Sign in to follow this  
Luke McAwesome

A World Lost to Nature - Discovered

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Discovered - A World Lost to Nature

"Doc, what is this place?" - The Lost World by Michael Crichton.

tlw_25.jpg

tlw_26.jpg

tlw_27.jpg

tlw_28.jpg

---

After their planning for over a year, making two modified research vehicles, purchasing equipment, and the one day trip by boat to get there, the team finally reaches the island. Thorne decides to stay back at the trailers to keep watch over the vehicles while the other four go searching for dinosaurs. What they find amazes them.

As the four approach a small stream in an opening in the vast jungle, they find not only beautiful scenery, but a dinosaur. A real living, breathing dinosaur!

It is enjoying it's lunch of leaves and plantlife.

"This is magnificent!" exclaims Eddie.

"Yeah, very beautiful, but you're forgetting that herbivores aren't the only occupants on this island, Eddie," says Sarah.

They watch in absolute amazement as Levine takes photos of the animal.

"What is this place?" asks Eddie.

"This... is what we've been looking for..." says Dr. Malcolm.

---

Opinions and comments appreciated. :wink:

Thanks for looking!

-Striker

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Nice work on the foliage... a really believable jungle scene.

Pretty good work on a jungle, I just don't like how close they are to the Triceratops, he would probably attack them if they would get near him so close!

Hello!

My favourite details are the small rivers in the scene. You arranged the transparent elements so that a lively flowing appears. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Pretty good work on a jungle, I just don't like how close they are to the Triceratops, he would probably attack them if they would get near him so close!

Well, actually, seeing as he isn't carnivorous, he probably wouldn't be as aggressive, thus being a bit more peaceful, and he'd most likely just continue eating his leaves and ignore them. :laugh: But of course, if, like in the film, they made any loud noises or sudden movements, he would be spooked, and then things could get nasty really quick.

But thanks for the comment. :grin:

Hello!

My favourite details are the small rivers in the scene. You arranged the transparent elements so that a lively flowing appears. :classic:

Thanks! :classic:

Great atmosphere here, the overgrowth of the plants looks natural as it is lush with vivacity. I think you captured that sense of wonder quite well!

Good work Striker! :thumbup: As others have said the foliage is great I love the scenery a lot! I wish I could make forests as well as you do but I guess I'm technology bound. :tongue: