Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Train Town 4

My fourth re-build of Train Town finds the interesting challenge of adding a modular structure, Cafe Corner, to the classic country town. Utilizing green roadplates as well as old Main Street, this new town infuses a horizontal Train Engine Shed bringing some balance to the scene with the tall Cafe Corner on the left. The new build also includes a sneak-peek of my token Train Tech Building Contest entry, a classic-style mining train (images will be shared later).

This isn't exactly how I wanted to integrate Cafe Corner, but I do plan to rebuild it again with a completely new look.

tt4f.jpg

I spy with my little eye, a load of MOTEE characters! :laugh:

This town looks great, it makes me wish I had the baseplates to make this kind of stuff. :cry_sad:

(I also was just using my imagination here, and I can see the Emerald Express wrecked by the game's "train shed". :grin:)

I spy with my little eye, a load of MOTEE characters! :laugh:

Yes, in fact this town is Willoughby (or at least some version of it). Good observation.

it makes me wish I had the baseplates to make this kind of stuff.

I do like the green baseplates. While I have more in old grey, I just like the extra color with the green. The picture doesn't do the town justice, but the trees and the cars look good with the green plates.

I notice with the expansion of this little community, the Farm has gone and has been replaced by a Hotel!

I guess that's what they call progress... :tongue:

Yeah that happens in every city, every green spot is filled with houses and hotels.

But back to the town. Good progress you made, Again I do think, considering the space you have that you did very well putting in a combination of sets and MOCs. Keep on the progress :thumbup: