Sign in to follow this  
JimBee

Skywalker Battle Pack

indexed.gif

Before I begin, I'd like to say that I know what you're all thinking: "What is this guy thinking, who would want a battle pack with a bunch of Anakins in it?". Well, I would, and I thought it would be something unique, however unrealistic it is. Hence my motivation for making this. This would include rare figs, chrome lightsabers, and a different speeder and meditation chamber, none of which you really see in battle packs.

3924516495_79e33a67d6.jpg

Go through the Skywalker time line! With this brand new battle pack, you can experience the Anakin Skywalker transformation like never before! From the innocent young Ani to the menacing Darth Vader, you can see how Anakin has changed throughout the Star Wars Saga! Speed around with Anakin's Swoop Bike, or place Vader in the Meditation Chamber! Includes Anakin's Swoop Bike, Vader's Meditation Chamber, and four different Anakins of different times!

3924515883_114e95b9a9.jpg

Includes Young Anakin Skywalker, Anakin Skywalker(Padawan), Anakin Skywalker (Knight), and Darth Vader. All lightsabers with shiny chrome hilts!

3925301962_3f73b166ec.jpg

Side view of the speeder. I spent a lot of time messing around trying to get those black poles on the bottom.

3925301348_2f5b122e7b.jpg

Rear view.

3925299848_d118838ee5.jpg

Meditation chamber. Yes, I used the design from the 6211 Imperial Star Destroyer, but I took off the white 2x2 plates on the inside of the black panels and added two trapezoid plates for the base.

70 pieces exactly.

Well, that's my entry, thanks for looking. Comments or questions welcome. You can see more of this on my Flickr page.

Did I have enough exclamation points in the S@H description? :grin:

Sorry, but this is nothing I would buy.

The design of the speederbike is interesting, but looks a bit strange. The back looks too big and the sticks in the front should be bent up a little more IMO. The chamber is cute, but with those giant holes in the sides, it's not great either. But since you already used the max number of pieces, there's nothing you can really do about that.

And why does Ep.II Anakin have a green lightsaber??

Just my honest thoughts. :classic:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Nice and it is different. I'll get a pack with lots of Anakins in it but I'm not sure whether I'll get more than one tho. With a more generic BP then people are more likely to buy multiple.

That aside it is a clever idea and well executed. The speeder has a Chopper feel about it.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. :classic:

What happened to CW Anakin?

Please don't swear. :tongue::wink:

Sorry, but this is nothing I would buy.

The design of the speederbike is interesting, but looks a bit strange. The back looks too big and the sticks in the front should be bent up a little more IMO.

I did experiment with the "sticks" (whatever they're called), and I thought that this was the best angle to have them in. Here's the reference pic:

movie13_bg.jpg

The chamber is cute, but with those giant holes in the sides, it's not great either. But since you already used the max number of pieces, there's nothing you can really do about that.

You're exactly right. I wanted to make the set a little more interesting by adding the chamber. It was just a small afterthought to fill up the space, so I wasn't about to make my speeder worse to make this better. Besides, I don't have any more of those plates. :tongue:

And why does Ep.II Anakin have a green lightsaber??

Have you seen Attack of the Clones? :tongue: In the fight between Anakin and Dooku, Anakin uses both his and Obi-Wan's borrowed lightsabers. Even though this part only lasts for a short while, I thought it would be cooler to have two.

Just my honest thoughts. :classic:

Much appreciated, thanks. :wink:

That aside it is a clever idea and well executed. The speeder has a Chopper feel about it.

I wouldn't get more than one, either. It's just a "dream" BP. Now that you mention it, it does sort of look like a Chopper, but I think that was the intent for the swoop bike to look like in the movie.

Really cool entry I like it. I really like how you thought outside the box for this contest and I really like how you gave EPII anakin the green lightsabre (thats one of my favourite fights). The meditation chamber looks great and so does the speeder. Your photos are quite light and retaking them would be much appreciated.

Good luck :thumbup:

Very nice. I like how you incorporated the Evolution idea that Hasbro has into your Lego Battle Pack. I really like Vaders mini-meditation chamber. It adds something to the set without being too big.

Looks cool SWMAN. Might not be ideal as army building battle pack, but this would make a great promotional or special edition pack which I'm sure would appeal to a lot of people. I would've like to have seen the meditation chamber fleshed out a bit more but I completely understand that you do what you can within the parts limit.

Good luck in the compo!

Awesome idea, but it doesn't really follow the battle pack theme.

Still, if it was real, I'd buy it. It's almost like the historic LEGO minifig sets LEGO ahs been producing.

Really cool entry I like it. I really like how you thought outside the box for this contest and I really like how you gave EPII anakin the green lightsabre (thats one of my favourite fights). The meditation chamber looks great and so does the speeder. Your photos are quite light and retaking them would be much appreciated.

Good luck :thumbup:

Thanks. The photos are light because I edited them that way. I agree that one or two of them (minfig shot) looks a little washed out, but I think the others look fine. I've been playing around with Paint.NET and trust me, these look waaay better than before I edited them. :wink:

I actually like these pictures a lot.

Very nice. I like how you incorporated the Evolution idea that Hasbro has into your Lego Battle Pack. I really like Vaders mini-meditation chamber. It adds something to the set without being too big.

Thanks, I never knew about Hasbro doing something like this (I don't pay attention to "toys" besides Lego).

Looks cool SWMAN.

Ahem. :tongue:

EDIT: I would like to ask everyone to please see the full size images by clicking on the black header on each photo. For some reason, the board automatically resized these to look "edgy" or pixilated.

EDIT: I would like to ask everyone to please see the full size images by clicking on the black header on each photo. For some reason, the board automatically resized these to look "edgy" or pixilated.

Don't worry Jim, it just depends on the display resolution of your monitor - they look grand on mine and probably a lot of other peoples too. All the same when browsing anyone's work you should always check it out at the size it's supposed to be if given the option!

Incidentally, try playing with the contrast setting in Paint.NET for a quick way to enhance your dark tones to make your photos less bleached and add depth. I've never used Paint.NET - I'm a staunch Photoshop user - but it's bound to have this basic option in there :wink:

Edited by pedro

Don't worry Jim, it just depends on the display resolution of your monitor - they look grand on mine and probably a lot of other peoples too. All the same when browsing anyone's work you should always check it out at the size it's supposed to be if given the option!

Incidentally, try playing with the contrast setting in Paint.NET for a quick way to enhance your dark tones to make your photos less bleached and add depth. I've never used Paint.NET - I'm a staunch Photoshop user - but it's bound to have this basic option in there :wink:

Thanks, I was using an older computer when I saw these images, so they look fine now.

I do use the contrast and brightness together, it's just that sometimes the pictures don't turn out. For some reason, when I adjust the brightness/contrast for one picture, those settings (say, 80 brightness and 30 contrast) are saved as "0" on photos that I work on next.

Rules Of Entry:

• 4 Minifigs - brickbuilt minifigs counts a minifig (no more, no less).
  • 50-70 Parts (minifigs not included).
  • Custom minifigs and accessories allowed (Brickforge, Brickarms and so forth).
  • No clone brand parts (megablocks, blocko and so forth).
  • No baseplates (or large parts like BURP).
  • S@H-like Description (check the descriptions on shop.lego.com for inspiration).
  • Own motivation for creating set (why these figs and accessories?).
  • Max 5 pictures from different angles - One of which should be a box diplay/image.
  • Please include a link to off-site folder with more pics or higher resolution pictures (optional).
  • Max picture resolution is 800x600.
  • No large parts - it's a Battle Pack and should resemble existing BP's in size and contents.
  • Only one entry per member.
  • 'Real' entries only - no digital entries.
  • Entry has to be a new MOC.

:thumbup:

Good luck Jim.