pe668

TTCE: The Ghan

ENTERED

The Ghan is a passenger train operating between Adelaide, Alice Springs, and Darwin on the Adelaide-Darwin railway in Australia. Celebrating 80 years in 2009

Operated by Great Southern Railway and with locomotives provided by Pacific National, the journey takes 48 hours to travel the 2,979 kilometres (1850 miles).

The service's name is an abbreviated version of its previous nickname The Afghan Express, which comes from the Afghan camel trains that trekked the same route before the advent of the railway.

3933446070_6f0c9de771_o.jpg

More photos on Flicker

Wow, that's a really great rendition of the Ghan! It was instantly recognisable for me, and when I compared it with a real photo I saw that all the details were spot on. The only thing I don't like is how the decals at the front of the train are a bit distracting since they don't blend that well in with the surrounding bricks.

Anyway good work!

Damn you David! Building the exact same class loco as my train for the exact same contest... I can garuntee you that mine is better though. :tongue: Good job mate!

Very nice. I love the colors and the strength of this diesel locomotive. This would make a great single train engine Lego set. Nice work on the decals, esp. the larger one.

Excellent entry!

Impressive. Nice (snot) details. It looks really huge, and that only six wide.

Very nice.