Sign in to follow this  
wtorbeyns

TTCE: Donnerbüchse inspired coach

ENTERED

I hope this will be considered original enough to be entered into the contest. It's my first 'official' MOC an I don't want to hide that it has been inspired by some of the great MOC's that can be found on Brickshelf (here and here or here and there was another MOC I stole the idea of the use of the vertical grilled bricks from, but I can't find it right now). It's different from these MOC's in that it is 6 studs wide. I think that this width fits well with the rest of my rolling stock (untill now only official LEGO train sets). Also, any design I tried in seven studs wide used many more parts and was a lot more expensive.

My Lego collection is rather modest and contains hardly any green, so I tested the construction with whatever bricks I had, but designed it in LDD and ordered the parts from the LEGO factory. You might find it in the gallery in a couple of days. My username there is also 'wtorbeyns'. I received the parts today and put it together. It was mostly as I expected. I removed one layer of plates from the original design (something I considered before ordering the parts, but I thought it better to order the parts anyway).

The two sets of wheels can pivot slightly on a pin and they are connected to eachother by a rubber band. This way the coach moves easily trough all the normal curves and switches. I had to replace the couplings with the classic variant, as the newer couplings have a pin sticking out at the bottom that kept hitting a crossing on my track.

Regards, Wim

3852913663_217c230675_o.jpg

Interesting creation.

Indeed cool how you used the fins. I am not to sure about the size of the windows and the snot technique you used. They look a bit small to me and therefore the coach is a bit out of proportion.

But for your first MOC I would say :thumbup: Keep up the good work. If this is the first thing you have created on your own, then there is a lot more :classic:

Great work! The SNOT is brilliant. The only suggestion I have is this: there is no limit to length of your entry, so use that to your advantage! :classic: