Sign in to follow this  
Bonaparte

End of Paradise

When the Spanish conquistador Hernán Cortés de Monroy y Pizarro, 1st Marqués del Valle de Oaxaca landed on the shores of the Aztec Empire, the end of paradise was near. Spanish infantry is arriving on the beaches while Cortés oversees the operation accompanied by his dogs. Aztec natives are watching the arriving conquistadors from the jungle.

End-of-Paradise1.jpg

End-of-Paradise2.jpg

End-of-Paradise3.jpg

* Credit to the ones who invented snot water and brick build birds (I have no clue who first invented these but I guess SlyOwl has something to do with the birds).

Vey simple but with deep meaning. The natives back in the shadows, give this MOC depth. The only thing that would make it better would be sad or dissapointed faces for the natives, but that would be really hard to pull off.

I've just been watching Appocolypto and the The Mission recently and this whole scene has a lot of meaning. It's the spark for the fall of several civilazations and many cultures and something that is very important I find in American history. It's sad though because so many terrible things happened to these people. Really good scene and great job capturing it.

Nice minifigs, nice flag. It's a rather good MOC, especially if you know how important this meeting was.

I believe I have also spotted the ancestors of Capt. Greenhair and Commodore Hornbricker, so they seem to be related somehow (both spanish ancestors)...how ironic :pir_laugh2:

Well this isn't what I expected! (What did I expect? Not sure, but it wasn't this! :pir-tongue: ) Very nicely done scene and well photographed too! It's a shame though that there aren't more Aztec styled figs.

It'll be the Island of the Dogs soon...

The only thing that would make it better would be sad or dissapointed faces for the natives, but that would be really hard to pull off.

At this point in time the natives where just surprised and curious, the sad and disappointed faces came soon after.

I've just been watching Appocolypto and the The Mission recently and this whole scene has a lot of meaning. It's the spark for the fall of several civilazations and many cultures and something that is very important I find in American history. It's sad though because so many terrible things happened to these people. Really good scene and great job capturing it.

Thanks! I also say and loved Apocalypto. It would be great if more historical movies where made. But I had never heard about that movie "The Mission" so I did some checking and this might be one I really have to watch. The hunt for it's DVD has started!

Nice minifigs, ...

I'm a huge fan of the Spanish sub-theme. Too bad we didn't get any decent sets, but we did get those awesome figs. My most favorite one is the Spanish soldier with the little metal plate under his head (the ones on the left and right in this MOC). I just love their torso's and their awesome helmet :pir-wub:

A nice beach side creation, you can feel the tension in the air.

Thanks! It's nothing compared to your large entry beach side creation though. But since I'm planning some land based MOCs (as soon as I finish 2 more ships) I used this opportunity to experiment with some techniques I've seen in several MOCs already but never tried myself (like the snot water, beach, making realistic looking vegetation).

Well this isn't what I expected! (What did I expect? Not sure, but it wasn't this! :pir-tongue: ) Very nicely done scene and well photographed too! It's a shame though that there aren't more Aztec styled figs.

It'll be the Island of the Dogs soon...

Thanks! I kinda expected your entry to be like it was, but it still looks weird in the Pirates forum :pir-laugh:

Wow bonaparte, I love the story that goes along with your MOC. Very nice to add some history facts to a MOC. I really like the minifigs in this MOC, there are however some things I'd change:

- I'm not sure of the use of the grill tilles in the beach. These look a little bit out of place if you ask me.

- I really like the islanders in the back, but I think it would look better if these were more hidden from the conquisators. This could easily be done by adding some green bushes and plants.

I didn't know there was a Staff PTV II contest too!

Bart

- I'm not sure of the use of the grill tilles in the beach. These look a little bit out of place if you ask me.

I agree, but I didn't have enough tan tiles :pir-cry_sad:

They are scheduled to be ordered with some on my next BL order!

- I really like the islanders in the back, but I think it would look better if these were more hidden from the conquisators. This could easily be done by adding some green bushes and plants.

Yup, I was thinking the same when seeing the pics. In real life the jungle looks more dark which makes the Islanders look more hidden but on the pics the effect is different with all the light. If I wasn't so lazy I'd have added some vegetation and re-take the pics.

Check "The Mission", although it's older it kinda continues where "Apocalypto" stops ;-)

Nice MOC, conquistadors have been one of my favorite fractions also, a real pity we didn't get more of them! Admiral's breast plate was considered as the most precious piece in my collection, loooong time :-)

Greetz from Serbia!

:jollyroger:

Ah, finally I can see all of your Spanish Armadasoldiers into use (or at least a good part of them).

Very nice MOC, made of a very known scene.

The beach and jungle look great as well.

Much luck with the PTV Staff Contest.

I agree, but I didn't have enough tan tiles :pir-cry_sad:

I was just thinking I like the grill tiles, they break up the texture a little :thumbup:

An historic moment, preserved in ABS!

AWESOME MOC - with those Spainish soldiers - they are fantastic !

'Bonaparte' the job you have done on this is just amazing ! :pir_laugh2:

Nice work Tom! :thumbup:

I also like the grill plates as they indeed break up the pattern and I think the shadows from the shrubs work quite well for a lazy builder. :pir-wink:

I read some stuff about brick build birds, but I can't see them, are they also hiding in the shades?

I read some stuff about brick build birds, but I can't see them, are they also hiding in the shades?

You can see one in pic 2 and 3, right under the monkey's head :pir-classic:

A nice creation for sure Boney.

I like how people build water. I guess this is because I love water and the ocean.

This snot style with chanching from blue to light blue and over to white is really great.