Sign in to follow this  
Joebot

[Comic] The conclusion to Robotopocalyse!

Hey everybody,

The next chapter of my ongoing superhero comic, the Unlikely Society, is finished and posted. This chapter wraps up the Robotopocalypse story. The previous chapter ended with Joebot seemingly having betrayed the team. Was he really a treacherous traitor? Will Killotron, the evil robot-pirate from the future, succeed in destroying the town with his Mt. Dew-fueled doomsday bomb??? Read on and find out!!

chap22teaser.jpg

As always, I apologize for the long delay between chapters. But this time I have a good excuse other than my usual laziness! I had to move my Lego town! It's still not quite all put back together, but it's getting there. I'll try to post some pictures of the gigantic mess it created.

Thanks for reading, and please let me know what you think!

-Joebot

Very nice. I really liked Lt. Lightspeed! I was hoping that he'd stay around, but I guess it wasn't to be so. I was also hoping that the ending would be more exciting. It seemed sort of anti-climatic. I mean, they just shot the villian, and fairly easily too, and then when it looked like they had a problem with the bom, Joebot saved them. And not with a scratch on him. I know it's a comedy, and I respect that, but even comedies can have a sad story, or some sort of climax. Your N-Vasion story ad it. So did Biker-Chics at least a it. The last two have kinda of fallen down at the end.

Just my 2 cents, still loving the series! Great editing as always, and great characters!

Very nice. I really liked Lt. Lightspeed! I was hoping that he'd stay around, but I guess it wasn't to be so. I was also hoping that the ending would be more exciting. It seemed sort of anti-climatic. I mean, they just shot the villian, and fairly easily too, and then when it looked like they had a problem with the bom, Joebot saved them. And not with a scratch on him. I know it's a comedy, and I respect that, but even comedies can have a sad story, or some sort of climax. Your N-Vasion story ad it. So did Biker-Chics at least a it. The last two have kinda of fallen down at the end.

Just my 2 cents, still loving the series! Great editing as always, and great characters!

Hey, Zepher, thanks for reading, and thanks for the feedback. That's a fair criticism. I find the endings to be tough to pull off. Part of the problem is simply that it's hard to do action scenes with mini-figs because you're fairly limited on the poses they can do. Not having knees or elbows is very limiting!!

I liked Lt. Lightspeed too, and I suspect he'll be back someday. :)

The next story is pretty much one big fight scene, so that'll be fun!

Nice conclusive chapter, Joebot.

Yes, the end was sort of anti-climatic, but it somehow reminds me of old western movies: the recurring final confrontation that ended with a single shot; most of the rest was atmosphere and music, and unfortunately it can't be rendered too well in comics format.

I'm sorry I missed for it this long, but I'm really happy I could find it on my coming back to EB after this two weeks away.

Can't wait to see what the next story-arc will bring us!

LuxorV

Excellent ending to a great story. Well done as usual.

I actually liked the ending, it leaves doors open for further story lines with the characters. It is not really a ending, just the end of a chapter.