:

date is set to 1/23/2005, 11:36 PM (of my own version)

Edited by Voodoo Hand

What are you talking about? It's just an enclosed trailer. There is no really innovative technique included in that really, i think. Both your truck and the new official one have designs that are simple, but yet looking realistic. I don't think at all you can consider that "stealing" :sadnew:

Don't you just love it when people keep on claiming that LEGO has stolen some "design" from them... And they actually believe it - most of the time!

Don't you just love it when people keep on claiming that LEGO has stolen some "design" from them... And they actually believe it - most of the time!

Thats why we must be extra cautious when presenting a moc, to blurry the pictures or something...we don't want Lego to copy us! :classic:

Thats why we must be extra cautious when presenting a moc, to blurry the pictures or something...we don't want Lego to copy us! :classic:

I think that :classic: should be changed to :grin:

I'm sorry, but your trailer is just another trailer and there are probably a lot of other people that have MOC'ed a very similar design.

the truck is from that time yeah, but i was referring to the trailer. Which I made specially for that truck. First in real lego, then redid it in MLCAD.

hmm.. ill look around for exact dates...

EDIT:

date is set to 1/23/2005, 11:36 PM (of my own version)

No. Lego is not stealing your designs. Its just a simple enclosed box trailer. Nothing really special. There's not a whole lot you can do to change that.

Agreed, simple yellow trailer. It doesn't take a genius to combine that with a yellow truck. Besides TLG's design has opening side doors as a distinctive feature, which yours doesn't have.

If the design were unique, perhaps it would be stealing. However, there are many design points that LEGO's version has which yours lacks (and the other way round)--the only thing they really have in common is their being a big yellow box.

Again they steal something from me?

Out of curiosity . . . what else do you think LEGO "stole" from you?