03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

That's a very nice castle. :thumbup: The used techniques are very nice and your characteristic landscape is awesome! The base is also clever.

Nice to know I'm not the only one that rans out of grey so fast. So you keep all your creations built? :oh3:

Wonderful castle MOC, full of great details as allways SirNadroj :thumbup: I specially like your elevated "baseplate" and the way you used some torsos as skirts :wink:

Wonderful castle MOC, full of great details as allways SirNadroj :thumbup: I specially like your elevated "baseplate" and the way you used some torsos as skirts :wink:

Um, isn't this SlyOwl's MOC (or perhaps I'm missing out on some inside joke)?

That being said, it's a lovely castle. I really like the texture of the grey log bricks you've used. By far my favourite bit is the boiling water. As per the norm, your landscaping is lovely and the spears & fence protecting the edges of the castle are very appropriate. The use of the zebra-striped decorated tile for water is genius.

One minor thing; the doors on the front of the castle seem a bit off. I'm not an expert on these sorts of things but I believe that most castles had doors that opened inwards behind the portculis so that they could be properly braced.

Nevertheless, it's a fantastic little MOC.

Great work!

Edited by blueandwhite

Um, isn't this SlyOwl's MOC (or perhaps I'm missing out on some inside joke)?

SORRY! :blush::grin: I use to mix up their MOCs :wacko: They're both such great Lego artists :tongue:

Edited by BlueBard

A great job to use all your grey and still create a lively castle with well placed characters and loads of action. The angles work nicely with the hill falling away nicely. The little rabbit is great with his cute cotton tail. I knew you were up to something big as you have been quiet for a while.

SORRY! :blush::grin: I use to mix up their MOCs :wacko: They're both such great Lego artists :tongue:

How embarrasment :laugh:

love the "sneak attac". specially the details with the minifigs e.g. peeking around the corner. but the castle is very well done too. the base looks quite innovative to me. great job!

Even if you weren't able to build this as big as you wanted, it is still a very impressive creation, particularly the unusual base. The pikes and fence on the hills are very nice, and the inner grounds are filled with great details.

The minifig action is also well done. I wonder if something like this would have done well in the battles contest?

One minor thing; the doors on the front of the castle seem a bit off. I'm not an expert on these sorts of things but I believe that most castles had doors that opened inwards behind the portculis so that they could be properly braced.

Good point. You also wouldn't want your enemies to have access to the door hinges.